Advanced

The "I got bin go-ed" thread

Posted by juliewashere88 
Re: The "I got bingo-ed" thread
November 25, 2012
starlady
electricfire
The bingo I've gotten was,
"Well, what if your brother has a kid and you get attached to it? That happened with So-and-So."
Well, if that kid happens to have four feet and a tail then it's possible. But if we're talking loaves here, no thanks.

What has getting 'attached' to your brother's kid got to do with having one of your own? That is a stupid comment. So.. you get 'attached' to a neice or nephew... big whoop. Doesn't mean you want one of your own. These bingoers are really scrapin' the bottom of the barrel for these things.

This sounds kind of like the reasoning people use when they want to bingo a CF person who happens to actually like kids. I would say that like 80% of the time I don't want to be anywhere near a child, but there are times where I actually think a kid is kind of cute or endearing. (Generally, these are the times when I see a well behaved kid or I'm actively prepared to deal with kids and in a good mood). For what its worth, I used to be a camp counselor. I was mostly in charge of kids ages 11-14, an age group I'm really good with. I know they sound like a nightmare, but they're really endearing and generally inquisitive about things we can have an intelligent conversation about...and I was a real bitch at that age, so I'm pretty much unflappable when it comes to pre-teen antics. However, I did teach a ballet class to younger children, and I really liked them in that context. Granted, I had them one hour a day, and they were generally well-behaved, so I liked them. But this means that when I do end up liking a kid, I'll get a bingo like "see, this is how you'll feel about your own" or "you can like kids! I bet you'll change your mind." No, asshole, I tolerated a well-behaved one for an hour. Doesn't mean I want my own.

On that note, I got bingo'd last week when I was freaking shopping. I was getting a new tote bag for law school, with cloth handles so it would be less painful cutting into my shoulder when I carted heavy books around. After I bought the bag, the woman selling it to me said, "this bag is great because it's roomy and has a ton of pockets...it can also be used once you have little ones. They'll also love the bright colors! My kids sure do" I bristled internally and said, "Thanks, but right now I just need it for schoolwork." This stupid woman went on to say, "well, you never know. I know you'll love it more when the little ones come along. I was so glad I had a similar bag when I had my kids." Maybe I was pissy, and I probably should have backed down, but I said, "I'm sorry. I don't plan on ever having children." I thought that would end the conversation...nope. She went, "Oh! You'll change your mind." I replied, "Nope."

She was still holding on to my purchase (they bring it around the cash register at that store) so I couldn't leave, and she went on, "Oh, but you have to have kids! They're a blessing! Especially around the holidays!" I replied, "I'd like my purchase now, this is inappropriate." She ignores or doesn't hear that and keeps going, "You'll love kids. Especially when they're your own. Why don't you want them?" I replied, "I just don't. Ever. Please...". At this point she interrupted me to go, "OH but you're so pretty! The world needs more pretty babies..."

At that point I glared at her and said icily, "Give me my bag please. Now. You made me very uncomfortable and I want to leave."
November 25, 2012
Ew, that's just creepy and inappropriate. And "the world needs more pretty babies?" Really? That's the kind of argument a little girl would use! Stupid mentally deficient placenta-brained shrew.

--------------

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it."
George Bernard Shaw

"An oyster can play catch if u only give it the oprotunity"
Some random YouTube commenter

"hate comments will be deleted!! fuckers!"
Some random YouTube uploader

Anonymous User
November 25, 2012
Back down? No, never back down and never surrender. And maybe call the manager about your verbal harassment?
November 25, 2012
Wow. Totally unprofessional. I would have asked to speak to the manager right there. What the fuck was her problem?
I bet you anything her own kids hate her.
November 25, 2012
@strange aeons...yeah, it was creepy. I've gotten the "you're so pretty" bingo before, but I usually say something like "oh well statistically speaking pretty people are more likely to eat their young. Oh...don't worry. Your young will be fine." This time I was too creeped out to really address it. What a strange bitch.

@kamakazepenguin and electricfire...yeah, I totally will contact the manager. I was there the day before thanksgiving (FYI per black Friday sales are often the same damned thing, minus the crowds) and the clerk was the only one there then I didn't want to complain to the manager on Friday who was probably going insane with the crazy Black Friday rush. So i'll call this week, hopefully the madness has died down some.
November 26, 2012
Bratymcpants wrote:

@kamakazepenguin and electricfire...yeah, I totally will contact the manager. I was there the day before thanksgiving (FYI per black Friday sales are often the same damned thing, minus the crowds) and the clerk was the only one there then I didn't want to complain to the manager on Friday who was probably going insane with the crazy Black Friday rush. So i'll call this week, hopefully the madness has died down some.

Keep us posted! Hope the mgr isn't also a baybe rabid c***.
November 26, 2012
I hate children

They taste good with barbeque sauce

I have zero patience for the filthy animals I think children are

If I had a loaf I would kill it

I would never put my body through pignasty

I like my lady bits the way they are.

Any of the above sentences shut people up very quickly. I'll be 34 years old in two weeks. I've lost all patience for stupid people and if I can I let them know it.
November 28, 2012
My DH kind of got bingoed on Thanksgiving. His sister recently shat a loaf, and all of the times we've seen it we've managed to get out of holding it because one of us was "sick"...but this time he actually was sick. She made some comment about how "one of these days you will finally hold your nephew!" He gave her some smartass comment back, I wish I could remember exactly what he said.

After dinner, the two parents went upstairs to get some sleep for an hour while the grandparents watched the loaf. My DH 's comment about that was something along the lines of "needing someone to watch the kid just so you can get an hour of sleep? Hell no."

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
December 04, 2012
I got bingoed by my Finnish language teacher's assistant. I was talking with my teacher about my progress with Finnish and i told her i still have troubles with grammar and i need to develop my vocabulary more. The assistant heard and said: "you will learn much better when you have kids, they are very good to develop your language skills". I got very annoyed because she basically interrupted my conversation with the teacher and told her that "nobody asked you anything". Stupid cow.
December 04, 2012
Okay... I'll bite... How would kyds help you with your Finnish language skills?
December 04, 2012
starlady

starlady, didn't you know? They make you a better person and a sanctified Moo.
Therefore, you are able to do ANYTHING.
Duh.

~~~~~~~~~~~
I miss my little feather baby.
December 05, 2012
starlady

Well, you know usually in a mixed marriage it is easier for the non-native to shit out a couple of kids. And since i'm unemployed i can stay home and develop my language skills by talking to them. That's how non-native moms do it. Because this is the best way to learn a foreign language didn't you know?smile rolling left righteyes2

I got one from such a person once when her kid started talking another language: "you'll see how it is when your kid speaks another language to you!" with that know-it-all expression we know when they do the "wait until..." line.
December 05, 2012
Considering how Moos are so fucking illiterate with the English language, I certainly hope the kyds learn from someone other than their Moo.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Anonymous User
December 05, 2012
What happened with the creepy woman and the manager!? I'm dying of anticipation here!! :eyebrows
December 05, 2012
I know someone who moved to this country a few years ago. Her husband already lived here, but he is also a non-native speaker. He works in his own business so what he has picked up mostly relates to his work. Since she was a SAHW, she started attending classes and her language skills quickly surpassed her husband's.

Then she decided to have a kid...there was no longer time for her to go to class. Her skills degraded rapidly, presumably because she was no longer going out and interacting with native speakers, but was instead spending her time with people from her homeland. Now she speaks far less fluently than her husband.

The kid speaks both languages well enough, thanks to exposure in school, but this doesn't influence the parents' language skills because they speak their native tongue at home.

Yup, having a kid helps you learn a language!
Anonymous User
December 06, 2012
When a couple of dudes I work with found out I was engaged, one of them said, "come back and see us in 6 months." He added that I had a glow about me. Yeah, it's not pignancy or anticipated pignancy that's making me glow; it's that I get to marry my best friend, the coolest guy I know. Wedding invitations need not be followed by loaf shower invitations. This is one of the guys that knows I'm adamantly CF.

I swear, I hear more of this shit from men than I do from women. I still hate working with/for women worse, though. When men turn into gossipy little junior high girls, it's for entertainment purposes, only. It's what they do when they've done enough "you're gay. No, you're gay," and they need to switch gears, for a while. Women have more insidious reasons for doing shit like this. They make all of us look bad.
December 06, 2012
When I was about 30 and was on a committee, I had to go to a meeting one evening. I had eaten something that day that had me queezy. Durring the meeting I had to leave a couple times to go to the restroom. One of the ladies told me later that I had missed something someone said in the meeting. She asked me where I was. I said.. "I didn't feel well and had to go out for a while"
Her face lit up and she said "Ohhhh, that sounds like there may be a little one on the way"
I replied "No, I'm just not feeling well"
She continued giggling and telling other people around us that she just knew I was pignant.
I got so disgusted I just blurted out "I was in the bathroom with freeking diahrea.. if you MUST know the details"
She just went 'Uhhh huhh, yep, I'll bet we'll get some news soon"
Well, it's been 30 years since then. She never got any 'news' LOL!!!
I hate that crap. You feel a little queezy and suddenly they swarm around starting rumors.
December 06, 2012
starlady
When I was about 30 and was on a committee, I had to go to a meeting one evening. I had eaten something that day that had me queezy. Durring the meeting I had to leave a couple times to go to the restroom. One of the ladies told me later that I had missed something someone said in the meeting. She asked me where I was. I said.. "I didn't feel well and had to go out for a while"
Her face lit up and she said "Ohhhh, that sounds like there may be a little one on the way"
She continued giggling and telling other people around us that she just knew I was pignant.
I got so disgusted I just blurted out "I was in the bathroom with freeking diahrea.. if you MUST know the details"
I hate that crap. You feel a little queezy and suddenly they swarm around starting rumors.

I'm pretty sure spreading rumors is grounds for an HR complaint.
December 06, 2012
juliewashere88
starlady

I'm pretty sure spreading rumors is grounds for an HR complaint.

It wasn't a job, it was a charity group I was in.
Anonymous User
December 07, 2012
This kind of thing doesn't happen to me very often. Sometimes I'll meet somebody for the first time and the conversation goes like this:

Other Person: "Got any kids?"
Me: "No."
Other Person: "I'm sorry."

The way that it is said gets me, as if I had just lost a close friend.
December 07, 2012
victoria silverwolf
This kind of thing doesn't happen to me very often. Sometimes I'll meet somebody for the first time and the conversation goes like this:

Other Person: "Got any kids?"
Me: "No."
Other Person: "I'm sorry."

The way that it is said gets me, as if I had just lost a close friend.

I would say: "Sorry? Why are ya sorry? I have all the free time that I want, to do whatever I want whenever I feel like it. It's awesome."

~~~~~~~~~~~
Anonymous User
December 17, 2012
Got my first bingo from a family member yesterday. It was actually kinda weird and awkward. Me and the Oh had gone out for dinner with my mother in law, her other son and his wife and kids. We were back at her house exchanging christmas presents and the other sons kids were hugging me and stuff, which I dont mind, and my sister in law starts this conversation -

SIL - Thats it, get bonding with them, we need a good babysitter
Me - Not a chance!
SIL - Ahh it will be different when its your own
Me - No it wont be, cos we are not having any
SIL - You'll change your mind in a few years
Me - I bet you a thousand euro we never have kids
SIL - Seriously though, are you gonna have them in a few years?
Me - Never!
SIL - What? erm..well...erm...I suppose its good to get that out in the open.

She had this big bemused look on her face, like I'd told her I was joining the circus or something. It was really weird. The OH was just stood there with a big grin on his face! Then said "nah we plan on actually doing stuff and enjoying life".
December 17, 2012
Good way to make money is make bets with everyone about when you'll have kids. Of course when you don't breed when the other side of the bet says you will, they'll have some convenient reason as to why they can't pay you ever.

And ugh, I HATE that no female between the ages of 12 and 65 can't be tired, nauseous, have to pee a lot, be late or miss a period, or gain weight without being accused of pregnancy. I've had my mother do this to me a few times - I make the error or saying I feel sick, so of COURSE that means I must be pregnant! Or she buys me pants without knowing my actual size and the pants are way too small, so that means I'm pregnant too!

Goddammit can't I just puke and gain 5 pounds and not be accused of being knocked up?
December 18, 2012
No one said this to me, but somehow, I can imagine it happening. Look at the first post.

Bingo responses 4

----------
"Be yourself, no matter what. Some will adore you, and some will hate everything about you, but who cares?

It's your life. Make the most out of it."
December 18, 2012
Cambion
Good way to make money is make bets with everyone about when you'll have kids. Of course when you don't breed when the other side of the bet says you will, they'll have some convenient reason as to why they can't pay you ever.

And ugh, I HATE that no female between the ages of 12 and 65 can't be tired, nauseous, have to pee a lot, be late or miss a period, or gain weight without being accused of pregnancy. I've had my mother do this to me a few times - I make the error or saying I feel sick, so of COURSE that means I must be pregnant! Or she buys me pants without knowing my actual size and the pants are way too small, so that means I'm pregnant too!

Goddammit can't I just puke and gain 5 pounds and not be accused of being knocked up?

I've learned to never tell anyone if I'm not feeling well. I just say that I just got some bad news if they notice that I'm out of it. I CAN'T STAND the wink wink nod nod shit they do when I say I have a headache or something. I'm not feeling well; the last thing I want to have to do is defend my reproductive choices.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login