Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Another parent wanting to join the party

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Re: Another parent wanting to join the party
December 16, 2010
That Kimiemoo thing probably drives a lot of cf away from TCFL She is one of my main reasons for not signing up over there .

It's not even just about her talking or not talking about her kyds.

I don't want to read about how awesomely accepting of the cf she is, or how special she is for accepting that others don't choose what she chose,or how most of her friends are cf because she's so kewl that she can even laugh at the term crotchfruit cos she's not like all those OTHER moomares . Seriously, who gives a shit ? Those things shouldn't even be issues on a cf board,IMO, because those are chiled issues.

Why doesn't she start a board for parents who are bored being parents and wish they were cf who spend their time trying to live vicariously through and be second rate imitations of people who still have happily unburdened lives?
December 16, 2010
Want to tell that Kimmie chick to fuck off?smiling smiley

I still wouldn't visit TCFL, especially when it's full of so-called "childfree" who are still baybee-rabid and WANT to titfeed, too!
December 16, 2010
Kimmie seems ingrained over there, and sadly, they have so many people that one or two chatty breeders aren't as noticeable as they would be here.
December 16, 2010
Miss_Hannigan
Kimmie seems ingrained over there, and sadly, they have so many people that one or two chatty breeders aren't as noticeable as they would be here.

Yeah, if they posted that bullshit on here, it would stand out like a turd in a swimming pool.

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
December 16, 2010

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I walk the path of life to my own rhythm, my own beat-if you don't like it, step off and find your own damn song!
December 16, 2010
I find that site to be the "let's all get along" site. It does not surprise me (or offend me) that a childed person is on there. It is the site to bring all people together so to speak. At least that is the feel I get. Integrating CF into "normal" society. She talks about the loaves, but it seems to be "thread" appropriate. If the threads were as they are here on that site, I doubt she would have much to add.
December 16, 2010
gnarler
Dear Kimmie - see all the people you've driven away from TCFL? Some of the best ones - like yurble and mumofsixbirds. I know you read this site too. Please GO AWAY. I assure you, the majority don't want you there but aren't free to say so.

blushing Thanks for the compliment. I had actually already ditched before Kimmie showed up, though, but I have no doubt her drivel would have done the trick if I'd still been there.
December 16, 2010
kbc
I find that site to be the "let's all get along" site. It does not surprise me (or offend me) that a childed person is on there. It is the site to bring all people together so to speak. At least that is the feel I get. Integrating CF into "normal" society. She talks about the loaves, but it seems to be "thread" appropriate. If the threads were as they are here on that site, I doubt she would have much to add.

That "everyone welcome" aspect of it didn't bother me when I was there, because I accepted that as the nature of the board, and anything which resembled a bingo was quickly identified and condemned. If the board was still like that, I'd probably still be there as well. However, when parents are blatantly posting about their childed status and telling stories directly related to their experience as parents, what distinguishes it as a CF board? Isn't it just like day-to-day life, where we all have to try to get along?
December 16, 2010
yurble
kbc

That "everyone welcome" aspect of it didn't bother me when I was there, because I accepted that as the nature of the board, and anything which resembled a bingo was quickly identified and condemned. If the board was still like that, I'd probably still be there as well. However, when parents are blatantly posting about their childed status and telling stories directly related to their experience as parents, what distinguishes it as a CF board? Isn't it just like day-to-day life, where we all have to try to get along?

The board came across to me as it WANTED to have all types of people - PNB, CF, childLESS, and fence sitters. It seemed as if it was Mr. Roger's Neighborhood for the acceptance of CF people in mainstream society. Why the hell a MAWM would want to be on that site is beyond me, but if she can take being slammed without doing the typical lowing and BINGOing, then I guess to each their own. Has anyone complained to the Admin or Mods?

I can say that I chose to come here, as that site seemed too Kumbia for me.
December 16, 2010
you meant "kum-ba-yah" when you said "kumbia", correct?

WE are like that here you know. can't you tell? Mr. T: I pitty tha fools

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
December 16, 2010
SlumSlut

Yes...LMFAO! I am so tired after the whore-crunch I dealt with today. I could not spell correctly if I wanted to!:biggrin2
Anonymous User
December 16, 2010
Childfree people are already 'integrated' into 'normal' (?!) society. I'm sure I'm not the only one with childed friends and relatives who I care about . I even like some of their kids. I love my nieces and nephews, most of whom are adults now, 2 of whom are still very young.

...The thing is, I don't want to upset them, so I usually curb rants and opinions. Why would I want to join a board that expects the same? That is NOT a cf board. It is an 'issues adults who may or may not have kids deal with' board. That, I can find anywhere. No, thanks.

I want to read funny and sometimes educational or insightful and helpful posts that I can relate to. I don't want to have to worry that I might be reproached for complaining about a group of people I know who spawned en masse and now won't stfu about their latest crop of yowling crotch potatos.
December 16, 2010
yurble
kbc

If moos keep invading a CF place to brag about their precious angels, titfeeding, and baybee shit, then it WILL turn into another Mooingdotcom with all the remaining "CF" happily converted into whining GD moos with their own spoiled brats, too!openmouthed shock
December 16, 2010
amy
Childfree people are already 'integrated' into 'normal' (?!) society. I'm sure I'm not the only one with childed friends and relatives who I care about . I even like some of their kids. I love my nieces and nephews, most of whom are adults now, 2 of whom are still very young.

...The thing is, I don't want to upset them, so I usually curb rants and opinions. Why would I want to join a board that expects the same? That is NOT a cf board. It is an 'issues adults who may or may not have kids deal with' board. That, I can find anywhere. No, thanks.

I want to read funny and sometimes educational or insightful and helpful posts that I can relate to. I don't want to have to worry that I might be reproached for complaining about a group of people I know who spawned en masse and now won't stfu about their latest crop of yowling crotch potatos.

I agree, which is why I do not post there. I feel the board is that way. It is not childfree. It is adults of differing opinions. Funny thing is that the so-called CF people are the worst ones on there! They start over half the breeder pleaser topics. I think there are far more childLESS people on there than we know about.
December 16, 2010
amy

I agree!thumbs upwink

We have no CHOICE but to be "integrated" into this childed society because we are such a minority group of people. ALL around us are childed, "trying" to conceive, childLESS who are relentless about wailing about their awful childless lot in life and go WAY overboard with the breeder pleasing to the point of nausea! EVERYBODY has kyds and those who don't WANT kyds or they are "suffering" from empty nest syndrome and drone on and on about wanting grandbrats and THEN we have the grandmoos to contend with on a daily basis. We do often love children who are in our lives and liking or loving particular children or even children in general, OR NOT, is SO not the issue! I wish that the average childed person(or childed wannabee) could get it through their thick skulls that childFREE isn't about hating your fucking kyds, is about not WANTING kids of our own or to be responsible for paying for YOURS or YOUR childed choices via tax credits, welfare, or the sheer inconvenience of having to put up with YOUR mistakes and shitty parenting.We don't NEED advice from childed people NOR do we want it. IMO.shrug

That's my attitude on it anyway.two cents

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
Anonymous User
December 16, 2010
Exactly, Kidlesskim. Many of us have a surplus of often unsolicited childed opinions in our day to day lives.We don't need them on a cf board.

.....Oh, and ,before I forget,in case you are lurking here, Fuck off, Kimmie!:yeah
IHateKimmie
December 16, 2010
amy
Exactly, Kidlesskim. Many of us have a surplus of often unsolicited childed opinions in our day to day lives.We don't need them on a cf board.

.....Oh, and ,before I forget,in case you are lurking here, Fuck off, Kimmie!:yeah

waving hellolarious

yes Kimmie dear, please to go your mommy boards and leave us CF alone. I sometimes post on TCFL and listening you "affirm" the CF posts is just nonsense. Nobody there cares about your kid and we're all just humoring you to avoid arguing with you. Here, we don't have to pick a fight. we can tell you what we really think because this is a truthful place. And the trugh is that many at TCFL do NOT like you at all.

Go away to mommy.com you will be happier there.
Anonymous User
December 16, 2010
I'm not surprised to see this thread, because I've also fairly recently stopped posting at TCFL, for all the reasons already mentioned here.

Kimmie really annoys me - she manages to mention that she's a moo almost every time she posts. And I was disappointed to find out that Stacey is a step-PARENT.

I like that there's a large membership, and although it's not right for this site, I like that there's a resource for fencesitters - after all, we always talk about how more people should be aware that not breeding is a choice and spend time researching the options, and they do a pretty good job of outlining the benefits of not having children to the fencesitters.
December 16, 2010
kbc
SlumSlut

Yes...LMFAO! I am so tired after the whore-crunch I dealt with today. I could not spell correctly if I wanted to!:biggrin2

Stress: it is when your mind overwhelms your body's need to choke the shit of some asshat who desperately deserves it.
Anonymous User
December 17, 2010
I'm a regular contributor to Childfree Life, and I think some of you guys are missing the point here.

One of the biggest complaints I see at childfree boards (including Bratfree) is the fact that breeders spit out one kid after another, and the damage to the environment this causes. The "keep ya legs together for the environment" mantra is one of the most frequent tropes that pops up here.

But this particular person - for whatever weird reason - WANTS some brats, so what does she do? Instead of adding another team of mini-carbon-footprints to the environment she adopts sprogs that are already born. Surely she deserves some kudos for that.

I've no idea why she posts at a childfree board - even one as non-militant as childfreelife (and I'm also bemused why the famous "Kimmie" does so) but if the mods accept her, surely that's their business. Personally, I exercise my right not to read such postings. I'm really not interested in throwing a tantrum over the fact that she's ALLOWED to post there! If she wants to exercise her freedom of speech by posting at a place where her opinions are against the mainstream - and has the mods' permission to do so - why shouldn't she? You can't tell me that no-one here has ever posted at a moo-board, just to give the doting parents a bit of a taste of the opposite view!

Banning the link from your sidebar seems to me a bit of a wank, frankly. A bit like the new reformed southern baptists not talking to the old reformed southern baptists, or the "Next Generation" fans turning up their noses at "Enterprise" fans, or something! Are there now so many childfree people in the world, and do we now have so much power and clout, that we can spare the energy to fight amongst ourselves. I don't think so.

As for me, you can call me a @#$%&, bastard, fuckwit, pinko, fascist, pervert, whatever you like and all you'll get from me is an amused smile. But say I'm not childfree - in the sense that Bratfree accepts the term - and I'll pull your ears off and stuff 'em up your ass. Chance alive, I loathe the not-nosed, screeching, gurgling, smelly, incontinent, waddling little bastards, I'd crawl over broken glass to avoid having any of my own, and when I see someone else's twat-droppings I'll cross a freeway during peak-hour to avoid them. I decided I never wanted the things before I could read, and I've never wavered since. And like a lot of people here AND at Childfree Life, I detest the way those of us who chose not to breed are discriminated against, bingoed, sneered at, reviled, and have our pockets regularly emptied to provide handouts to those who choose to breed.

But I really don't mind if someone who has adopted sprogs posts at a particular board. It's just a board. What WOULD be the tragedy is if a whole hoard of fence-sitters came here and went away with the idea that the childfree are just as brainwashed and bigoted as breeders.
December 17, 2010
Alan, the problem I have with Kimmie and that I think others have is that Kimmies talks down to people just like a lot of "moos" do. They think they are superior because they have the kids and say things that are unpleasant or in a demeaning way. So far, K%mmie has emphasized she adopted, she uses cloth diapers, she thinks people should not breed but no, she has the kids and she is doing the world a favor. Well, she is just like the Lu Moo I refer to when I had to work with one of these unpleasant women: She does not make the world a better place, she makes it a more crowded place. Do you really want that? Also, she does not have many other interests because its all about the kyds.
December 17, 2010
alan23
I've no idea why she posts at a childfree board - even one as non-militant as childfreelife (and I'm also bemused why the famous "Kimmie" does so) but if the mods accept her, surely that's their business. Personally, I exercise my right not to read such postings. I'm really not interested in throwing a tantrum over the fact that she's ALLOWED to post there! If she wants to exercise her freedom of speech by posting at a place where her opinions are against the mainstream - and has the mods' permission to do so - why shouldn't she? You can't tell me that no-one here has ever posted at a moo-board, just to give the doting parents a bit of a taste of the opposite view!

While I was at TCFL, I was content with it being a moderate board, and having a place for fencesitters. I recognized it as a different type of board than BF, and enjoyed some of the people and conversations there.

I just don't feel that it is the same place that it was 6 months ago. Then, bingos were immediately quashed. At the time that I left I felt that the discussion about whether parents should be allowed on the board had been mishandled. Stacey seemed to take it personally (perhaps because she is a stepparent) that some people were questioning whether parents had a place on the board, and felt that they had a stake in the outcome of the discussion, despite not being the owner of the board. In my opinion, her response was extremely heavy-handed--and I say this even though my own position in the debate was that TCFL was a moderate board and therefore there should not be a problem with parents posting there so long as they conformed to the CF culture of the board. At more or less the same time, a parent posted offering to give advice to fencesitters, and I said that I thought that was inappropriate content, as there are already a million places where parents can give their pro-reproductive advice to fencesitters. Fencesitters who ask questions on a CF board are, in my opinion, looking for a CF perspective. What is interesting is that the parent who had posted that understood my point, and we engaged in a perfectly polite private message exchange about how parents can best interact with the CF if they are genuinely curious about the CF. Other people also objected to that posting, and as a group we were chastised for "driving off" the parent. These two events left a bad taste in my mouth, and so I stopped logging in except to check for personal messages.

The threads that people have linked to recently demonstrate to me that the board is now host to many activities that just don't strike me as being CF activities. For instance, I do think it is better if someone adopts rather than gives birth to another child the world doesn't need, but I don't think that person should (a) be showered with praise, and (b) be allowed to say things like "I was previously CF, until..." without being corrected on the definition of CF, (c) be allowed to bingo "It's different when..." without having the bingo recognized and called for what it is, or (d) not be told to cool down when aspects of being childed are mentioned in nearly every post.

This is not to say that the board doesn't have a purpose. It might be a place for the CF, childless, childed, and fencesitters to come together and explore their commonalities in a polite way, but to call it a CF refuge from a child-crazed world is simply misleading, given the current focus of the board. It's not a safe refuge if the childed are allowed to bingo with impunity--it's just not.

alan23
But I really don't mind if someone who has adopted sprogs posts at a particular board. It's just a board. What WOULD be the tragedy is if a whole hoard of fence-sitters came here and went away with the idea that the childfree are just as brainwashed and bigoted as breeders.

And wouldn't it be a tragedy if a whole bunch of CF people who disliked children went to TCFL looking for a refuge from a child-centric world and came to the conclusion that there are no like-minded people and all CF hold exactly the same views as the brainwashed and bigoted breeders?
December 17, 2010
Alan, if you have been on bratfree at any time since recorded history began, you would know that we don't have a "mission" or an "agenda" to prove to the rest of the world that we are "not as bad as the breeders say we are".

And TCFL was not "banned" from the side-bar. It was taken out and replaced with Selfish Heathens. Your use of the word "banned" in that context is what I would call "wank".

One function of bratfree is that it provides a place where we can razz on stuff we see all over the internet INSTEAD OF TROLLING ON OTHER SITES. WE are not interested in lectures about how we should stop ranting and razzing and use that energy for "positive" things. That is not what this is all about.

Sorry, right now I don't have the energy to respond in a fully effective manner. I just had a hysterectomy the other day and I'm using an ipod (I should put that in my signature, lol).

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
December 17, 2010
SlumSlut
. I just had a hysterectomy the other day and I'm using an ipod (I should put that in my signature, lol).

Thank yousmile rolling left rightsmile:yeah
December 17, 2010
I see CF boards as a refuge from every day life. The only person I can be truly upfront about with my feelings about childrens is my BF. Even he is shocked with what I come out with sometimes. My most extreme viewpoints make him give me this look I don't like. I am not good at communicating my true feelings face to face, my verbal skills aren't that great, and when I express my dislike of kids people take it entirely the wrong way because of my shit communication skills. Places like this are a refuge where I can rant without people judging me negatively for it. If I ranted like this in the real world I'd be ostracised. Here I can say what I want and I know people will understand that I do not wish children any harm, that in fact I want the ones that are here to have the best of lives and the best of upbringings so they can become happy and productive adults. Most of my ire is directed at the parents. That's pretty much my reason for going on to a CF board in the first place and I don't need some mommy fuckwit, PNB or not, rudely affirming my lifestyle choice and yet bringing her kids up at every turn. I don't give a fuck what she thinks, I come on to CF boards to AVOID people like her.

That's just my two cents, I won't post at TCFL again after getting told off for using the word moo (and I wasn't calling all mothers moos) and someone complained. I bet it was a mother or a fucking fence sitter or breeder pleaser. That would never fucking happen here. I'm not getting told off like a naughty child in one of the few places I feel like I can share my true feelings. Fuck TCFL, and the breeder-pleaser land it came from.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login