I just found this amazing place and all I can say is that I don't even know you all and I love you. It feels like I've come home. Thank you thank you thank you for making this place exist.thumbs upwink
Hi, everyone! I'm another lurker coming out of the shadows.

I'm a 26 year old female living in the beer and cheese belt of the midwest. I've always been childfree, but I didn't even know there were communities for it until a few years ago, when an ex of mine introduced me to the concept. The only children I will ever have will be either fur- or scale-babies, and I currently have one furball, a kitty. My fiancee is extremely happy about this, since she doesn't really like or want sprogs either. Apart from that, I'm also a pretty big dork. I like reading, writing (I'm doing National Novel Writing Month), and games of all types (board, tabletop, video). I'm also in graduate school for library and info science, since my nerdy dream job is to be some type of librarian. I'm contemplating adding a history degree to that, so I can be even MORE of a dork.

Anyway, that's me in a nutshell. I'm going to go read some threads now. grinning smiley
Re: thumbs upup"Hurray I'm registered!"thumbs upup(use this thread to introduce yourself)
November 19, 2011
Hi all...I'm freshly registered. I'm kind of socially impaired so I'm not to great at introductions....but here goes:

I'm a 23 yr old (24 in less than two weeks) CFer and an Army wife. We've been married 5 yrs this coming january. We're stationed in Georgia which is still in the bible belt area (which I grew up in). I'm thankful that my mother and mother-in-law are supportive of our choice to never spawn any demons. Unfortunately my father is a misogynistic old man(still love him) and my father-in-law is just plain....retarded (and he totally creeps me out). I'm sure I will share a story about the FIL later on. Again I am grateful for my mother and MIL for their support but ontop of dad and my FIL AND my husband's grandmother I get asked the dreaded "why don't you have kids yet?" CONSTANTLY. Especially since he joined the army. Stupid breeder army wives can't mind their own freaking business. And they WONDER why i refuse to socialize with them. UGH

I'm also lucky though that my husband is very CF as well. We both cannot stand children. NOTHING about them is worthwhile. And all they would do is ruin my body my fragile mental state and my life. AND that's if I didn't kill myself during the pregnancy to get away from the disgusting parasite that would take over my uterus. So um.....that's about it I guess? Oh and I love kitties and puppies. I have 4 kitties and a puppy and a snake. Even the snakie is cuter than a crotchfruit.
Re: thumbs upup"Hurray I'm registered!"thumbs upup(use this thread to introduce yourself)
November 19, 2011
Snark Shark

and smarter!

""why don't you have kids yet?" "

"Because chyldren are ASSHOLES!"

o: Last time my FIL asked us when we were having some spawn I flat out laughed maniacally at him while my husband held on to me (i was shaking with rage) and hubby point blank told him NO not in a billion years.

This was after his father had tortured us with his new little bratling from the second wife. (I might mention that this man was a horrid father for my husband.) I pity that poor woman. She's just a young naive Thai girl that cowers around men and ONLY speaks if it's just me and her in the room. I really shall have to make a full account post of that last visit. It was just awful.
November 20, 2011
Snark Shark

:hs

another GEEZER BREEDER who just HAD to have another spawn!

at least that'll be an interesting story!

Oh it will be.

Keep in mind we HATE this little brat because he broke like three of our dishes because they wouldn't reign him in and I couldn't slap him myself (the whole time the FIL was ooing and aawing over his hellspawn and I was having to chase the little shit down and take things from him because OUR HOUSE IS NOT BABY PROOF nor should it have to be damnit!)D:< AND his father NEVER spent time with my husband as a kid. He was a promise breaking drunk. My own father was an abusive drunk and I still feel like I got the better deal! SO yes when I finish writing it up (probably by tomorrow since I have to go to bed soon for Skyward Swords release tomorrow.) it will be a VERY interesting story.
Just wanted to say hello. I am childfree and lovin it!
November 21, 2011
:1welcome. :newb !

lab mom
November 21, 2011
Snark Shark

is that a videogame? I keep hearing aobut something like that.

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.

Yup. New Zelda game on Wii. My arms are delightfully sore from sword fighting with the wiimote last night. The ingame fight mechanics are pretty awesome.
Hi! Very long time lurker, just got around to registering. I love the humor and intelligence on this site. I often read particularly funny or interesting posts to my also-CF husband and we get a laugh or good discussion out of it.
November 25, 2011
Snark Shark
quills
Snark Shark

is that a videogame? I keep hearing aobut something like that.

Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.

Yup. New Zelda game on Wii. My arms are delightfully sore from sword fighting with the wiimote last night. The ingame fight mechanics are pretty awesome.

sounds cool!

It is. I have other hobbies of course but I won't ever get too old for gaming.
Hi!

I've been lurking for a few months and finally got around to registering. I'm 24, happily living in sin and have never, ever, ever wanted to be a "moo"...had to get myself sterilized before my extended family would shut up about it. Viva la resistance!
vorpalbunny
Hi!

I've been lurking for a few months and finally got around to registering. I'm 24, happily living in sin and have never, ever, ever wanted to be a "moo"...had to get myself sterilized before my extended family would shut up about it. Viva la resistance!

:1welcome
we'll meet in hell devil with smile
Hello! I just wanted to pop in and introduce myself. My wife(26) and I(29) are childfree and loving every minute of it! I got snipped(Vasectomy) when I was 26 and I haven't regretted it for a second!

We just got back from spending 3 weeks in a house with 3 small children. 2 8yr old twins(boy & girl) and a 2 yr old girl. It was hell! I never want to live with anyone ever again because of it and I certainly dont want to spend any more time around children than absolutely necessary!

Anyway, rant over grinning smiley
December 03, 2011
:1welcome:swsmile rolling left rightsmile Big hello from San Antonio TX
Hi all. I'm another lurker who finally decided to sign-up. 31F happily childfree and have known it since I was about 12. I'm looking forward to joining in on some of these threads.

PS You guys have wicked smilies! thumbs upwink
Greetings all! I've been lurking for months reading the hilarious posts and finally decided to join.

SO happy to find a forum of sane people as I hear bingos wherever I go due to the fact that I come from a family of hardcore breeders (Example: one set of relatives kept having kids in hopes of getting a boy and ended up with daughter, daughter (they thought the next one would be a male so her name in Chinese is LITTLE SISTER), daughter and then finally twin boys. And they were already struggling with bills to begin with. UGH). Bad enough that whenever I get dragged to family gatherings there's 2-3 relatives with their new screeching bah-bee and everyone else is crooning and awwing over it like it's made of solid gold and when I'm indifferent I get told that I'm "being horrid." Add in a grandmother who likes to demand "WHEN AM I GETTING MY GREAT-GRANDBABIES? I WANT TO HOLD MY GREAT-GRANDCHILDREN IN MY ARMS BEFORE I DIEEEE!!!" every time I rarely visit her (for obvious reasons) and we have a female in her early 20s who is and ALWAYS will be childfree! :hello
Hello people! I've made a post before and decided to just go ahead and join. A little about me... I'm childfree, and I'm scared of the real world. Nice to meet you all and everything.
Hello chaps! Registered, yay! I found this place and decided I definitely had to join after reading a few of the posts and rants here. I'm twenty-three and am staunchly CF and the more I see children the more I dislike them and would never, ever want any children of any kind. They drive me bonkers. I can't stand their shrieking voices (we have some that scream outside our apartment complex and I want to beat them with my cane) and how gross they are (eww snot) and when I used to work at a pet store, I hated the way they'd bang on the bird cages and scare the poor critters and the way they are awful to animals and it makes me sad. One of my roommates is as CF as I am, and we both vent about our dislike of the little brats outside and the fact that there is SO MUCH BAD PARENTING ARGH everywhere we go.

Aaaaanyway. Hi everyone! Nice to find a place where people feel much the same as I do.

I do, however, love the hell out of my cats and snake because cats and snakes are adorable and awesome. And clean!
Long time lurker here. I figured that since I've been finding myself drawn into posting lately, I may as well sign up and do it properly smiling smiley

About me - I'm a 31 year old, recently laid off graphic designer, living with my fiance, two cats and two guinea pigs. And obviously, I'm childfree. The only childfree person in my insanely baby-rabid family - yay. Ah well, that's a rant for another time.
Hello!

Just registered. Been lurking for a few weeks and love going between getting in a good laugh and wanting to bang my head against the wall until I fall into peaceful oblivion from reading the posts here. I'm in my 30s and my SO in his 40s, and we are happily child--but not cat--free. I've been a teacher for over ten years and found this site while looking for a place to rant about the increasing craziness of parents. I have to say, reading the saneness of many of the posts here gives me hope for the world, especially after some of the parent interactions I've had lately. tongue sticking out smiley
December 13, 2011
Welcome to all the newbies and I love the avatar of the white cat.
Hello, fellow childfree! I was here before (same username), but I foolishly allowed my account to lapse... won't make that mistake again. (Something I wish parents of only children would say!) I'm a black nerdy introvert, who has had enough of closed-minded fools trying to breed a planet full of mindless dopes. At this point, I'd rather deal with people who think for themselves, and this is the place to be. Thank you for having me here.
December 14, 2011
A big welcome to you, notthemama. Love the name, BTW.:1welcome:meta:newb
Awww, thanks, satansbitch! Mr. T: I pitty tha foolhankyou I love your handle, too- I can also be an evil, cold bitch when the need arises, one of my favorite pasttimes! thumbs upwink

and I love the avatar of the white cat.

Thanks!smiling smiley He actually is a really sweet cat, but whenever we take pictures of him, he always ends up with this 'I tolerate no bullshit' look on his face.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login