Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to deal with child-centric job when you hate kids

Posted by Cambion 
Re: How to deal with child-centric job when you hate kids
October 25, 2015
I didn't want to start a whole new topic for this since it's related to work, but holyshit I wanted to puke when I saw just how much food gets wasted in the cafeteria every day. I mean, I knew kids were wasteful little shitsacks, but I didn't know it was to the extent I've seen.

On multiple occasions, I have seen kids throw away untouched portions of their food (usually fruit), and on just as many occasions, I have seen other kids throw away their ENTIRE uneaten lunches. I don't know if that was because they packed a lunch that day, they felt sick or something else, but earlier this week, I watched a kid dump his lunch in its entirety in the trash. None of it had been touched or opened - everything, including an unopened carton of milk - went in the garbage. The usual thing is the students will get a normal lunch with all the fixins, pick at a tiny part of it (like eat the meat off a sandwich) and throw away everything else. So why take it if you aren't gonna eat it?! Are they required to take the bowls of fruit and vegetables?

I'm not gonna go on a "starving children in Africa could have eaten that" tirade, but wasting of food is a big peeve of mine - one of countless reasons I do not want kids: I know how wasteful they are with everything, especially food. The amount of food that gets thrown out by these kids is sickening, but hey, it's free, so what do they or their parents care?

Also, these kids make complete PIGS of themselves when it comes to condiments. I'm not surprised, but it's just disgusting watching them. There's like 25 bottles of various sauces/toppings available to the kids and they'll fill an entire section of their trays with an entire cup of ketchup for three chicken nuggets. Of course they don't use most of what they take, and they bring their trays up covered in fucking ketchup.

One day, I saw a kid come out of the lunch line with a tiny little palm-sized plate of broccoli, maybe 3 little florets. This greedy little hog completely flooded the dish with ranch dressing, right to the edge and to the point where the broccoli was no longer visible. I love ranch dressing as much as the next American, but I wanted to gag when I saw that. Makes me wonder if they can even taste the food under the gallons of sauce they put on everything. I am quite certain there would be a riot if they didn't have access to their ranch dressing and ketchup every fuckin' day, or if the school used packets instead of bottles.

I know very well there couldn't be condiment monitors because the breeders will bitch about how they pay school taxes (and most likely their brats get free lunch because something like 80% of the district gets free lunch) and their kids can have as much ketchup and mayonnaise as they want, goddammit.
October 25, 2015
Cambion
I didn't want to start a whole new topic for this since it's related to work, but holyshit I wanted to puke when I saw just how much food gets wasted in the cafeteria every day. I mean, I knew kids were wasteful little shitsacks, but I didn't know it was to the extent I've seen.

My mother is bothered by that quite a bit at her school as well. She collects the leftovers and uses them as chicken feed. It wouldn't be allowed commercially or for the school to have chickens, but private people can always take it. I hear some schools have community gardens and maybe they could at least use that for compost.

Large-scale feeding is always going to have some waste due to inaccurate prediction, and little kids are especially bad about sitting down and eating and from what I've observed they always waste a lot (hence breeders talking about eating leftovers from their children's plates) but the schools could probably reduce this problem by serving small portions and then allowing seconds if the first food has been eaten. I don't know why kids need some nutritionally complete warm lunch when I got by with sandwiches and carrot sticks. I remember Kim's rants about what the little porkers in her district receive and it sounded unbelievable.
October 25, 2015
I'm wondering if it also isn't that many of these kids are used to eating junk food on a regular basis, and thus waste a lot of regular food because it tastes 'bland' in comparison. (Might be why the kids take the little slices of meats out of their sandwiches, or drown their vegetables in condiments.
October 25, 2015
I don't think there would be enough time for kids to go up for seconds, to be honest. The kids are late getting back to their classes almost every day because they take forever to eat one serving of lunch and then they take 10 or 15 minutes to shut the fuck up once they dump their trays. Smaller portions probably would be nice, especially since I think the amount of food these kids get would be enough for an adult's lunch.

When I was that age, lunch was something like a cheeseburger, small bag of chips and a carton of milk. Or two slices of sheet pizza and milk. If you wanted more, you paid for it. For these kids now, standard lunch is whatever the main course is, a cup of fruit or vegetables, an apple, some kind of other side and a carton of milk. Those are the kinds of lunches I got in high school, and even then, I never usually got the fruits and vegetables because the main meal and a drink were enough for me. They also offer salads that are pretty goddamn big.
October 25, 2015
Drinking or drugging (in moderation) on the job might be your best bet, seriously. You can't change how annoyed you are by the sights/sounds/smells of brats. All you can do is try to reduce your sensory overload by leaving the scene physically or mentally...and you can't always leave physically. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
October 26, 2015
@ trance formation usa
grinning smiley

As we live in the proximity of a forest, we have now Amanita muscaria
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amanita_muscaria
in the garden.
I was wondering if I should dry them.
I guess such a mushroom tea would come handy in a case of breederific get-togethers drinking smiley
October 26, 2015
I've found something what supports this theory.

Scary Mommy:
People say I'm a great mother and that I'm always so calm and nurturing.
What no one knows is I smoke weed from sun up to sun down because i secretly hate children.
October 26, 2015
I remember someone on here saying they work in the field of elementary education (might have been Peace, but I can't remember) who said that, out of all the teachers/educators they know, about 70 percent were on some kind of prescription drug in order to cope with their jobs.

The only potential downside to self-medication to numb the senses is that I might wind up letting the little shitsacks take home books that they normally can't have by accident, meaning I'll hear about it from the librarian and/or administration. But trust me when I say I'm considering it.

When the kids listen, they are tolerable. Some teachers have classes that actually listen and the teachers are decent teachers who know the library routine. The class I had in today was actually okay - no screaming, no making trouble and they all got the correct number of books as well as books that they are allowed to have. Fantastic. Most of the classes are fucktarded, though; they try to borrow books when they know they can't have any, they bring up more books than they're allowed to take and I have to argue with them or they bring me books that they cannot have after I have told them in no uncertain terms what books they can have.
October 27, 2015
If you can take any solace in this, know that this experience may lead to a better job in the future, whether it comes from the people you meet on the job or interest from future employers. Just hang in there, many of us have suffered like this.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
October 28, 2015
@ Miss_Hannigan: agreed
October 28, 2015
Cambion

On multiple occasions, I have seen kids throw away untouched portions of their food (usually fruit), and on just as many occasions, I have seen other kids throw away their ENTIRE uneaten lunches. I don't know if that was because they packed a lunch that day, they felt sick or something else, but earlier this week, I watched a kid dump his lunch in its entirety in the trash. None of it had been touched or opened - everything, including an unopened carton of milk - went in the garbage. The usual thing is the students will get a normal lunch with all the fixins, pick at a tiny part of it (like eat the meat off a sandwich) and throw away everything else. So why take it if you aren't gonna eat it?! Are they required to take the bowls of fruit and vegetables?

It's been like that since the early 1970's when I was in grade school. And it usually is the school lunches that get thrown out, not a lunch brought from home (can you believe that back in the 1970's, kids were actually allowed to being peanut butter sandwiches to school? Yep!).

What do these kids eat instead? Snacks and candy and soda from the vending machines in the cafeteria?
October 28, 2015
No clue since there are no vending machines anywhere in the school, so I guess if they don't eat their free lunches, they just don't eat until they go home. And then whine to Mommy about how they're "starving" because the school didn't feed them. I think the school offers two different warm meals for lunch every day along with sandwiches and salads. Of course, there's always gonna be a few kids who go, "Duhhh-eeeeeee there's NOTHING to eeeeeeeeeeeat!" These are the same little fuckbuckets who come into the library where there are thousands of books and tell me, "There's NOTHING to reeeeeeeead!"

But the upside is I managed to find someone who works for the district who is willing to help me with the class management shit.
October 29, 2015
yurble
Cambion

My mother is bothered by that quite a bit at her school as well. She collects the leftovers and uses them as chicken feed. It wouldn't be allowed commercially or for the school to have chickens, but private people can always take it. I hear some schools have community gardens and maybe they could at least use that for compost.

Large-scale feeding is always going to have some waste due to inaccurate prediction, and little kids are especially bad about sitting down and eating and from what I've observed they always waste a lot (hence breeders talking about eating leftovers from their children's plates) but the schools could probably reduce this problem by serving small portions and then allowing seconds if the first food has been eaten. I don't know why kids need some nutritionally complete warm lunch when I got by with sandwiches and carrot sticks. I remember Kim's rants about what the little porkers in her district receive and it sounded unbelievable.

My mother taught school over 30 years ago and saw the same sort of things. What she saw was with breakfasts, the kids would get single serving boxes of cereal, juice, milk, etc., and many wouldn't eat it so what happened was teachers, principal, cafeteria workers, etc., would get together and divide up the unopened stuff. Just about all of these kids got free breakfast and lunch as well. You give them the food and there's no guarantee it will be eaten.

I saw a feature on TV once showing how some large high schools now actually have what looks like a scaled down mall food court with smaller versions of fast food restaurants in them. I think that's crazy. By hooking them young, they have customers for life.
October 30, 2015
mrs. chinaski
I think that it is also about Cambion's preferences -
what she REALLY wants.

Sometimes, the options available just don't match your personality
f.e. you cannot join military when you are some
kind of hippie "make love not war" person.

Exactly. Which is why I made suggestions for the Peace Corps or AmeriCorps which are as far from anything to do with war as you can get and offer a measure of forgiveness of student loans, which she has also complained about. I have also suggested charities that give cars to people free or at reduced cost to people with little or no income. I have also suggested options for housing as have many others. I have suggested getting a second job at nights even if it is fast food or some other job just to build up some money to get out.
I get the rental issues with animals. I rented many years with a dog.
What I don't get is why it is mean to suggest that one either live with their situation or take steps and make plans to change it. I fail to see how that is mean. I don't care if Cambion takes my advice but complaining about working in an elementary school library and having to deal with children is unreasonable and telling her how unfair it is she has to do her job seems to just seems to make her a perpetual victim who can never have a happy life.
Shrugs.
Several people have been extremely unkind to me on this thread yet they get no reproach.
I think it is time to take a break from this board. There seem to be different rules for different people which is fine. Not my board, not my rules. I will just confine myself to the island where people don't seem to be so sensitive.
October 31, 2015
Well, your name IS "evilchildlessbitch", after all!

We all have different skills, backgrounds and personal issues that can get in the way of progress. What's important is that Cambion is taking steps to move ahead, and is using this board to blow off steam from the frustration of working with children. She's not begging us for cash or looking for pity so where's the harm. I think you're more upset that she's not doing exactly what you're telling her to do, and that's your issue, not hers. Surely you're experienced enough to know that you can't change people's behavior.

BTW Cambion, I second the recommendation for drugs to help you endure the workplace. (Just not illegal stuff because you never know when you'll have to take a drug test.) I like Xanax, it softens reality enough that you can get through the workday without crying or choking somebody. And if you have no access to drugs, booze is still legal and here's how to use it while on the clock. For the majority of us, the work world is an understaffed, broken nightmare that you survive for eight hours a day just so you can enjoy your other sixteen, so there's no shame in medicating.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
October 31, 2015
Miss_Hannigan

We all have different skills, backgrounds and personal issues that can get in the way of progress. What's important is that Cambion is taking steps to move ahead, and is using this board to blow off steam from the frustration of working with children. She's not begging us for cash or looking for pity so where's the harm. I think you're more upset that she's not doing exactly what you're telling her to do, and that's your issue, not hers. Surely you're experienced enough to know that you can't change people's behavior.

BTW Cambion, I second the recommendation for drugs to help you endure the workplace. (Just not illegal stuff because you never know when you'll have to take a drug test.) I like Xanax, it softens reality enough that you can get through the workday without crying or choking somebody. And if you have no access to drugs, booze is still legal and here's how to use it while on the clock. For the majority of us, the work world is an understaffed, broken nightmare that you survive for eight hours a day just so you can enjoy your other sixteen, so there's no shame in medicating.

Or something over the counter, like St John's wort, usually found in the vitamins aisle of a drugstore.
November 01, 2015
I gave St. John's Wort a try a couple times in the past and didn't notice any difference. I'm going to try and get insurance for 2016, so maybe I can be on something if I can afford said insurance. Plus, something mind-numbing like Xanax might help me cope with the maternal unit at home too, so it won't just be to help me get through my job a little easier. I don't even work full-time either, yet I feel as drained as I did when I was working almost full-time at my old job. I'm kinda scared to wonder what shape I'm going to be in if I ever find a full-time job, but working with kids is absolutely soul-sucking.

Plus, there are so many damn things I need to work on art-wise for other people and myself that I can't even look at because I feel mentally drained and just kind of in a constant fog that I don't know how to fix (well, I was in the fog prior to starting my job too, but it feels worse now). I know, first-world problems, but artist's block sucks and I just feel constantly frustrated due to one thing or another, be it home life, creative pursuits, money/debt or work.

If I could just somehow subtract the children from the job, it would actually be just fine. The library part is great. The brat part is what royally sucks.
November 01, 2015
I think the insurance is a great idea. Thyroid problems can make you feel as if you are in a fog as well. I know this from personal experience.
November 01, 2015
I'm hoping I can afford insurance (it's gonna be $135 a month at least) so I can go to an endocrinologist. My regular doctor decided that since my TSH was within normal range in October, she's not going to give me thyroid medication at all... even though I feel just as crappy as I did two years ago when my tests were abnormal. I know there's much more that goes into thyroid disease diagnosis and treatment than TSH, but it is not a condition I want to try and medicate uninsured with the eleventy billion blood tests and medication adjustments. I also know I can't have a broken thyroid one year and not the next.

But I need to try and get my fucking lender to work with me because there's no way I can afford car insurance + fuel + health insurance + student loan bills on $730 a month, especially when just the loan bills are $500 a month, so I'm gonna be telling them to get in line for their first-class tickets to Nopetown, courtesy of Nope Airlines.

Also, I'm going to be getting something resembling training in the near future to show me how to deal with the damn students. Personally, I think it's just a little fucked up that the school did not take time to ensure that all the staff that interacts with students knows how to actually handle them. They just kind of threw us in and went, "good luck, fuckers." Would it have killed them to see how much experience we all had before throwing us in with a bunch of brats, and then gauge the amount of extra training we needed based on previous experience?

Just because someone applies for a job at a school does not mean they automatically know how to deal with kids. That's what training is for. I understand that teachers will most likely be equipped with the skills needed to manage classes, but supporting staff may not have those same skills, especially when previous experience working with kids isn't even a requirement (and apparently not even a preference, as evidenced by me being hired at all). At best, the school's inability to train me (or any supporting staff) on all aspects of the job is lazy, and at worst, it's irresponsible. But boy, they're sure ready to bitch in my ear about what a useless employee I am for not magically learning the child interaction half of the job overnight.
November 02, 2015
Miss_Hannigan

I have only looked at this topic off and on, so I'm not up to complete speed here.

I do agree with Hannigan's first paragraph here, yes, ITA.

Second paragraph - completely DISAGREE! DO NOT TAKE DRUGS OR DRINK TO 'GET THROUGH'. That is the first step to addiction. NO. Don't do it. I also disagree about "illegal drugs" because IMO if you're going to do any drugs at all - stick to weed. That won't hurt you nor fuck up your system. And - do it AFTER HOURS. And I do believe you said you're connected to some union? If so - it's highly unlikely you'll get popped for a drug test. Probably that will only come up if you injure yourself on the job. So don't injure yourself. Because they might want to drug test you in a hospital, and if you refuse - it'd look bad. Outside of that you should be able to smoke some pot after hours and no one will be the wiser nor care.

I've always been in HIGH STRESS work - right now is not too bad, but there's enough stress. I cannot fuck up and there are all kinds of deadlines and I'm dealing with other peoples money. Do not fuck up! But with this - at least nothing will explode. When I worked as an Engineer - yes that was an issue too. That is extremely high stress work.

And I hacked it. For years. STONE COLD SOBER. Plus this is dealing with biz execs - which are THE SAME AS bratty children - so if I can - YOU CAN.

And sure I drank and got high AFTER HOURS. I even kept THAT low. Because - I witnessed people DIE of booze and drugs *at young ages*. The youngest? 35. Yeah. That young.

It'll beat you up and make you look like hammered shit also. I'm 40 - I look late 20s. Why? Because I do not beat on my body! DON'T DO IT! I'm not DEAD either! I can think of at least 10 people I knew who died VERY young - from booze and drugs - because they self medicated over job stress. DON'T.

DON'T.

You too Miss H - we don't want to lose you smiling smiley

Channel that stress, and unhappiness with a job - into *looking for and working toward* a NEW job!

EXERCISE. Is an EXCELLENT stress reliever! This is hard for the more sedentary types to believe, and / or the types who just don't like exercise - FORCE YOURSELF. Find activities you LIKE. You don't have to be a rat on a wheel plodding along on a treadmill in a gym. BORING! Go walk outside. Take an interest in nature. Combine it with Photography, Birding, join a group. Or whatever may interest you. I played Tennis for *years*. Decades. I got a neighbor out back here - he plays hacky sack in the alley. And has found friends to join in. He also juggles, which he is very good at - he could be a performer at this. He said to me once - "To me - life is all about movement". Hmmm - interesting idea.

"Burn off the stress" and then - think of and work at - getting a new job. Doesn't that sound better than passing out drunk or being whacked out on pills? And then you'll be fried when you get home so - how will you work on moving ahead if you are fried and tired and wasted?

NO. Hannigan - Ima hafta disagree with you here. I will say - in some cases, or 'bad days' - yeah, I get you. But NOT every day. Keep in mind also - a DUI will cost you around $10K. Possibly more. And cause you a host of issues. Like drunk driving school which YOU will pay for! And AA / NA meetings. You want this? Gamble with this, lose, and find out the hard way. I've known plenty of people who wound up in this boat too.

And I observed all that and thought about it and said to myself - THAT AIN'T GONNA BE ME. NO JOB is worth it. NOTHING is worth it. Dead before 40 of liver failure? Nope. Not me.

But in some ways this is easy for me because I really don't care for alcohol. It does not agree with me. I only like to have a few "lite" beers here and there, on the weekend, with a pizza or something. I never touch any stronger booze. I can't tolerate it, it makes me sick, I do not like it.

I do like to smoke weed - but - that is not cheap (I get the high end hydro stuff, it's $25/g) - so I have to keep that low also. Only here and there. And ALWAYS after work hours. It also has a tendency to aggravate my allergies / bothers the sinuses - so I don't over indulge on that either. I can't, I can't afford to. I keep that light too. But - that is a 'relaxing' thing and will 'calm you down'. Plus it's a plant and natural - JMHO but you should NOT take pills or chemicals. This is GARBAGE that will screw up your system. AVOID!

My best idea - you said you wanted to lose weight. Your job involves physical work. Treat it that way - Free Exercise! I got hired for a job once at a shop because I said I wished to work there because I was *looking for physical work* - it's exercise and I wanted to get in shape and I was eager to do physical work *for this*. You know what they said? HIRED! WELCOME ABOARD!

Right now - I'm sure you've seen me go on and on about Real Estate here - I DO WANT TO do construction work - because - work, make money, and get in shape - all at the same time! HELL YES! I am a biz person and I have had two different construction co's who worked on my house OFFER ME JOBS! I'm not kidding you. They see the work I do - I work on it too - and they have OFFERED ME JOBS!

I was deathly ill a few years ago - I have built myself back up from that. I used to be an ATHLETE - Semi Pro really - I got school scholarship money - and this illness nearly killed me and I was SO run down from it that I could barely walk. Barely move. Pains in the bones on the level of an emergency root canal tooth ache. Yes - THAT BAD.

Now? I'm 90% "back to normal". I worked hard on this, I fixed it. Hello, Construction Guys? I'm ready to go!
One of these guys said to me once - "You work harder than most men." OK? thumbs up Yes I do and that was a fantastic compliment, I thought.

You CAN train your mind and body, you have NO IDEA what you're capable of! YES YOU CAN.

You DO NOT need to be 'maintained' (what is this, trying to legitimize addiction?) on ANY type of weird chemical pills nor booze. Esp. NOT booze. You want a new mindset to 'get through'? You can CREATE THAT without anything else. You don't NEED such things! It is bad for you and will eventually make everything WORSE.

IMO you need to change your mindset. And that does NOT mean being "Happy" about your job. It means finding other ways to look at it. Eg - treat it like 'free exercise'. Exercise and get paid for it. Remind yourself it's not forever. Keep your mind CLEAR so you can think up new job ideas or work for yourself / freelance / create your own biz ideas.

"Free your mind, and the rest will follow"

And sure you can have a few drinks and maybe smoke a little weed here and there. Only mention these as they are 'light' - you NEVER want to touch hard stuff nor become addicted to anything nor have to take strange pills. DON'T. Don't go there. You'll just be creating another problem to solve. And the same goes for food - do not 'medicate' with food either. You got the free exercise at work - start a *healthy eating* program. Within a month - you will be surprised at how much better you feel. And this will be incentive to keep going. Its also an accomplishment that is relatively easy to do - and you will be proud of yourself. And gain confidence - which will translate and help you with all other areas.

THIS is the answer. DO IT! I know you CAN!

And yes, people have said to me - but Zoe - you're a stronger minded person, it's easy for you to say. BUT - I didn't start out this way. And I've been "knocked down" plenty too. Including this serious illness that *nearly killed me*. And weakened me like I cannot describe. And I felt sorry for myself and mad - why me? But what can you do but give up - or - fix it. And Honey - it was HARD. It took me FIVE YEARS to get back to normal. And this was not the first 'difficulty' nor first serious illness or injury that I have dealt with either. It was - the worst though. And I'm getting too old for this shit. I wanted to give up and was ANGRY and felt VERY sorry for myself!

And to start back - I had to *force myself*. And it was NO fun, everything hurt, I got madder than Hell over that, it was brutal. Grueling. I had to FORCE myself.

At first. And then it got easier. And I got 'back in the groove'. And I began to feel better. Both physically AND mentally.

Look here - I've got a LIFE COACH for you! smiling smiley ~

https://www.facebook.com/drwoltman

Sign in and you can read all his thoughts. EXCELLENT motivator! Really sharp guy! This is a friend of a friend of mine - I often glance at his thoughts, he's a very intelligent and thoughtful guy - and yeah - this is his *job*. And you can see his excellent insights right there on FB. And read the things he links to. Here's a Pro Life Coach right here for you!

YOU can be strong and happy too! I know you can! You already have intelligence, education, you are fairly strong minded already - you're 3/4 of the way there!
I know you can get whatever you want!

Remember -

I CAN -
I WILL.

I have faith in you Cambion - stay strong! smiling smiley
November 02, 2015
@ Cambion: "working with kids is absolutely soul-sucking."
-> In my experience, every job you don't like is soul-sucking.
I had several jobs during my studies (and actually after studies as well)
I didn't like f.e. waitressing and every working day, every shift felt like eternity.
November 02, 2015
Cambion, I've been through the wringer with thyroid issues and there actually is a condition that can oscillate from overactive (or normal) to underactive and back. I forget the name because I was dealing with Grave's, something else, but your thyroid doesn't have to be statically under- or overactive for there to be a problem.

TSH is actually a horrible measure for thyroid issues requiring treatment, but so many doctors still insist on using it as the ultimate yardstick. TSH is very slow to change and in fact often enough within normal range when there is a problem - and vice versa: abnormal when you're not experiencing a hint of a symptom (anymore).
November 02, 2015
Cambion, next time you go to the doctor/endocrinologist, ask about having your PTH and calcium levels checked. I had mine checked and they were abnormally high and it turned out that I had two parathyroid tumors that were making me feel crappy.

And I agree with ZZelda. Don't start taking drugs/alcohol to get through your job and dealing with your mom. You don't want to use those as a crutch because that's a great way to start an addiction and then you'll be worse off than you are now.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
November 02, 2015
Cambion
Just because someone applies for a job at a school does not mean they automatically know how to deal with kids. That's what training is for. I understand that teachers will most likely be equipped with the skills needed to manage classes, but supporting staff may not have those same skills, especially when previous experience working with kids isn't even a requirement (and apparently not even a preference, as evidenced by me being hired at all). At best, the school's inability to train me (or any supporting staff) on all aspects of the job is lazy, and at worst, it's irresponsible. But boy, they're sure ready to bitch in my ear about what a useless employee I am for not magically learning the child interaction half of the job overnight.

Yeah they probably think because you are a woman, automatically you should know how to deal with kyds.
November 02, 2015
I think that the everyday reality is so hard that we all need some kind of crutches
to cope.
The question is if your crutch will be exercise, music or some kind of hobby
as Zzelda suggests or if you pick up some mind-numbing crutch like alkohol
or meds.
The latter is definitely a slippery slope as a lot of people don't have the sense
to stop in time.
All in all, Zzelda is right.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login