Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The "I got bin go-ed" thread

Posted by juliewashere88 
mysana
Re: The "I got bingo-ed" thread
November 07, 2012
I just wanted to start off by saying thank-you all for giving me a laugh. I've been getting bingoed etc since a long time ago partially because i look older than i am (i'm 18 and get hit on by ppl in their late 40s) I have a ton of nasty diseases which are hereditary (actually a good thing, more leverage to try get sterilized, the consultation was delayed a month already total wait time 4months unless it gets delayed again), I'm technically disabled, can't work...yet ppl who know all this still assume I'll want kids.

My dad for example knowing everything that puts me through hell on a daily basis is hereditary still tried to convince me against trying to get sterilized, and trying to get me to at least freeze eggs if I do....its like wtf? My ex's mom knows I hate kids yet did the whole "poor baby, I'll be praying for you if worst comes to worst you can always adopt" -_-" then there's the strangers, on mothers day ever since I was about 14 I've been regularly wished happy mothers day and asked how many kids I have/will have etc. When I was at hydrotherapy one woman who knew about my issues etc popped one of those that'll change when you have kids talking about the lack of privacy in the change room and how I was unfond of it. I wish someone would ask me the "what if your parents thought that?" About disliking kids...I've had many many times I've wished I were never born, and them worrying about me has caused immeasurable stress for them and my mom is unable to go with my dad, when he travels for work and can only make it home a couple days a year, all because of me.

On another note,its like a bakery here lately, even the small stores I go in usually have half a dozen screaming loaves, or some still in the oven. I wish beating a 5yo in self defense was legal, I was at an adult oriented outdoor music thing some kid walks up behind me kicks me as hard as he can in the back twice and then runs away, his mom saw but only apologized when I was telling my mom how upset I was and how much my back hurt(I have severe back problems)
There was this breeder bitch who chewed me out like crazy for using a disabled persons change room(I have invisible illnesses aka I look healthy) saying "do you have a child and a stroller? I don't think so. Leave this room for people who actually need it. You have nothing wrong with you and no children go use one of those fucking change rooms".... tons of crazy breeders here....sorry for going off topic I wanted to share a bit since this is my first cf post.
November 07, 2012
mysana
I just wanted to start off by saying thank-you all for giving me a laugh. I've been getting bingoed etc since a long time ago partially because i look older than i am (i'm 18 and get hit on by ppl in their late 40s) I have a ton of nasty diseases which are hereditary (actually a good thing, more leverage to try get sterilized, the consultation was delayed a month already total wait time 4months unless it gets delayed again), I'm technically disabled, can't work...yet ppl who know all this still assume I'll want kids.

My dad for example knowing everything that puts me through hell on a daily basis is hereditary still tried to convince me against trying to get sterilized, and trying to get me to at least freeze eggs if I do....its like wtf? My ex's mom knows I hate kids yet did the whole "poor baby, I'll be praying for you if worst comes to worst you can always adopt" -_-" then there's the strangers, on mothers day ever since I was about 14 I've been regularly wished happy mothers day and asked how many kids I have/will have etc. When I was at hydrotherapy one woman who knew about my issues etc popped one of those that'll change when you have kids talking about the lack of privacy in the change room and how I was unfond of it. I wish someone would ask me the "what if your parents thought that?" About disliking kids...I've had many many times I've wished I were never born, and them worrying about me has caused immeasurable stress for them and my mom is unable to go with my dad, when he travels for work and can only make it home a couple days a year, all because of me.

On another note,its like a bakery here lately, even the small stores I go in usually have half a dozen screaming loaves, or some still in the oven. I wish beating a 5yo in self defense was legal, I was at an adult oriented outdoor music thing some kid walks up behind me kicks me as hard as he can in the back twice and then runs away, his mom saw but only apologized when I was telling my mom how upset I was and how much my back hurt(I have severe back problems)
There was this breeder bitch who chewed me out like crazy for using a disabled persons change room(I have invisible illnesses aka I look healthy) saying "do you have a child and a stroller? I don't think so. Leave this room for people who actually need it. You have nothing wrong with you and no children go use one of those fucking change rooms".... tons of crazy breeders here....sorry for going off topic I wanted to share a bit since this is my first cf post.

Because it is the lifescript and you must obey. Who cares if you have a plethora of disabilities, mental illness or mentally handicapped. Who cares if those potential kids could inherit said conditions and endure a lifetime of suffering. You must have baybees.
Oh, and didn't you know moos are special snowflakes? All the disabled change rooms, washrooms, handicapped parking and the like were made specially for them. To hell with the elderly and the disabled. Moos deserve the royal treatment for doing what millions of dumpster rats do every day. Therefore you must bow before them and lick their utters.

In all seriousness, your post made my blood boil. The entitlement of these moocunts knows no limits, all because they took a load of jizz and shit out a spit-gargling meatsack. And that Mother's Day thing, how fucking creepy. I had a similar experience when I was about twelve. Some random idiot mistakened me for my stepdad's wife. I mean, I know I looked older for my age back then, but Christ, not that old!
I wish you good luck on your sterilization. I know it can't be easy. Hell, it's hard enough for women in their 30s to get one. But there are some good docs out there that will be sympathetic to your cause. Just keep looking.
November 08, 2012
I heard an odd bingo. It wasn't said to me, but I thought it was bizarre.

"If you don't have kids, you'll get menopause later because you never stopped having your period for pregnancy."

Umm, wha...?:crz

----------
"Be yourself, no matter what. Some will adore you, and some will hate everything about you, but who cares?

It's your life. Make the most out of it."
November 08, 2012
brown-eyed diamond

"If you don't have kids, you'll get menopause later because you never stopped having your period for pregnancy."

LOL!! I thought that it started earlier if you didn't have kids. My mother was never pregnant and she started menopause in her late 40's. Her sister (who had 4 kids) didn't start till she was in her late 50's. My grandmother started in her 50's too. I had a hysterectomy at 40 and I was in the beginnings of it. Through a hormone test I found that I was in it around 47. I am through it now at 59. So... I think some idiot needs to get her facts straight. This is how all these fake stories get started. Som moo thinks something up in her placenta brain and it is suddenly 'fact.'
Anonymous User
November 10, 2012
brown-eyed diamond

Even if that were true, what sort of idiotic logic is that?

What's more stressful? Having the rag for a little longer (at that age you've already done it for decades -- really, what's the difference?) or having a shit monkey screaming your ear off for years and then sucking your wallet dry for the rest of your life?

I'll take the rag, thanks.
November 10, 2012
I have a recent bingo to tell...and a stupid one btw. My DH was telling to a work colleague that i've just got my car driver's licence. Her reply: "Oh, that will be so useful when you have kids!" Excuse me? So, i understand that right now my licence is not useful?smile rolling left righteyes2
November 10, 2012
blackpearl
I have a recent bingo to tell...and a stupid one btw. My DH was telling to a work colleague that i've just got my car driver's licence. Her reply: "Oh, that will be so useful when you have kids!" Excuse me? So, i understand that right now my licence is not useful?smile rolling left righteyes2

waving hellolarious Beederbrain! Did DH reply to the idiot?
November 10, 2012
Yep, he said that i got the licence for professional reasons. She just stared and let out an "ohh". She didn't continue. Luckily.
November 10, 2012
blackpearl
Yep, he said that i got the licence for professional reasons. She just stared and let out an "ohh". She didn't continue. Luckily.

Probably something beyond her reasoning ability. LOLbouncing and laughing
thundergirl85 NLI
November 12, 2012
I think the stupidest bingo ever is the "but your genetic line has been passed on for thousands of years, since the dawn of man, and now it will die out forever" variety. Usually, it's written out as a comment under CF-related articles, at least one giant paragraph long, and is filled with corny guilt trip attempts and doom-and-gloom undertones.

Even if someone WAS concerned with their gene line, that bingo would only work if each person ONLY had ONE kid, in every generation, throughout history. Um, no. Back in the days before reliable BC options, people normally had like 5-15 kids, and even now most people choose to have 2-3 anyway. As such, most of us have plenty of cousins, if not siblings, to pass on "the family name" or the ancestors' almighty DNA. Even for someone whose parents were both only children, their grandparents and great-grandparents would have descendents of their own, which would result in an even higher number of "cousins twice removed" or whatever.

I'm kind of tired right now, sorry if that post isn't well articulated, but that bingo is stupid. I mean, it's stupid anyway considering that there's other ways to make a more meaningful difference than just passing on DNA (i.e. what about being a leader/hero in other ways, and if someone wants to be involved with kids, adoption/mentoring is needed too. Being a good PNB should be about RAISING kids, and instilling strong values in them, not just providing the DNA and acting like a saint for it). But even if you overlook that part, it's absolutely idiotic to assume that the entire lineage would end simply because ONE person doesn't sprog.
November 12, 2012
If anyone ever told me my line was dying out I would be happy to hear that and tell them it couldn't happen soon enough.
November 13, 2012
thundergirl85 NLI
As such, most of us have plenty of cousins, if not siblings, to pass on "the family name" or the ancestors' almighty DNA. Even for someone whose parents were both only children, their grandparents and great-grandparents would have descendents of their own, which would result in an even higher number of "cousins twice removed" or whatever.

To say nothing, of course, of how much genetic similarity there is between all members of the species, and the commonalities with other species (chimps).

thundergirl85 NLI
I think the stupidest bingo ever is the "but your genetic line has been passed on for thousands of years, since the dawn of man, and now it will die out forever" variety.

When I read something like that, I think that the person doesn't have a sense of perspective or an understanding of statistics.

It's a lack of perspective because there are hundreds of thousands of 'lines' which didn't make it to the present day. When you look at the millions of years of reproduction that preceded me and also a person who died without children in 1500, our specific genetic sequences could be said to be pretty much equally successful - the gap between 1500 and today is minimal. And yet nobody is bemoaning all the people in 1500 who didn't reproduce.

Then there's all the 'lines' which didn't develop. If my parents had had sex two minutes later, maybe a different sperm would have met the egg - maybe I wouldn't exist. What about that possible 'line'? It would share the same amount of genetic similarity with me as siblings, but it wouldn't be me. If I'm not worried about that permutation's 'line' coming to an end, I should find it equally satisfying for my cousins and siblings to carry on our common 'line' (assuming I want it carried on), like thundergirl suggested.

On statistics: When you're standing at the 'end' of a long chain of events and you look back and say "Wow, what are the chances of me being alive today, what if one of my ancestors had died of the plague?" it shows you don't understand that once something has happened, the probability of it having had happened is 1. (That has to be the most confused tense ever - I wonder what it is called.) With millions of possible outcomes, each with a low probability, something had to happen. T0 is now, not centuries ago.

I think we can just sum it up by saying that people who make this argument are dumb. They have never calculated what percentage of their genes will persist a mere 10 generations out. There is no immortality through sexual propagation.

(For Zzelda: I'm now picturing thousands of possible universes and being asked to pick the one I like the best. I'm shown this universe, and now I'm asked if I want to swap. I think of the Monty Hall problem and change universes. Goodbye, existing 'lines'.)
November 13, 2012
thundergirl85 NLI
I think the stupidest bingo ever is the "but your genetic line has been passed on for thousands of years, since the dawn of man, and now it will die out forever" variety. Usually, it's written out as a comment under CF-related articles, at least one giant paragraph long, and is filled with corny guilt trip attempts and doom-and-gloom undertones..

Yes it is, my genetic line full of racists, alcoholism,cardiopulmonary disease and sunday christians. Her line with schizophrenia. Add our ages at time of marriage with increased risk of Downs.

Is it better the line die out or to have a crazy, racist, drunk with the IQ of an ant that can't breathe?

You decide...

thundergirl85 NLI
I think the stupidest bingo ever is the "but your genetic line has been passed on for thousands of years, since the dawn of man, and now it will die out forever" variety. Usually, it's written out as a comment under CF-related articles, at least one giant paragraph long, and is filled with corny guilt trip attempts and doom-and-gloom undertones.

Indeed - my genetic line doesn't carry anything too heinous (congenital cataracts is about it). However, there is enough genetic material out there without mine added to the mix. We have genetic diversity aplenty.

It's your hell; you rot in it!
November 23, 2012
I'm not even certain what my genetic line has, although I'm pretty sure I could be the carrier for some type of mental illness. The kid would definitely have vision problems, however.

----------
"Be yourself, no matter what. Some will adore you, and some will hate everything about you, but who cares?

It's your life. Make the most out of it."
November 23, 2012
Okay... I am sure there were lots of 'bingo moments' on Turkey Day. Lots of family gatherings can only spell trouble. I didn't have any. Happily past that point and didn't invite anyone who would bingo me anyway. LOL
November 24, 2012
genetic line bingo is fucking stupid. you and your ancestor from, say, 2000 years ago probably share as much genetic material as your ancestor do with your neighbor, considering that your neighbor is the same race as you.
in the case of grandparent-grandchild, grandchild only possesses 25% of your idiot genetic line. if your progeny could survive and breed until his/her 7th generation, you would only share a ridiculously small amount of genetic material with that 7th generation. 0.390625%, to be exact. suppose everyone in your family breed at the age of 25, your genetic material will be rendered insignificant after 200 years. if you really want to transfer your idiot genetic material, probably you should learn how to do vegetative reproduction. fucking breeders.
November 24, 2012
So far the only bingo I've had was this middle-aged woman telling me that, while not wanting kids was fine (duh, I knew that already), I'd hit 30 and suddenly really, really WANT baybeeeez - with my "whole body", no less! Like the hormones would suddenly kick in and override everything else. two faces puking

Put the fear of Darwin into me, it did.

--------------

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it."
George Bernard Shaw

"An oyster can play catch if u only give it the oprotunity"
Some random YouTube commenter

"hate comments will be deleted!! fuckers!"
Some random YouTube uploader

November 25, 2012
strange aeons
So far the only bingo I've had was this middle-aged woman telling me that, while not wanting kids was fine (duh, I knew that already), I'd hit 30 and suddenly really, really WANT baybeeeez - with my "whole body", no less! Like the hormones would suddenly kick in and override everything else. two faces puking

Sadly, this is usually true in my experience. I've had many friends tell me in the past that they had no interest in breeding, then suddenly they turn 30 or 32, and they're weeping about how they want baybees more than anything in the whole wide worrrld...yep, I've seen many get infected with the Raybees. And if they're single or not actively trying to get knocked up, they turn into big time breeder pleasers.

I hate to say it, but when newly married chicks in their 20s tell me they don't think they want to breed, I'm a little skeptical because I have yet to meet any IRL who have been married 3+ years and are over 30 who haven't bred or aren't "trying". Or my personal favorite, "We're not trying, but we're not NOT trying either". smile rolling left righteyes2
November 25, 2012
Ketchup
strange aeons

Sadly, this is usually true in my experience. I've had many friends tell me in the past that they had no interest in breeding, then suddenly they turn 30 or 32, and they're weeping about how they want baybees more than anything in the whole wide worrrld...yep, I've seen many get infected with the Raybees. And if they're single or not actively trying to get knocked up, they turn into big time breeder pleasers.

I hate to say it, but when newly married chicks in their 20s tell me they don't think they want to breed, I'm a little skeptical because I have yet to meet any IRL who have been married 3+ years and are over 30 who haven't bred or aren't "trying". Or my personal favorite, "We're not trying, but we're not NOT trying either". smile rolling left righteyes2

Very dangerous attitude towards life, that. It's horrifying how many people are content to sleepwalk through their lives.

Still, I've heard from other CF women that the sudden baybee raybees thing is bollocks - if anything, when you get to that age, you just want more sex. But of course, we all know how breeders think, so it's understandable that they'd interpret an increase in sex drive as wanting a sproglet.

--------------

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it."
George Bernard Shaw

"An oyster can play catch if u only give it the oprotunity"
Some random YouTube commenter

"hate comments will be deleted!! fuckers!"
Some random YouTube uploader

November 25, 2012
Yeah, sleepwalking it is indeed. I just Googled "we're not NOT trying" - seven million plus hits. And they all appear to be breeding-related. openmouthed shock
November 25, 2012
Okay.. I am going to admit here that I had a slight twing of the Raybees when I was in my early 30's. I thank the gods that my dh and a couple visits to my SIL with the 2 yo changed my mind. I was thinking.... maybeeee just onnneee? It only lasted a few months. We never tried and I got over it. Got the tubes tied and never regretted it. I've told my now 29yo nephew a few times that he was one of the reasons we're CF. He thinks it's funny...because he is leaning over the CF side of the fence himself.
Anonymous User
November 25, 2012
Ketchup

My cousin was one of those. She said that parenthood was something she didn't really have an interest in, but if it happened it happened. Ten years later, she has three children (the youngest was born about six months ago).

Her brother and his wife have no interest in having kids so I know I'm not alone in being the only woman without children, but the couple of times I've interacted with her I got the vibe that she didn't care for me too much so there's no "we don't want kids" bonding going on there unfortunately.
November 25, 2012
The bingo I've gotten was,
"Well, what if your brother has a kid and you get attached to it? That happened with So-and-So."
Well, if that kid happens to have four feet and a tail then it's possible. But if we're talking loaves here, no thanks.
November 25, 2012
electricfire
The bingo I've gotten was,
"Well, what if your brother has a kid and you get attached to it? That happened with So-and-So."
Well, if that kid happens to have four feet and a tail then it's possible. But if we're talking loaves here, no thanks.

What has getting 'attached' to your brother's kid got to do with having one of your own? That is a stupid comment. So.. you get 'attached' to a neice or nephew... big whoop. Doesn't mean you want one of your own. These bingoers are really scrapin' the bottom of the barrel for these things.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login