Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The "I got bin go-ed" thread

Posted by juliewashere88 
Re: The "I got bingo-ed" thread
August 21, 2012
I recently got hit with the "No one is born a parent" line when a guy I went to school with found out I am never having kids.

August 21, 2012
starvingauthor
I recently got hit with the "No one is born a parent" line when a guy I went to school with found out I am never having kids.

wannabreed/breeder bingo: "No one is born a parent."
me: "Yeah, and breeders never become parents."

Let him mull that one over a bit.

It's your hell; you rot in it!
August 22, 2012
reaperess
starvingauthor

wannabreed/breeder bingo: "No one is born a parent."
me: "Yeah, and breeders never become parents."

Let him mull that one over a bit.

I will definitly remember that one for a later date. This particular breeder has gotten out of hand since I got rather unceremoniously outed as transgender by a classmate. Now he has made it his life mission to convince me that if I just met the right cock I would magically become the proper little broodmare he thinks I should be.

August 22, 2012
I get this one on Facebook,if I ever reply to a public posting with something that offends the overly sensitive " I hope you never have kids!"
Not sure if that's a bingo or not,but I get it a lot and wonder why saying this to me should upsetme, because it doesn't. I usually reply with "Jesus, I hope not either!"
August 22, 2012
This week i'm joining a conference where mostly MA and PhD students participate and i managed to get bingoed twice already! Yesterday we went with students and teachers at a cocktail party after the presentations. Most of us there don't know each other so we started talking and asking questions to get to know each other better. Note that none of the students there had kids.

Bingo 1: A girl asked me if i am married (upon seeing my ring) and immediately asks if i have kids. I said no. She then added the most annoying "not yet" and started smiling. I just raised my eyebrow and went on eating without saying anything. I noticed that she got a bit taken aback by my coldness but dropped the subject.

Bingo 2: We were at the local student house and this colleague of mine (we did the same MA) asks me pointing at a loaf at a table nearby: " so are you going to have one of those?" I said no and mentioned sterilization. He then got so restless, threw his hands in the air "no no no blackpearl, you are so young, you cannot decide that now!!" I got a bit angry and asked him why is he so fucking interested in my reproductive plans. He was a bit amazed at my reaction and added "ok, just stop, i was teasing you." Mhm...really? Because it didn't seem teasing to me.
Anonymous User
August 22, 2012
Was heartily bingoed at my favorite used bookstore today. Not heartily as in excessively, but as I was bingoed and that lady had a great deal of enthusiasm and emphasis behind it. It was kind of creepy.
I don't know what we were talking about (books obviously, just forget about what books) and somewhere it came along the line that I don't want children.

Lady: Oh you say that NOW, but you're SO young! Wait until you're thirty and those hormones start kicking, oh man, then hormones will make you SURE you want a baby and you'll have them!
me: actually I plan on getting sterilized once I have health insurance and can afford it.
Lady: Ohhhhh don't do that! You don't want to do that!
Me: Yes I do. I've never wanted children, even when I was young.
Lady: Well that's because you haven't had the hormones change yet! Don't worry they will!
Me: If they do, and I'm that desperate, then I'll adopt.
Lady: You'll make a GREAT mother.

Mind you all of this was punctuated with elaborate hand gestures on her part.
What makes people think we're automatically going to be great mothers? Is it my excellent taste in scifi/fantasy books? Clearly. shrug
Anonymous User
August 22, 2012
blackpearl
This week i'm joining a conference where mostly MA and PhD students participate and i managed to get bingoed twice already! Yesterday we went with students and teachers at a cocktail party after the presentations. Most of us there don't know each other so we started talking and asking questions to get to know each other better. Note that none of the students there had kids.

Bingo 1: A girl asked me if i am married (upon seeing my ring) and immediately asks if i have kids. I said no. She then added the most annoying "not yet" and started smiling. I just raised my eyebrow and went on eating without saying anything. I noticed that she got a bit taken aback by my coldness but dropped the subject.

Bingo 2: We were at the local student house and this colleague of mine (we did the same MA) asks me pointing at a loaf at a table nearby: " so are you going to have one of those?" I said no and mentioned sterilization. He then got so restless, threw his hands in the air "no no no blackpearl, you are so young, you cannot decide that now!!" I got a bit angry and asked him why is he so fucking interested in my reproductive plans. He was a bit amazed at my reaction and added "ok, just stop, i was teasing you." Mhm...really? Because it didn't seem teasing to me.

I like how when they go on and on, or THEY'RE so exasperated and personally insulted by our choices, they like to turn around and make US into the assholes for responding the way they practically beg us to.
Anonymous User
August 22, 2012
elaphe_guttata
Was heartily bingoed at my favorite used bookstore today. Not heartily as in excessively, but as I was bingoed and that lady had a great deal of enthusiasm and emphasis behind it. It was kind of creepy.
I don't know what we were talking about (books obviously, just forget about what books) and somewhere it came along the line that I don't want children.

Lady: Oh you say that NOW, but you're SO young! Wait until you're thirty and those hormones start kicking, oh man, then hormones will make you SURE you want a baby and you'll have them!
me: actually I plan on getting sterilized once I have health insurance and can afford it.
Lady: Well that's because you haven't had the hormones change yet! Don't worry they will!

What makes people think we're automatically going to be great mothers? Is it my excellent taste in scifi/fantasy books? Clearly. shrug
I wonder how she simply "knows" all of this shit, lol!
August 22, 2012
I think it's pretty funny that they think I would be a good mother. How do they know I am not going to leave the loaf at a rest stop somewhere in the middle of Montana?
August 22, 2012
chevygirl54
I think it's pretty funny that they think I would be a good mother. How do they know I am not going to leave the loaf at a rest stop somewhere in the middle of Montana?

I asked a similar question once. How does anyone know I wouldn't toss it in the nearest dumpster? It never gets an answer just a shocked expression.

waving hellolariouswaving hellolariouswaving hellolarious
August 22, 2012
starvingauthor

But some of us are born not to be one.

elaphe_guttata

what the hell with that pushy attitude?

I don't get "you are going to be a great mom" bingo either. if I ever had a child, it would be raised by a nanny then sent to boarding school. it will be the ultimate trophy child.

(if you're in your late teens or 20s, the hormones should have started to make you want baybeeeessssss!!! prime childbearing time!!! no need to wait for the 30s)
Anonymous User
August 22, 2012
felisdomestica
elaphe_guttata

what the hell with that pushy attitude?

I don't get "you are going to be a great mom" bingo either. if I ever had a child, it would be raised by a nanny then sent to boarding school. it will be the ultimate trophy child.

(if you're in your late teens or 20s, the hormones should have started to make you want baybeeeessssss!!! prime childbearing time!!! no need to wait for the 30s)

Oh really, it's teens and 20s? According to this woman it was in your 30s that the hormones hit, and seriously, says this lady, they hit really hard!
I'm twenty-four, and have never had the slightest desire to have a baby. But zomg! I will! Says bookstore lady!!11!!
August 23, 2012
fade_to_pale
I like how when they go on and on, or THEY'RE so exasperated and personally insulted by our choices, they like to turn around and make US into the assholes for responding the way they practically beg us to.

He is not the first one to pull the "i was just teasing you, chill out" card whenever i jump to defend my choice. These people think that their cheap and tired bingoes will shut me up or just make me nod and say "oh, yes, i see the light now, you're right". So when i'm ready to argue i see how uncomfortable they get and back off with the teasing excuse. And yes, basically make you the attacking asshole.
August 23, 2012
Maybe she meant that in your 30's you start hearing the bio clock ticking. Humm.. I think that's when mine stopped all together.
August 23, 2012
The only thing my hormones have made me want in my 30's is more sex with my husband. Not babies.
August 23, 2012
Yeah, they say that women are more sexual in their 30's and that men reach their peek at around 18. (and they wonder why older women go after younger men) As for me... I hit that peek after my hysterectomy when I was in my 40's. Hey, the baybee oven was GONE and I was goin' at it like a rabbit. ROFL!!! It faded in my 50's.
August 23, 2012
I'm 47 and my husband sometimes says he needs a break from me!

One of the best things about being child free.........sex on the kitchen table!
August 23, 2012
How about on a rock on a remote beach in Nova Scotia? LOL!!!
August 23, 2012
elaphe_guttata

A used bookstore! In the fantasy section? Isn't any place sacred from these stalkers???
Anonymous User
August 23, 2012
Yeah everything I've heard from fellow CF folk and from internets says that women do hit their sexual peak in their 30s, but it's not "zomg I want babies!!" so much as "zomg I want sex!" and these days those things are no longer mutually exclusive. So yes, when I am in my thirties, I will have lots of sex, and hopefully be sterilized!

Also yes, the scifi/fantasy section is not even safe from breeders. You can't even read your books in peace these days.
August 24, 2012
Just an update about the guy who bingoed me lately with "you`re so young, you cannot decide that now". A friend emailed me and said that he got upset because i got angry. Now WTF? You ask me about my reproductive choices and pester me because you don`t like the answer and then still it`s YOU who get upset?? And why does a friend has do write me on his behalf?Sheesh!
August 24, 2012
blackpearl
Just an update about the guy who bingoed me lately with "you`re so young, you cannot decide that now". A friend emailed me and said that he got upset because i got angry. Now WTF? You ask me about my reproductive choices and pester me because you don`t like the answer and then still it`s YOU who get upset?? And why does a friend has do write me on his behalf?Sheesh!

Oh, honestly. Who cares if he got upset? He was rude and intrusive, and you had every right to be angry.

I am kind of curious why your friend has to act as go between here, maybe the guy doesn't have the balls to confront you again?
August 24, 2012
chevygirl54
blackpearl

Oh, honestly. Who cares if he got upset? He was rude and intrusive, and you had every right to be angry.

I am kind of curious why your friend has to act as go between here, maybe the guy doesn't have the balls to confront you again?

Apparently he hasn't got the balls because he could have contacted me by himself. No need for a second party. And it still amazes me that i post quite many things about CFdom on FB. He sees what i post because sometimes he leaves me comments or likes at random things so it's not about blocking or anything. I mean either he does not pay attention to those CF things or he doesn't take me serioulsy. And it happened a while ago with other 2 persons from my FB list. They bingo me regardless of the fact that they know about my status but that happens IRL, on FB they never have the guts to comment anything when i post smth CF.
August 24, 2012
blackpearl
chevygirl54
blackpearl

Apparently he hasn't got the balls because he could have contacted me by himself. No need for a second party. And it still amazes aroume that i post quite many things about CFdom on FB. He sees what i post because sometimes he leaves me comments or likes at random things so it's not about blocking or anything. I mean either he does not pay attention to those CF things or he doesn't take me serioulsy. And it happened a while ago with other 2 persons from my FB list. They bingo me regardless of the fact that they know about my status but that happens IRL, on FB they never have the guts to comment anything when i post smth CF.

I don' think anyone who bingos someone who is determinedly child free, takes their opinion seriously, which is kind of insulting, in my opinion. I don' think they can wrap their heads around the fact that some of us do not want, do not like and do not plan to ever have children. They simply do not get it that some of us are quite happy with our life choices and don't feel a need to have children just to validate their opinion. It's infuriating.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login