Re: Duh Busted For Intentional PNA Via Car
December 10, 2016
Miss_Hannigan
Veering off-topic, but I think the concept of jailhouse justice is largely fiction; why would a prisoner want to add time to his sentence without a personal reason to attack another inmate?

If your dealing with a prisoner who will be getting out of prison in his human lifetime you may very well be correct. But do please remember prisons are full of people doing life without parole or ever having a chance to leave prison. They will die behind the bars. They've nothing to lose.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
December 10, 2016
mr. neptune
The new methods will have something to do with animals, after all, it has worked with African Painted Dogs (but not with gorillas) so I think sharks, pythons, and piranha fish will be next, not to mention the trucks of Kilamanjaro Safari and Kali River Rapids.

The Python Method failed. What makes this story even more grim is that child protective services knew about the conditions at the home and didn't see any issues.They were more concerned about getting the adults to sign an agreement saying they'd only indulge their drug habit out of sight of the kid.
December 10, 2016
cassia
Miss_Hannigan
Veering off-topic, but I think the concept of jailhouse justice is largely fiction; why would a prisoner want to add time to his sentence without a personal reason to attack another inmate?

My understanding through second-hand information from previously jailed clients and my education with young offenders is that there is a strong "pecking order" in jail /prison.
As a prisoner your own status, basic needs (food, hygiene, blankets), safety and maybe even life depend on the continuity of participating in the pecking order.
If you are not a victimizer to those prisoners rated as "lesser" you are targeted to be a victim.
Many of the officials are aware of this and let it happen.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/how-common-is-jail-house-justice-really.2775015/

Well put, cassia.

Jeffrey Dahmer, though an extreme case, is an example of it. Flat-out murders don't happen as often, but other inmates will make their lives pure hell.
2014 hot car PNA links Duh to childfree sub-Reddit
September 20, 2018
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Cooper_Harris

https://www.reddit.com/r/SubredditDrama/comments/29rio6/rchildfree_goes_private_as_theyre_named_in_the/

I was reading something earlier on Reddit about creepy threads that had been forgotten and this one came up. There doesn't seem to be any mention of Reddit in the Wiki story, but folks on Reddit filled people in on some additional details. Apparently prior to this piece of shit roasting his kid in the family SUV, the proud father would read and post in /r/childfree about how much he hated kids and how wonderful it was not having any (stuff that has since been deleted). Meanwhile, nobody knew he was a parent.

Didn't take long for investigators to put the pieces together and determine that he had plotted to kill his son, especially after learning of his presence in a "child-hating" sub-Reddit, and the trouser stain got life without parole. Unfortunately, the aftermath of the case included people flooding the CF sub and accusing them of being baby killers and advocating child abuse/death to the point where the sub had to go private for a while.

On top of that, he was found to have also been Googling stuff like, "how long does it take for an animal to die in a hot car," "how to get away with murder" and "how to survive in prison." Totally subtle! His wife also totally defended him the whole time, so my guess is she probably wasn't too keen on the whole parenthood thing either. Not to mention TWO life insurance policies they took out on the kid when they were having financial issues.

I realize this is an old case (sorta), but it was my first time hearing about it. Seems a lot of people were supporting him and claiming he was innocent too.
Re: 2014 hot car PNA links Duh to childfree sub-Reddit
September 20, 2018
Cambion
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Cooper_Harris

https://www.reddit.com/r/SubredditDrama/comments/29rio6/rchildfree_goes_private_as_theyre_named_in_the/

Unfortunately, the aftermath of the case included people flooding the CF sub and accusing them of being baby killers and advocating child abuse/death to the point where the sub had to go private for a while.

It takes a special snowflake brand of moron to be unaware many people pretend to be something they are not on the internet. It is the perfect refuge for those who want to be a legend in their own minds. Lurking losers: we don't want anything to do with your kids and the parent(s) are always the prime suspects when children die.

He could have made a wise choice such as providing support for his child/potentially seeking a divorce or not having a child in the first place.
September 21, 2018
There was a whole thread about it at the time. eating popcorn

I've got nothing in common with a murderer who can't be arsed to do a simple search until several years too late. Anyone who puts any thought into having children can read about the pros/cons and alternative if they want to, before they reach the point where there's no way back to childfree.

And surprise, surprise, the excuse continues to be a get-out-of-jail-free card for breeders. I don't know why breeders as a group are so unwilling to admit that infanticide has historically been rather commonplace and it hasn't disappeared in the modern era, just gone underground. I suspect it is because most of them feel like strangling their children from time to time, and rather than accepting that kids can be fucking irritating and any sane person would want to get away from them sometimes, they deny the taboo feeling to the point that they "can't imagine" anyone would act on it. Because if they admitted that it isn't a "parent's worst nightmare" but a daydream, they'd have to acknowledge their own feelings, which sometimes diverge from the natalist narrative of society.
September 21, 2018
I remember this whole fiasco. I remember when this thread first popped up, and Dr. Drew was obsessed about this topic. I had this weird premonition one night, thinking something like, "What if he decided to attack us CFers because this creep was pretending to be one of us?" Sure as shit, about a week later, he posted a screen shot of bratfree on his show, and took a bunch of comments from this very thread out of context to make us look like a bunch of monsters. I was furious about it.

I'm so glad that guy got fired from his show. He was such a numbnuts. The reason they fired him was because he decided that Hillary Clinton had brain damage and couldn't be trusted to be president. There was NO evidence to back up his claim. He harped on it for awhile, and then POOF his show was gone. I'm glad. We don't need pseudo-doctors like him carping on about things he knows nothing about.
September 21, 2018
Oh shit, I didn't know we already discussed this! Sorry about that! Well here's hoping I'm not the only one who forgot about it or was unaware of it. I guarantee I commented on the original thread too. Insert the "just shoot me" emoticon here.
September 22, 2018
Cambion
Oh shit, I didn't know we already discussed this! Sorry about that! Well here's hoping I'm not the only one who forgot about it or was unaware of it. I guarantee I commented on the original thread too. Insert the "just shoot me" emoticon here.

We did, you did, but you gave me a reason to reread the thread yesterday. Sometimes that can be amusing.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login