Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The "I got bin go-ed" thread

Posted by juliewashere88 
Re: The "I got bingo-ed" thread
October 01, 2012
Have to laugh at the 'you are wasting good genes' stuff. I got that remark from a friend of mine years ago. I have always been healthy with good teeth and skin. I never seem to even get a cold more than once every few years. So she laid that one on me. However... my dh's genes are something I wouldn't want to pass on to anyone. His would probably cancel out mine so... there you have it. I told my friend that and the idiot said 'oh that wouldn't happen.....' bla bla bla.
Anonymous User
October 01, 2012
My boyfriend's mother has been obsessed with babies lately... She's been bringing it up constantly which is always awkward. We're 21 and 22. BF says he doesn't want kids, she says "in a couple years" (no) and "BUT I NEED GRANDCHILDREN TO SPOIL WHO AM I GOING TO GIVE MY MONEY TO WHEN I DIE BLAHBLAH" So basically we need to ruin our lives because she wants someone to buy stuff for? We have cats.. she can buy them stuff?

He's not an only child either. He has a brother who is a couple years younger but... he's mommy's little boy. No girl is allowed to touch him.
October 02, 2012
lizzimi
My boyfriend's mother has been obsessed with babies lately... She's been bringing it up constantly which is always awkward. We're 21 and 22. BF says he doesn't want kids, she says "in a couple years" (no) and "BUT I NEED GRANDCHILDREN TO SPOIL WHO AM I GOING TO GIVE MY MONEY TO WHEN I DIE BLAHBLAH" So basically we need to ruin our lives because she wants someone to buy stuff for? We have cats.. she can buy them stuff?

He's not an only child either. He has a brother who is a couple years younger but... he's mommy's little boy. No girl is allowed to touch him.

Perhaps she should read the story about the two demon spawn that beat their great-grandmother to death.
My mom wants grandchildren, she's said as much. But she knows that I won't be the one giving them to her, and as far as I know she's okay with it. However, I dread the day when my brother decides to have brats. I know I'll be obligated to fawn all over them.
Anonymous User
October 15, 2012
starlady
Have to laugh at the 'you are wasting good genes' stuff. I got that remark from a friend of mine years ago. I have always been healthy with good teeth and skin. I never seem to even get a cold more than once every few years. So she laid that one on me.

I've gotten that too, and I've never understood that. People tell me smart people need to breed more. If I have such good genes, why should I waste them by being a breeder when I could do something productive with them instead?
October 20, 2012
I met recently a student enrolled in the master's programme i just finished this summer and after talking for a while i found out that she has enrolled for the same programme about 8 years ago but couldn't finish because she had a kid. And now she was telling me that it is struggling a lot at school because she doesn't have time and she in debt badly. She is divorced because the baby daddy wanted the loaf but after it came he just didn't want to involve himself in raising it.

After lots of semi-bingoes how she got more mature after birth and i couldn't understand how hard is at school when you have a loaf she asked me how i do. I said that my financial situation is not great, DH doesn't have a stable job, i'm a student and work hard at school because one day i might head to PhD. In our talk i mentioned that i'm an introvert, i like reading a lot, i hate noisy bars and getting drunk...and you know what she said? "You're so ready to have a baybee!"

WTF? So i tell you my financial situation is crap and you tell me i'm ready to have a loaf? So just because i'm a person that likes peace and doesn't get drunk i'm ready to have a loaf? After the way you bitched about how hard is life with a loaf you actually imply that i should crap in my studies and go calving? My mind just exploded. smile rolling left righteyes2
October 20, 2012
Proof that misery really does love company. This bint ruined her life by giving into the lifescript and she's miserable. Now she can't stand to see anybody else happy.
:bedmadelie Just because you fucked up your life, doesn't mean I have to. Now excuse me. I have some Deadly Women to watch without being interrupted by screeching brats.
Phalange
October 21, 2012
Hi all, i'm new here. I'm enjoying reading all your stories and just wanted to share some comebacks i have used in the past.

1) Moo/Mr Moo: "You don't know real love until you've had a child".

Me: -Tell that to Mother Theresa, Dali Lama, The Pope or Jesus. All very loving people indeed.
or
-So you don't really love your husband?

2) Moo/Mr Moo: "You'll change you mind"
Me: I'm quite happy with the one I have, thanks. Although you might change yours.

3) Upon learning my CF status, a Mr Moo with a particularly condescending manner, responded with "what a waste" shaking his head. To which I replied, "I know! (beaming smile) it's only 24 inches, unlike most mommies' waists."

4) Moo (only females say this one to me): "That's selfish"
Me: Really? Ok give me an example of an unselfish reason you had for having children. (They haven't been able to. It always comes back to "i want/need").

Sometimes when people ask me why I don't want children. I'll affect a soft expression and say "i'm missing a gene" (pause) (they get a concerned/sad expresssion) then i finish, "the maternal one".

Hope these are useful for someone. smiling smiley
Phalange
October 21, 2012
PS A couple more:

Moo: "I never became [complete/fulfilled/etc] until I had a child" (usually accompanied by an all-knowing expression).

Me: I'm sorry you have such low self-esteem.
(Also useful for moos that say "You're not a real woman until you become a mother.")
October 21, 2012
Nice, mostly. One problem: "mother Theresa" was an evil bitch who go off on the suffering of others, would totrure the people she was pretending to help, and would pocket donations that were meant to provide her victims with medical care. It's amazing that this monster is still fooling people to this day.

The pope (pick one) is even worse.
October 21, 2012
And in latest research... even Jesus parental status is in question.
Phalange
October 21, 2012
Wow juliewashere88 Theresa sounds like the spawn from hell! Thanks for letting me know, i'll look in to her.

I'm so glad i found this thread, it's made me feel so much better reading others' stories. I've found the reactions of others overwhelmingly negative after they push me for why my husband and I don't want children. -Have really wondered why they go about trying to convince me with rabid fervor. Some of you have said that it's probably because they need to convince themselves of their choice to have children. This makes so much sense and thank you for the insight.
October 23, 2012
electricfire
Proof that misery really does love company. This bint ruined her life by giving into the lifescript and she's miserable. Now she can't stand to see anybody else happy.
:bedmadelie Just because you fucked up your life, doesn't mean I have to. Now excuse me. I have some Deadly Women to watch without being interrupted by screeching brats.

She thinks that if she could manage, then i have no excuse. Excuse me but i'm that kind of student who attends classes regularly and does the assignments in time, not interrupt her studies for shitting out a loaf, go back after 8 years and bitch that it's too hard and demanding. I'm really tired of these superiority airs "ohh look at me, i've made my life hard deliberately and i'm sooo mature". Just because you got yourself in deep shit that doesn't automatically gives you the authority to talk down to me and tell me what i should do with my life.

And just because i prefer quietness to clubs and getting drunk it doesn't mean i'm ready to shit out a loaf. That was a weird bingo. Ohh, so you don't get drunk and party? Then for sure you are ready for a loaf!saying 'wtf' You can't win with these people. You just can't win.
October 23, 2012
blackpearl- you are trying to respond LOGICALLY. Moos 'logic' is shat out along with the loaf.

~~~~~~~~~~~
I miss my little feather baby.
October 23, 2012
blackpearl:
And just because i prefer quietness to clubs and getting drunk it doesn't mean i'm ready to shit out a loaf. That was a weird bingo. Ohh, so you don't get drunk and party? Then for sure you are ready for a loaf! You can't win with these people. You just can't win.

That particular bingo really irks my nerves. Besides the fact that there's nothing wrong with clubbing, there are other outside activities. The idiots who say that act like partying and drinking is all you can do when you go out. And just like inside, you can do some of them alone if you prefer. No wonder they say their life meant nothing before the baby. They couldn't think outside their tiny box.

----------
"Be yourself, no matter what. Some will adore you, and some will hate everything about you, but who cares?

It's your life. Make the most out of it."
Anonymous User
October 23, 2012
Well, it was tiny before...
:biggrin2
October 26, 2012
juliewashere88
Nice, mostly. One problem: "mother Theresa" was an evil bitch who go off on the suffering of others, would totrure the people she was pretending to help, and would pocket donations that were meant to provide her victims with medical care. It's amazing that this monster is still fooling people to this day.

The pope (pick one) is even worse.

Christopher Hitchens called her the ghoul of Calcutta.
November 05, 2012
randomcfchick
I've noticed that since hitting my late thirties, the number of bingos has declined. But I got another one about "wasting good genetic material" from a gal who is otherwise a wonderful lady and a good friend. I was surprised...she is not one to engage is such thinking, usually.

Sigh. 1: she doesn't know the contents of my genes, and 2. having "perfect" genes wouldn't suddenly make me want to put up with the 24/7 kidcentric life that is parenthood.

Told her as much, and that ended that line of the conversation.

I am jealous. I am 37 and the Bingos are just increasing yearly. I didn't marry until 33 so before that there wasn't too much pressure to breed, although most people couldn't believe I hadn't been married or at least sluiced one loaf because "it happens."

I actually got the "sometimes it just happens" Bingo about a week ago from an old high school friend on Facebook. I just responded "not to me," which was a mistake because it just got me a million more Bingos and "examples" of people who didn't mean to get knocked up at all or knocked up right then and look how wonderful it all turned out.
November 06, 2012
I actually got the "sometimes it just happens" Bingo about a week ago from an old high school friend on Facebook. I just responded "not to me," which was a mistake because it just got me a million more Bingos and "examples" of people who didn't mean to get knocked up at all or knocked up right then and look how wonderful it all turned out.

Doesn't just 'happen' if you do the right things to prevent it. That is the dumbest bingo ever. I think I had that one a few times myself. Funny... when I was young and didnt' know these remarks as 'bingos' I was a bit oblivious to them. Now that I have been discussing this kind of stuff on these boards I am remembering more and more all those stupid comments I got. Dang! I had a million of them.
Anonymous User
November 06, 2012
evilchildlessbitch
I am jealous. I am 37 and the Bingos are just increasing yearly. I didn't marry until 33 so before that there wasn't too much pressure to breed, although most people couldn't believe I hadn't been married or at least sluiced one loaf because "it happens."

You should inform them about this thing called "abortion," that can fix those little mistakes.
November 06, 2012
I don't know what it is about me but a mormon girl (inpig with loaf number 2) has set her crosshairs on me and is intent on "saving my soul" and turning me into a good mormon wife for someone (as of yet undecided) from her church.

She has thrown every bingo she can think of at me and has simply decided that I hate myself and am trying to "conform". She is, rather amusingly, trying to tell me that getting married and churing out loaves like a good wifey "totally isn't conforming". By far the worst bingo though is her desperatly trying to sell the "mothers is the greatest honor a woman can recieve" bingo.

I honestly have no idea what to do at this point I've run the gamut of "polite but firm" to "outright bitch" with no results. I just hope she loses interest soon.

November 06, 2012
Tell her to fuck off - does this girl even know you beyond casual acquaintance? Rapid-fire bingo-ers don't respond to subtlety.

----------
michaela

"A child will make two dishes at an entertainment for friends, and when the family dines alone, the fore or hind quarter will make a reasonable dish, and seasoned with a little pepper or salt, will be very good boiled on the fourth day, especially in winter." -Jonathan Swift, A Modest Proposal
November 06, 2012
michaela
Tell her to fuck off - does this girl even know you beyond casual acquaintance? Rapid-fire bingo-ers don't respond to subtlety.

Not really I don't know why she is so intent on me or how she even learned I was childfree but she is intent on not leaving me alone until I either cave to the lifescript or give her a "good convincing reason" that I should be "allowed" to be childfree, as if I need her permission. I have tried telling her to outright fuck off but so far it's a no go. I'm mostly just trying to avoid at this point.

November 06, 2012
Tell her that you can't have kids for medical reasons and that it's none of her business to ask you any further questions. I sometimes use the fake medical excuse when I just don't feel like dealing with persistant people. It usually shuts them the fuck up.

~~~~~~~~~~~
I miss my little feather baby.
November 06, 2012
When I'd use the 'medical excuse' I would first get those awful 'poor you' looks and the 'I'm so sorry's' and then I'd get the 'you could adopt' line. Nothing against adoption (I was adopted) but if I dont' want kids I dont' want kids. So, after using the 'medical excuse' and then getting the 'you could adopt' answer I had to just back out of the situation.
November 06, 2012
starvingauthor
michaela

Not really I don't know why she is so intent on me or how she even learned I was childfree but she is intent on not leaving me alone until I either cave to the lifescript or give her a "good convincing reason" that I should be "allowed" to be childfree, as if I need her permission. I have tried telling her to outright fuck off but so far it's a no go. I'm mostly just trying to avoid at this point.

Simply claim you will not become a mormon becasue your ancestors were some of the 120 Catholics massacred at Mountain Meadows during the Utah War in 1857, Then tell her her constant haranguing is becoming physically threatening to you. Then back away slowly not turning around till you hit a corner. Don't let her hear you LOLing as you escape down the hall.

Click here to login