Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The "I got bin go-ed" thread

Posted by juliewashere88 
Re: The "I got bingo-ed" thread
December 18, 2012
I am so glad I am over the 'wink wink' ... 'nod not' stuff. Now I am to the point that if I drop a little weight I am asked 'are you alright?'
First thing some think when one looses weight at my age is that we've contracted a serious life threatening desease. A few years ago I droped about 30 lbs.. over about a year... on purpose. I was feeling very good and, I must say, looking fab in my little black dress and heals that I wore to a formal affair. One of the first things I was asked by some who hadn't seen me in a year was 'Are you alright? You look great, but, are you sure you're alright?' WTF?? Can't gain, loose, puke or pass out without people getting all up in your business about it.
December 18, 2012
This was the link I wanted to post earlier: Bingo responses 4

----------
"Be yourself, no matter what. Some will adore you, and some will hate everything about you, but who cares?

It's your life. Make the most out of it."
December 18, 2012
I've never gotten so many weird looks or bingos from people before I started traveling in the south. While we were getting the car inspected in Louisiana, the woman behind the desk was asking the Mr and I questions to pass the time I suppose.

He told her we travel because of his job so we're always on the go. Her response "Oh I bet that's fun! But it'll stop once ya'll have kids" she had this big smile on her face. The Mr told her we won't have to worry about that since we're not having any. She looked at me and asked how many kids I had, like she must have heard him wrong. I informed her that I had none and it's staying that way. She looked at my husband and seriously asked "And you're okay with that?" Earlier he had mentioned he's from the south and I was from De - after hearing that I had my tubes tied with zero kids she laughed and said "That's some yankee shit right there!"

It was more funny than anything.

The Mr has all male coworkers (who ALL have children) and they all asked the first day they worked with him how many kids he's got and were baffled when he proudly exclaimed None!
I think he's gotten more bingos than I have so far =p
Ibelievehuman'slifeisn'tallaboutreproduction
December 21, 2012
Not sure if this can be classified as a bingo, but here it is..
I'm a 18 year old male, i have 4 older siblings (1 male and 3 female) but they're from different mother (first, my father married with a woman and then have 4 kids, the wife died and then married again, after that i was born). All of them are married and at least have two kids.
Here's the bingo part, when i tell that to someone (the all of my siblings already have kids), most of the replies are "So it's just you that doesn't have any kids yet?" .
I 'like' how most people think that human life is just born -> grow up -> getting job & married -> have kids and raise them -> wait till grandkids and retired from job-> die, IMHO i see no difference between that kind of life vs animal life....
Anonymous User
December 21, 2012
Ibelievehuman'slifeisn'tallaboutreproduction
Not sure if this can be classified as a bingo, but here it is..
I'm a 18 year old male, i have 4 older siblings (1 male and 3 female) but they're from different mother (first, my father married with a woman and then have 4 kids, the wife died and then married again, after that i was born). All of them are married and at least have two kids.
Here's the bingo part, when i tell that to someone (the all of my siblings already have kids), most of the replies are "So it's just you that doesn't have any kids yet?" .
I 'like' how most people think that human life is just born -> grow up -> getting job & married -> have kids and raise them -> wait till grandkids and retired from job-> die, IMHO i see no difference between that kind of life vs animal life....

Yep, counts as a bingo!

And I agree - roaches reproduce, too. It ain't that special, folks!
Anonymous User
December 24, 2012
Cambion
Good way to make money is make bets with everyone about when you'll have kids. Of course when you don't breed when the other side of the bet says you will, they'll have some convenient reason as to why they can't pay you ever.

And ugh, I HATE that no female between the ages of 12 and 65 can't be tired, nauseous, have to pee a lot, be late or miss a period, or gain weight without being accused of pregnancy. I've had my mother do this to me a few times - I make the error or saying I feel sick, so of COURSE that means I must be pregnant! Or she buys me pants without knowing my actual size and the pants are way too small, so that means I'm pregnant too!

Goddammit can't I just puke and gain 5 pounds and not be accused of being knocked up?

I hate this too. Several years ago, I was working at a different job. I worked with mostly middle-aged women. All they did was accuse me of being pregnant. I get nauscious and feel faint if I don't eat. I wasn't able to go on a lunch break. For whatever reason, management wouldn't let me. I don't remember why. It was a really busy day. I guess they expected me to hold the fort down so the other bitches could go to lunch.

Anyways, I said I felt like I was going to vomit if I didn't eat pretty soon. A lot of people don't understand this because when they get hungry they don't feel nauscious. One of my coworkers goes, "Are you sure you're not pregnant?" Le sigh.

Then there were days where I was really tired. I'd go to sleep on my break. A different coworker goes, "You seem tired all of the time. Maybe you're pregnant." This was back when I was only twenty years old. I had just moved out of my parent's house. I was trying to start my life. I really didn't appreciate being told something like that. Scary.
December 24, 2012
I get nausious and feel faint when I get hungry. I always have. I have low blood sugar and my potasium gets out of whack. Quick snack, potasium suppliment and a little mineral water and I'm good to go. But... I got plendy of 'oh are you pregnut' plenty of times when I was younger.
While I was dating my ..now husband... I was also working full time and trying to get my life together (I was 22) After a late night.. there were a few times when I didn't feel well in the morning and would be tired durring the day. My mother was going nuts worried I'd be inpig before the wedding. Thing is... I had been this way most of my teen years. The potasium thing mostly. Had no guy in my life, but my mother would still look at me funny when I said my stomach was upset. Actually... I think it was HER cooking that was doing it. Fatty..fried..over cooked stuff. ICK!
Anonymous User
December 24, 2012
My mom was one of the 'you'll change your mind' set for years, despite my telling her that I did NOT want chyldren when I was 19 or so. At age 23, I was voluntold to babysit my nephews (NO spanking!) when my brother and fam visited. Okie dokie: I treated my brother's spoiled 4 & 6 year old spawn like people, laid out the rules, and enforced them. What a shock that was for the spechul sneuflakes! Worse, they behaved perfectly for me, but had 'automeltdown' screaming fits the second I returned them to their parents... in public, no less.

After they left, my mom got on me about what a great mombie I would be because:
A) my dogs were better behaved than my brother's kyds... by a long shot
cool smiley I was so GREAT with the kyds (she missed the earplugs that kept me sane)
C) anyone who loves dogs must mysteriously love kyds

I finally told her in no uncertain terms that my dogs were housebroken and crate trained, and that if I reproduced I would be the mom who glued velcro to the wall and stuck her screaming brat up there by his/her blanket sleeper.
Amazing how well that works grinning smiley
December 24, 2012
Last week I got biological-destiny, meaning-of-life, never-know-true-love, and something-must-be-wrong-with-you. smile rolling left righteyes2
December 24, 2012
yurble
Last week I got biological-destiny, meaning-of-life, never-know-true-love, and something-must-be-wrong-with-you. smile rolling left righteyes2

And I'll bet the same people who said that are the same people who complain about their kids and not having time to do what they want since they had kids.
December 24, 2012
electricfire
yurble

And I'll bet the same people who said that are the same people who complain about their kids and not having time to do what they want since they had kids.

This. They're just being jealous arseholes - take no notice.

--------------

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it."
George Bernard Shaw

"An oyster can play catch if u only give it the oprotunity"
Some random YouTube commenter

"hate comments will be deleted!! fuckers!"
Some random YouTube uploader

December 24, 2012
strange aeons
electricfire
yurble

Oh, these came from an unchilded man. He claims to want three kids but would be willing to leave the exact number up to his future wife. I asked, "What if she wants zero?" and he said that wasn't possible.

He's probably right on that, since no CF woman would want to marry him.

I have plenty of years of practice at merely being amused by people's attempts to bingo me. The views of strangers have no real impact on my feelings.
December 24, 2012
yurble
strange aeons
electricfire
yurble

Oh, these came from an unchilded man. He claims to want three kids but would be willing to leave the exact number up to his future wife. I asked, "What if she wants zero?" and he said that wasn't possible.

He's probably right on that, since no CF woman would want to marry him.

I have plenty of years of practice at merely being amused by people's attempts to bingo me. The views of strangers have no real impact on my feelings.

Ah, it's a Dickwerx then. And such a charming attitude towards his future broodmare! "She can have what she wants as long as it's what I want." smile rolling left righteyes2

Bingos from strangers always confound me. How exactly do your reproductive choices have any bearing on their lives? Fucking nutcases.

--------------

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it."
George Bernard Shaw

Anonymous User
December 28, 2012
My mother once antibingoed me, saying “I can’t imagine you having children.” At least we’re on the same page.

Then again, as I’m a male, noöne expects me to have that fictional “breeding instinct” that every female is often presumed to have.
December 28, 2012
Not sure if this counts as a bingo, but today I kind of wondered out loud why a woman would be devastated that she couldn't have children. My father responded simply by saying that women want children. When I asked why that was, he said "Because it's normal." Given that he knows about my CF status (but likely doesn't take it seriously), I wasn't sure how to respond.

--------------

George Bernard Shaw

Anonymous User
December 28, 2012
strange aeons
Not sure if this counts as a bingo, but today I kind of wondered out loud why a woman would be devastated that she couldn't have children. My father responded simply by saying that women want children. When I asked why that was, he said "Because it's normal." Given that he knows about my CF status (but likely doesn't take it seriously), I wasn't sure how to respond.

Try something like “By the way, I got my tubes tied last week.” He’ll start taking it seriously.
December 28, 2012
lucky joestar
strange aeons

Try something like “By the way, I got my tubes tied last week.” He’ll start taking it seriously.

Oh Christ, I'm not sure I want to even think about how he'd react if I did! I mean, I only brought up being CF once and he got pissed off with me.

Though it would be nice if I could actually find a doctor willing to sterilise someone my age...

--------------

George Bernard Shaw

December 28, 2012
yesterday, when going through old toys in my closet, my mom and I stumbled upon an antique doll. I suggested to donate it, but my mom refused because 1.it is an antique doll, and 2. my kids can play with it in the future.

Last time I was home before christmas holiday, I had explained clearly about my CF ness. no kids ever, and no logical reason why I have to have them.

I don't know whether my parents love to joke or simply still can't believe I am CF. they should pick up the hint already; I clearly looked really bored at the christmas family gathering, where we watched little nephew's photographs slideshow, then watched little nephew act like a normal toddler (annoying) as we expected to go ooh and aah over the smallest thing he did.
what a boring, unstimulating evening.
December 29, 2012
strange aeons
lucky joestar
strange aeons

Oh Christ, I'm not sure I want to even think about how he'd react if I did! I mean, I only brought up being CF once and he got pissed off with me.

Though it would be nice if I could actually find a doctor willing to sterilise someone my age...

Do not lose hope. They're out there. smiling smiley
December 29, 2012
felisdomestica
yesterday, when going through old toys in my closet, my mom and I stumbled upon an antique doll. I suggested to donate it, but my mom refused because 1.it is an antique doll, and 2. my kids can play with it in the future.

Last time I was home before christmas holiday, I had explained clearly about my CF ness. no kids ever, and no logical reason why I have to have them.

I don't know whether my parents love to joke or simply still can't believe I am CF. they should pick up the hint already; I clearly looked really bored at the christmas family gathering, where we watched little nephew's photographs slideshow, then watched little nephew act like a normal toddler (annoying) as we expected to go ooh and aah over the smallest thing he did.
what a boring, unstimulating evening.

If it's an antique, too valuable to be donated, then it's to valuable to be played with too - kids would just destroy it.
December 29, 2012
strange aeons

She's "deviated" because she's a whiner. Seriously, I have no more sympathy for such people than I would expect sympathy for not having a Ferrari, or whatever other excess I don't need.

Given that other people lack things they actually DO need, like food, medicine, and homes, if someone's biggest complaint in life is their inability to breed - they're fucking lucky because that is truly a person with no real problems. They should appreciate their good fortune.
December 30, 2012
Not sure if it's a bingo, but this is something I remember from when I was about twelve and looking for clothes I didn't want anymore. This was with a babysitter.

Me: I hate these stupid dresses! Why does Mom buy them for me?
Babysitter: Maybe because she wants her little girl to look pretty!
Me: I can look pretty in blue pants!
Babysitter: What if your future daughters wanted to look pretty?
Me: No way! I'd make them tomboys!

So in one sentence, she (sort of) bingoed me about kids and hating pink, frilly dresses.

----------
"Be yourself, no matter what. Some will adore you, and some will hate everything about you, but who cares?

It's your life. Make the most out of it."
December 30, 2012
brown-eyed diamond
Not sure if it's a bingo, but this is something I remember from when I was about twelve and looking for clothes I didn't want anymore. This was with a babysitter.

Me: I hate these stupid dresses! Why does Mom buy them for me?
Babysitter: Maybe because she wants her little girl to look pretty!
Me: I can look pretty in blue pants!
Babysitter: What if your future daughters wanted to look pretty?
Me: No way! I'd make them tomboys!

So in one sentence, she (sort of) bingoed me about kids and hating pink, frilly dresses.

I was thinking sometimes that even if i wanted kids i wouldn't have escaped the breeder brigade just for that reason. I wouldn't have given a shit about gender or other stereotypes. I got it once when i gave my neighbour's daughter (5 years old) a firetruck as a present. The girl expressed the wish to have one although her mom bought her only "girl stuff". Her mom took me aside and gave me a whole lecture about women's roles and how i cannot just buy boy's stuff for her girl. I told her that her daughter WANTED one but she just cut me short that she's a child and doesn't know what she's talking about. And what would the other people say when they see her girl playing with boy's stuff?smile rolling left righteyes2
December 31, 2012
I got pre-bingoed. I had to take my grandma to a red hat meeting bc she had her car shipped down to Florida (and she would buy me a tank of gas if I took her). I was sitting next to another little old lady and we were talking and she started complaining about how her children haven't given her grandchildren yet because they have to finish college and how "they would feel if their parents felt the same way". I didn't even say I was cf, but it ended the conversation.
January 01, 2013
Snark Shark

IT'S A TOY TRUCK, not a LESBIAN BAR!
You almost choked me, I laughed so hard.Mr. T: I pitty tha foolhankyousmile rolling left rightsmile:yrfriendly hug
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login