Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Breakingmom Tales: Or A Collection of Stupidity & Dumb Choices

Posted by twocents 
Re: Breakingmom Tales: Or A Collection of Stupidity & Dumb Choices
July 21, 2021
Moo is butt-hurt because all her cat adoption applications were rejected since she has sprogs. Honestly, I say good on the shelters for being picky about the people they adopt to - breeders are often terrible pet owners. Though I don't know why Moo is adopting a cat when you can find damn near anyone giving away cats for free? Shit, when I was a kid, I could just walk down my street and find a cat to take home by the time I did a lap around the block. Every single cat I ever owned was either a stray or the offspring of a stray.

The shelters have probably had issues with breeders buying animals and then bringing them right back because they were mean to the kids (translation: the kids were cruel/abusive/rough with them and the animals defended themselves) or because of a new babby, so now they're going to be leery of adopting animals to other breeders because there's a good chance the pets in question will be returned like defective merchandise.

Maybe it's unfair and maybe this Moo is one of the very rare exceptions who actually teaches her bastards how to properly handle pets. But if a shelter is discriminating on the basis of family size, it's probably because they've had rampant problems with adoptive breeders in the past. I'd wager a lot of people who adopted pets during lockdown to not be lonely or to amuse their brats are hauling them back to the shelters in droves because they realized having pets takes work and money.

Plus, Moo speecifically wants a kitten. Someone with kids who wants a kitten is probably a big red flag to a shelter because I guarantee it looks like she wants to adopt a cute little kitty for her kids to coo over. Then when when it becomes an adult (and "less cute" to them), she'll return it with a host of behavioral problems caused directly by brat manhandling that will need to be fixed before it can be adopted again.

https://old.reddit.com/r/breakingmom/comments/oobkhy/rejected_again_for_having_kids_now_i_cant_even/

I have been so excited that after months of careful consideration, we are going to adopt a kitten. But I have gone from feeling excited to really depressed - All my applications to adopt a kitten have been rejected because we have kids.

Background: my mum bred cats. I grew up on farms. I've had pets (cats, dogs, lizards, rats, aquariums, chickens, rabbits, a miniature horse....) my whole life. I have a Cert. Animal Care and was studying towards vet nursing till my disability took that dream away. I've rehabilitated cats, had very timid cats, had cats with special needs.... I know my shit.

Pets help so much with my mental health and we get to provide them a loving, safe, responsible home.

But apparently I shouldn't adopt because... kids. My kids have never not had at least one cat. And, I dunno, I also fucking know how to introduce even timid cats to kids having had exerperience with that. I'm also only looking at adoptees I know will be fine with kids.

My experience, that we provide the best possible food and care, that we are super responsible, that I have oodles of experience with rescues, that I have always had a weird 'sense' and natural rapport with other animals... none of that matters. Cause OH NO, YOU HAVE KIDS.

This is breaking my heart and stressing me out. Many of these fosters are incredibly difficult to contact. It's a kick in the gut putting time and effort into trying to contact someone and then, KIIIIDSSSS. I'm trying to do the right thing here buy adopting a rescue. There are so many dodgy sellers and I don't want to support them with my money.

Someone I know who can barely afford to feed themselves, let alone pets, and is away from home for most of the day had zero issues adopting a cat. Guess what, no kids.

It's even worse on top of all the other discrimination I have had to deal with because it seems like society is becoming increasingly intolerant of children.

Hell in a hand basket, I just want to give a kitty a great home and have a little cuddle bundle.
July 21, 2021
I volunteer with a shelter. We don’t automatically reject applicants with young children, but we don’t give baby kittens to applicants with young children, either. I’m guessing that the problem isn’t the presence of the children in the home, but rather the age of the cat that this moo is insisting on.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
July 23, 2021
If that's the case with this Moo, I wonder if any of the shelters would level with her about the reason behind the rejections. I understand the shelters' reasoning entirely, but I think potential adoptees deserve to know why they're rejected too, unless they think telling people the truth would make them re-apply and lie about whatever disqualified them from adoption to get applications accepted?

But why does it have to be a kitten? If she wants to give a cat a home, why can't it be an adult cat? It might not be as playful as a kitten, but that doesn't mean it won't still be a good pet. Plus an adult cat is less likely to get injured by brats who play too rough with it.
July 23, 2021
I looked at cats a few months ago and the guidelines are posted online. Some pets need to be adopted with a sibling, some need to be in a home with no other pets and some need to be around no other pets or children. The shelter observes cat behavior and their history to make these decisions. No reason for moo to get butt-hurt about it. If she had any friends she could adopt a kitten from one of them (or from someone they know) and she would know it wasn't a dodgy seller.
July 28, 2021
More pussified useless discipline. This is more about a comment than the thread itself, but the author says she said something smart to her kid and he didn't like it and he responded by slapping her. He also seems to feel that if Moo didn't give him his own way yesterday or last week or whenever, he is justified in acting like a shit. Sounds like he's turning into quite a toxic little fucker.

https://old.reddit.com/r/breakingmom/comments/ot0184/my_kid_slapped_me/

Very first comment (bold for emphasis):
Derp derp
You don't have to come up with consequences now. I think it is fair to say, "What you did is significant and totally inappropriate. I am very upset. We will talk tomorrow evening about the consequences of this behavior because I am too upset to decide right now". That might buy you time to cool down, be thoughtful about how you want to approach this and give you time to discuss with whomever you need to to reach a policy that feels like it fairly responds to this situation.

First of all, YES YOU DO have to come up with consequences right now because discipline has to be swift. If you delay discipline, it won't have the desired effect on the problematic behavior. If your cat misbehaved yesterday, you wouldn't spray it with water today because that's pointless (I know many folks don't agree with this as a form of punishment for cats, I'm just using it as an example).

Second of all, what seven-year-old is going to pay attention to or care about that line of bullshit about significant inappropriate behavior and how there will be a discussion tomorrow? You know what that says to the brat? You just got away with hitting your mom. By the time tomorrow rolls around, this little wanker is going to deny doing anything wrong and any punishment will be totally useless. Odds are he's going to see himself as the victim and Moo as the meanie head and he'll use this against her to justify further bad behavior.

Here's another ineffective nugget of advice:
Moron
anyhoo, it sounds like your kid is taking to the idea of scorekeeping: "x thing didn't happen the way i wanted it to, so now i get to do y thing", so maybe you can try to frame it like "every day, we get a fresh start. you can decide if you want to make this a good day or a bad day, with your own words and actions" ...maybe a little taste of power will help?

Do these people really think a kid gives a fuck if they have a good day or a bad day? For a kid, getting their own way by any means is a good day, so if they think this kind of speech is going to stop bad behavior, they are sorely mistaken.

Spanking would be most effective because it's fast and makes a big point in a big hurry. But if these people don't want to smack their asshole children when they act up, they need to do something. Take away privileges, take away their devices/video games/favorite toys, etc. The only bad thing about this method is if the kid is a particularly persistent shit, they might wind up losing everything and still misbehave. By that point, they have nothing left to lose and therefore have no reason to listen.

Moo better get that shit under control unless she wants her brat to still be slapping her around in puberty.
July 28, 2021
JFC. These kids are hitting their Moos and these dumb broads are telling them it’s OK to think about punishing them the next day? Way to raise a future beater.

Discipline does not have to be well thought out. Just do something you ineffectual Moos.
July 29, 2021
Amazing how it's just dandy for her kid to hit her, but I guarantee if it was a grown man doing it, they'd all be spitting fire. It doesn't matter if the kid didn't cause any injury or harm (according to Moo), it's the principle of the thing. By neglecting to respond to abusive behavior immediately, she is teaching her child that it's acceptable for him to hit her. Eventually, he'll decide that it's acceptable to hit whomever he pleases.

I know what the bleating heifers will say: "Durr hurr you can't teach a child to not hit by hitting them!" Bullshit, there is no better way to handle a slappy brat than by hitting them back. It will show them exactly how being hit feels, and if you hit them every time they hit you, they'll knock that shit off. It's a punishment and a learning experience at the same time. Obvioulsly there's no need to beat the fucker to a pulp, but a few light slams should get the point across.
July 29, 2021
When Moos bitch in their mommy groups about how haaaard they have it, you're not supposed to give advice or tell her what she's doing wrong - you just need to shut up and help her out for free!

Maybe they could just, you know, not share such things in groups where people are known to be bitchy and hostile? Stop fanning the flames with complaints? Some breeders in the comments wax poetic about times past when several generations lived in the same house so someone could always mind the sproggen while Mommy fucks off for a while. Yeah, I'm sure this would be the perfect arrangement and there would be absolutely no drama and fighting over parenting methods, diets, personality clashes, etc. bemused eye roll

The village owes you nothing, Moos. You chose to make a whole new person and it's entirely your job to figure out how to deal with it. Everyone's got their own shit to deal with that may or may not have been voluntary. People cannot be expected to be sympathetic to someone whose life is shit because of a totally optional life choice.

https://old.reddit.com/r/breakingmom/comments/ot2wru/the_entire_system_that_parenting_exists_in_can_go/

We were never supposed to be isolated while taking care of kids. I am a psych nerd so I keep hearing this in the social circles I'm in.

There is so much pressure on moms. I posted last week in a mom group that i was overwhelmed. A lot of support came in the comments but also a lot of people suggesting I was doing things wrong. I get that they're trying to help and that they are right. But maybe don't tell me I'm not parenting right and you'd never let this happen in your house when I'm overwhelmed? Maybe instead you could physically help me? Or meet me at the park so I can get out of my house?

I have half the world telling me I'm too soft on my kid and half the world telling me I'm too harsh. Fuck all the advice giving and if you have so much input, help me raise the kid. When I have enough space to breathe then i might actually have capacity to take the advice.
It's amazing the things that we don't choose to happen to us, we're expected to handle it on our own. But intentionally create a whole new human and the world is expected to drop everything to help and pay.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan

"If you are the light of the world you will be seen. If you have to proclaim it you are not very well lit."
- Thom_C
July 29, 2021
This one is just plain sad. She's married to an abuser and has two girls. The oldest one is "on the spectrum" of course, likely just a brat. This guy grabs her tits and ass right in front of her kids and basically rapes her whenever he feels like it. She told him to stop it and he said, you're my wife, I can touch you whenever I want. (Sounds like a real prince, right?)

After one kid she had an affair and left him and moved home with her parents, and her mom, despite knowing about the abuse, told her to go back to him and conspired with her husband behind her back to give him custody. It sounds like she should have left them all, but of course she got back together with the loser and had baybee #2 and is miserable. Since she went back, he became more aggressive with the sexual demands. Of course, she cannot make it on her own financially and she cannot afford to leave him.

She wrote a whiny post about how people blame the victim in situations like this and how she's a reasonably smart person and she was brainwashed by her upbringing to accept shitty treatment. I get what she's saying to a point, but on the other hand, it's too bad she couldn't have stayed out when she left the first time and she only had one kid. She's really fucked now.

https://www.reddit.com/r/breakingmom/comments/o4lr3h/told_my_husband_last_night_that_i_feel_he_has/

I have more details in a previous post, but basically my husband and I split up in 2018. We got back together and ever since then he has been much more sexually aggressive. Before the split it was basically a dead bedroom. He never wanted sex. I was rejected constantly.

When we got back together, he wanted it much more. And when he wanted it, he wanted it right then. There were numerous times he’d get on top of me and start kissing me and I’d be saying I’m not ready yet, maybe later, and he’d keep going until I’d just give in

There was one particular time that was the worst. I was about to get in the shower and needed his help with something so he came in the bathroom. I had a towel on. He started kissing me and touching me even though I kept saying no. And all variations of it. I said no, not yet, we can later, stop it, all the while he kept touching me and eventually fingering me until I just gave in. He had sex with me, finished in a minute, laughed and pat me on the shoulder and said he’d make me a drink and left so I could have my shower.

I felt sick after. Numb. But convinced myself it was nothing. I didn’t push him away. I didn’t say “no” sternly enough. I eventually stopped protesting. But every time after that that he would try something with me, I’d feel panicky.

I finally admitted to myself that what he did wasn’t okay. And I’ve been grappling with it ever since.

He also constantly grabs my ass and boobs at random times even when I’ve told him not to. He’ll jokingly say “you’re my wife, I can touch you if I want”

On Friday night he grabbed my ass and nipples with our kids in the room, because I wasn’t wearing a bra. My therapist has been saying I should talk to him about everything. I decided it’s time.

Last night I got the nerve to tell him I feel he has sexually assaulted me. He shut down, said he’s sorry and he didn’t feel like it was bad at the time. Then he stopped the conversation and went to bed.

He will not talk to me today. Won’t even look at me. Literally. I get quiet icy replies. I asked if he’s just not going to talk to me all day and got a passive aggressive “yup” as he stood up to walk away. I sent him a message outlining my feelings and he hasn’t even read it. All he’s said is he has a lot to think about and he’s mad I ruined his Father’s Day. And that he’s sad. And he wants me to leave him alone.

I know my timing was shitty and I apologized for that. He’s making me feel crazy and like I shouldn’t have said anything. I’m questioning myself now and am full of anxiety. There’s a palpable angry tension from him and I can’t handle it.

I’m not sure what I’m even posting for. I guess just for commiseration and advice

UPDATE

He came downstairs finally and said “you said that I sexually abused you, right?” I said yes. Then he got angry and said we need to see a couples therapist then. I asked if he was going to ignore me until we see one and he said “yup, I am!” Quite angrily and stormed into the other room. A while later he replied to my message with this and I honestly don’t know what to think. It’s like emotional whiplash

#2 is an oopsie. She has a two year old brat that she's "comfort nursing," whatever the Hell that is.

Her husband has expressed that he only wants one kid. However, like normal Breeders neither one of them was using protection. (She admits later in the thread that they were "pulling out" and "fertility awareness," which to me sounds like "I wanna baybee so I'll make sure we have sex during my fertile times."

Did it ever occur to this guy to wrap it up? Or have a conversation with his wife to ask what kind of birth control she was using?

I have ZERO sympathy for anyone WHEN THEY CANNOT BE BOTHERED TO USE BIRTH CONTROL. Jezus, Breeders are dumb.

I think I may be pregnasty and I'm freaking out

I just need to share in order not to implode.

I have a 2 yr old boy. He still nurses to sleep and for comfort 2-4 times a day. Nursing was a bit painful but I didn't think much of it because my period returned June 2021 and during ovulation and perhaps PMS nursing was a bit uncomfortable. But this time the uncomfortable feeling didn't go away. At the same time my period didn't start. It's been 11 days late. So I took a test last night and another one today at noon. It was positive both times but the second line was really thin. But it's there. Definitely, thin or not. Now, I've always imagined I'd be a mom of 2. I had serious baby fever for months. My husband however claims to be one and done and this is actually what scares me.

Am I really pregnant with this thin second line? (I'll do a third test tomorrow and book an OBGYN appointment for next week) - yep, I have a plan in place but I'm not very patient

I'm worried how my husband will react. He was pretty set on one and done. But I do not want to terminate the pregnancy. So are my only options a) divorce husband's and raise two babies by myself and b) stay and have an unhappy resentful dad?

I'm really on the emotional rollercoaster because I know I want another baby. I never thought our family was complete as is. Always felt like someone else will be joining us soon. Plus, I kind of like being a mom right now. Yes, it's tough, I lose my shit sometimes. I miss sleep. But I do like motherhood. I really worry about my husband OAD attitude and I don't know what, how and when to tell him. Scared of his reaction, scared of the future. Also a bit wondering if I can do two kids. Am I cut out for it...

Sorry for the rambling. I just really needed to share how I feel. Thank you to everyone who read this far.

Tldr: two positive pregnancy tests, already have a toddler and worried hubby claims to be one and done.
July 29, 2021
At least this last one isn’t living in the “he’ll love it when it gets here” fantasy world, but I blame him for not wrapping it up if he was so set on one and done.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
Waaaaaaah, someone else tried to discipline my kid cause I won't do it, waaaaaaah. Obviously there's something wrong with THEM, not ME. This is another one who likes to apply labels to make excuses for bad behavior. It's also a fucking novel.

So about a month ago SO, LO and I were visiting the inlaws about 4 hours away. We've visited at least a few times a year for the last 15 years (they never visit us anymore and we've made peace with that.) This was the first time in over a year, due to the pandemic.

On the first full day, I noticed my FIL teasing my LO about his weight when he was helping himself to a snack (LO's big and tall for his age, and has gained weight during the pandemic, but is active and generally healthy). I was too taken aback to intervene in the moment. FIL used to verbally abuse his kids and wife, and SO's sister and mother have struggled with eating disorders over the years (not 100% sure those are related, but teasing someone about their weight is never acceptable IMHO).

On our second of three full days there, as dinner was winding down, our ADHD kid notices his cousins playing outside and stands up to get a better view of what they are doing, clearly wanting to go play. Out of the blue, FIL yells at him to sit down and finish eating even though LO is clearly not hungry and has eaten is veggies and the adults are done.

When the rest of us try to gently remind him that SO and I are handling it, he yells we aren't handling it and "someone has to discipline the child since he's obviously not getting disciplined enough at home" and "my house, my rules". SO responded saying the yelling and discipline talk were making us uncomfortable, to the point of not wanting to return, and FIL said "well, so be it!" FIL was willing to never see us again because our ADHD kid was fidgety and eager to see his beloved cousins. It was a big horrible fight.

Eventually, FIL apologized mumbling something about how he hadn't had the best day. He's retired and does whatever he pleases, which is mainly work on his hobbies.

I am 100% sure after years of research and my own diagnoses that my FIL is autistic, and suspect that this was an autistic meltdown. I'm neurodivergent (both ADHD and ASD) and it is honestly so good to consider his always-bemusing behaviour over the years through an autistic lens; Everything suddenly makes sense and it's a lot easier to be compassionate and patient when we're visiting. But even if it was a meltdown, what he said cut deep, you know? And it freaked me out to see such aggressive behaviour leveled at a child.

Anyway, now he's barely speaking to us. The next day he pretended like nothing had happened.

We can't afford to take vacations and these summer trips to the shore at the grandparents' have been the whole of our family vacations for more than a decade now.

But now I can't stop feeling unwelcome and I don't know how to "read between the lines" of this suppression-and-outburst style of communication. We're heading back tomorrow but it's making me sick with anxiety about making the wrong move or saying the wrong thing or being blamed for my LO's typical behaviour for a 10 y/o, let alone one with ADHD. I'm not great at reading non-verbal social cues and it seems like that's how the entire family operates. My SO is also mystified and often can't intervene because these outbursts make him have flashbacks to the verbal abuse his father laid on him growing up and he goes into fight-or-flight.

I'd love some insight into how to manage my own anxiety or tips on how to do anything other than go into deer-in-the-headlights dissociation when conflict arises. I feel like I'm failing my son when I don't stand up to FIL, but failing my MIL and our family ties if we distance ourselves anymore than we already have.

https://old.reddit.com/r/breakingmom/comments/otwqrh/my_house_my_rules_disciplinarian_fil_yelling_at/
July 29, 2021
bell_flower
#2 is an oopsie. She has a two year old brat that she's "comfort nursing," whatever the Hell that is.

I'm sad to say I know what this is. Comfort nursing is when Moo is no longer producing milk (or not producing a sufficient amount), but lets her child suck her tits anyway because the act of nursing without getting any actual nutrition out of it is a source of comfort for the child.

It's a shame they don't make nipple-shaped things for kids to suck on to comfort themselves. That's gonna be big if someone thinks of it. bemused eye roll

As far as the Moo who doesn't like her father-in-law disciplining her kid, isn't it funny how it's okay for her brat to be a little sperglord, but it's not okay for her FIL to be autistic? Why are Moos now always so eager to immediately jump to the conclusion that any abnormal behavior is due to autism? Sometimes, people of any age can just be angry, weird, loud, violent or generally messed up without an underlying mental illness. I don't know what was said during this so-called big horrible fight, but it sounds like the FIL is probably authoritarian, but I don't know if I'd call his behavior abusive. I'd wager Moo here probably thinks anyone who says or does anything she doesn't like must be abusive because she's overly sensitive.

Everyone in the comments is calling FIL "abusive." Really? Telling the tard to sit back down is abusive? What a bunch of pussies these people are. Also, if Moo has a problem with the way the guy runs his own home, then can't she just not visit there anymore? Or am I giving the intellectual capabilities of the average asspie breeder too much credit (Moo calls herself "neurodivergent" - another new bullshit word for autistic)? She's apparently very learned in autism from personal research and feels qualified to make a diagnosis to explain her FIL's behavior.

Time for Moo and Duh to decide: either let their tard get bitched at so they can keep going on vacations, or give up vacations to protect Tardo's fee-fees.
July 29, 2021
I usually don't go over to BM--just read what's here---but today I spent some time browsing and I learned a couple of things.

1. 90% of the posters are miserable with motherhood. If only more women read this and took notice prior to getting pregnant.

There is a woman over there right now who is 25, pregnant, broke, not with the kid's father and she's tentatively asking about abortion. Amazingly, someone waded in and shared that she has a supportive husband, family and money and becoming a mother still ruined her life basically. Let's hope this young woman ditches any guilt and makes the sane decision and doesn't tank her life because she feels too guilty. (And let's hope she uses birth control more effectively next time.)

2. Many are miserable with partners but they cannot afford to leave or get divorced. A woman posted that she has a 12 year old kid with her ex husband and they have been separated for over a decade but they do not intend to file for divorce because she says they cannot afford it and 1. if they split the kid 50/50 time-wise, someone would have to pay chyld support to the other and 2. as part of the divorce decree, someone would have to buy the kid health insurance through a private employer, and she says that's too expensive. So they are not going to get divorced until the kid is 18.

Her kid must have a fun life. Should you be providing your kid with medical and dental care?

This particular Moo concludes that divorce is for "white collar people." HOWEVER, she's moved on with a Common Law Husband and has whelped TWO MORE KIDS and is gestating her FOURTH kid and #3 with NextGuy.

Jeez, I thought having four kids was for rich people.

Oh, here's one who insists her kid is the Sweetest Little Boy Evar, but she invited 50 kids to come to his birthday party and only got three "maybes." Methinks someone has a huge blind spot and there is more to this story for sure.

Bromos, my little guy is the best kid I could ask for. Honestly. He has a speech delay but the last week or so he’s been trying SO HARD. We’ve had 3 new words a day! He’s so kind and loving, there’s not a nasty bone in this kids body.

He walks along a road and will find the one wild flower in a pavement crack, stop and smell it then pick it to give to me with a smile on his face. He tried a lollipop for the first time yesterday and his first thought was that he wanted to share it with me. He is always full of hugs and tells me he loves me with sign language. He’s a good kid.

That’s why it broke my heart.

There are 50 kids in his nursery, I invited everyone. Out of 50, 3 said they might come. Might. Another parent invited everyone to her sons a few days ago and nearly everyone replied instantly, most could attend but those that couldn’t still replied and thanked for the invite. We got nothing.

Why?
July 30, 2021
Yeahhhh, kids are usually all for going to any event where they can feed their faces with cake and ice cream (most adults too), so the fact that this kid got three maybes out of a class of 50 leads me to believe Junior isn't as sweet and precious as Moo makes him out to be.

Or, if all the Moos who send their brats to this daycare are as broke as the average Moo, maybe they don't have it in the budget to buy presents for someone else's sprog a few days after buying presents for another kid? Or maybe the author hasn't sent her brat to any birthday parties with tribute, so the other breeders won't reciprocate?

I just feel like some important plot points are missing here because most kids are thrilled to go to birthday parties. Or hell, maybe all the other kids are just dicks after all!
Missing information for sure. It sounds like he's young enough that the social scene isn't too complex and kids define a friend as "he plays with me" or "we both like Batman". No real social soap operas. So maybe he's mean, or just super weird. Or maybe Mom picked out an expensive bday party activity and left parents of attending kids on the hook for the cost (laser tag, some other spendy game). Maybe other kids are dicks...but not all 50 of them. 47 "no" and 3 "maybes" speaks volumes. Whatever the reason, her kid's likely not a social success. Truth hurts.
well, it sounds like he is basically non-verbal, so I assume other kids are put off seriously.
I understand the quest for inclusivity, but people have to realize the real world is not a closed environment like school. Somebody at the office is having a party, they can invite everybody but one person and there's no running to HR to demand that everybody gets an invite. Once you reach adulthood, you get to choose who is around you and what parameters and boundaries you set.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan

"If you are the light of the world you will be seen. If you have to proclaim it you are not very well lit."
- Thom_C
August 01, 2021
and Toraneko?? I love that post up there with all those people with mental conditions and this cow is sitting there with kids who had mental conditions.. Nice bitch to spread the genes around. they all have to worship their gonads.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
August 01, 2021
reeniebessagain
well, it sounds like he is basically non-verbal, so I assume other kids are put off seriously.

Moo needs to get a clue, very young kids are not capable of acting like adults.
Stop expecting it and save herself lots of misery. Do not make a big thing out of it because her son is noticing this.

She needs to learn to set up her son's expectations so he isn't getting his heart broken. If kids are willing to play with him in their free time then they will likely attend the party. Have any of the kids from this nursery school played with him at his or their house? It isn't as if parties at the age of 3 or 4 are to be expected, keep it in the family or limit it to neighborhood kids (if he plays with any neighborhood kids). Once he becomes more verbal (more like the other kids) and he receives birthday party invites then it is time for him to send out birthday party invites.

I doubt most younger grade school kids would feel comfortable around her son and that age is much more mature than a 3 or 4 year old is. I don't know why she expects little 3 or 4 year olds to understand non-verbal children and to want to interact with them. Are they all supposed to learn sign language to make him feel comfortable? Hell, at that age most can't even process sharing, let alone having empathy towards the fact that a kid in their class has a delay.

I don't understand why parunts are so preoccupied about their kids fitting in. They either will or won't and while a certain amount of behavior can be taught or normalized (making sure the kid is potty-trained before going to school and learning how to get along with others) beyond that the mix of all those personality types in school is a crap shoot.
August 03, 2021
First of all, this is gross. Second, it seems that moo still hasn't figured out where brats come from, yet she thinks it's the guy who's immature. Interestingly enough, a fair number of responders admit to cheating on their husbands.

Currently 11 weeks postpartum & my wayward partner wants to "do anything" to make this work. To be fair, we did have a crazy start.... essentially fuck buddies/best friends who got pregnant unexpectedly. He kissed 2 women AFTER our baby was born, & fucked one of them. On mothers day. When our baby was 4 days old. SO. I'm having essentially a mental breakdown. I'd appreciate any stories involving trying to survive infidelity, even if you weren't successful. I don't want to raise this baby alone, & he treats my other kiddos & I so well... We get along great aside from him acting like a horny teenager who can't keep his dick in his pants. He's 51,I'm 35. He's the most immature guy I've dated probably bc he is a spoiled momma's boy, but I could deal w the immaturity bc he's also funny as hell. I love his daughter as well... We met through our oldest daughters actually. IDK what to do. Help sad smiley

https://old.reddit.com/r/breakingmom/comments/owthhs/have_any_of_you_bromos_had_a_relationship_survive/
August 03, 2021
toraneko
First of all, this is gross. Second, it seems that moo still hasn't figured out where brats come from, yet she thinks it's the guy who's immature. Interestingly enough, a fair number of responders admit to cheating on their husbands.

Currently 11 weeks postpartum & my wayward partner wants to "do anything" to make this work. To be fair, we did have a crazy start.... essentially fuck buddies/best friends who got pregnant unexpectedly. He kissed 2 women AFTER our baby was born, & fucked one of them. On mothers day. When our baby was 4 days old. SO. I'm having essentially a mental breakdown. I'd appreciate any stories involving trying to survive infidelity, even if you weren't successful. I don't want to raise this baby alone, & he treats my other kiddos & I so well... We get along great aside from him acting like a horny teenager who can't keep his dick in his pants. He's 51,I'm 35. He's the most immature guy I've dated probably bc he is a spoiled momma's boy, but I could deal w the immaturity bc he's also funny as hell. I love his daughter as well... We met through our oldest daughters actually. IDK what to do. Help sad smiley

https://old.reddit.com/r/breakingmom/comments/owthhs/have_any_of_you_bromos_had_a_relationship_survive/

This is a very promising relationship. The age difference (if it is 15+ years in age difference it is likely to be a problem because you'll never be on the same page IRT life stages), the infidelity, him behaving like a horny teenager, the unexpected pregnancy, a spoiled mama's boy....bbbbut his (apparently only) redeeming qualities are he is funny and it is better to have him around than to raise the baybee alone! A pet can have these redeeming qualities without the drama. Oh, and he treats her kids well. Where are the father(s) of these kids? Considering the considerable age gap in their relationship if I were her I'd keep an eye on him. He may like 'em really young! She seems to LOVE drama, so she won't leave him until someone else can give her the drama she craves.

What on earth was she thinking having a kid with this man-baby? Ever heard of the permanent friend-zone honey? That is where you put men with issues. Funny doesn't make for good duh material. Watch a comedy! Her other kids can keep her company. Or, make a friend or buy one of those real dolls.
August 04, 2021
Yet another "the problem is YOU, not ME" post. It's not until the end of this long winded diatribe that we get to the root of the problem. Barking dogs, loud music and tard yelling surely wouldn't annoy anyone. It's their fault for being assholes. And good for the neighbor for letting her know what an asshole she is. If she's annoying a litter of brats under 10, it must be pretty bad. That's some impressive mental gymnastics to rationalize why they are annoyed. And OF COURSE she's sponging off parents after splitting from brat's dad.

Amazingly, some of the responses are calling her out.

Some BS context: My son and I moved in with my parents after my ex and I split and a few months before covid was a thing. My son is special needs. Between his delays and my crippling social anxiety, neither of us get out a lot. But, my parents have a HUGE backyard, and last year we were able to just really go ham back there. Nothing crazy or loud (again, just me, him, and my disabled mother), but we were ALWAYS outside, as I was unemployed at the time. Now that I am working and he's with his dad every other weekend, we aren't out there as much as we would like to be. But, I bought him a new playset to make up for it.

My problem is our neighbors. This hasn't happened in front of me yet, but the past couple of times my mother has been outside watering or whatnot she has overheard the neighbors talking very loudly and passive-aggressively about how loud we are. Not just the adults saying this, but kids that live there as well! Now, I don't think kids (all less than 10) have ever actually thought that, but they have clearly been listening to some adults complain about us.

I can't tell you how upsetting this is. These fuckers have FOUR kids next door. When the lockdowns started happening, we figured now was as good a time as any to try to make friends. We happened to finally meet them when we were all out in our front yards once, I bought a ridiculously amount of glow sticks and addressed them from my son, just trying to reach out. NOTHING. Not a word from them. And, honestly, I think it's because I make them feel guilty about how they suck as parents. Remember how I was constantly playing outside with my son for months? Those asshats NEVER let their kids play outside. It was MAYBE a couple of times a month we saw them outside. Even when they bought their own swingset, those kids were only on it a handful of times. And much of that was to climb the tower to look into our backyard and try to talk to my son.

Yes, I put music on at a moderate volume when I am outside during the daytime. Yes, I bring out a bubble machine, because having that just for parties is stupid. Yes, my son yells, because he's a freaking kid OUTSIDE. Yes, we also have a couple dogs. They do bark outside sometimes, because, ya know, they're dogs. INSIDE dogs, who are not out for more than 2-2.5 hours TOTAL a day, tops.

I just am so upset that I had my hopes so high that my son could have some friends next door and now those people are just trashing us for no reason. So help me god if they say that shit when I am outside, I will fucking lose it.

https://old.reddit.com/r/breakingmom/comments/ox7zjs/dont_be_a_hater_because_i_make_you_feel_guilty/
August 04, 2021
The OP sounds like she could be a pretty unpleasant neighbor, but it honestly seems the neighbors are no angels either.

I'd be willing to bet, though, that the dog may be barking its fool head off the entire "2-2.5 hours" she lets it outside...that her son's yelling is super-annoying and not just occasional...and that she was really pushy with her social overtures.

Real question: if someone has crippling social anxiety, do they go out of their way to try and befriend neighbors? I don't have anxiety issues and don't know how that works. Is it something where you want to do the social things, but then the anxiety kicks in? Or is it a sense of obligation..."well, I'm supposed to be a good neighbor, it'll be worse if I don't do the social things"? I'd love to understand more and could use some perspective from someone who deals with these issues.
August 04, 2021
Moos have a tendency to severely downplay their own or their kids'/pets' bad behaviors while often greatly exaggerating the behaviors of others, especially those who respond to their brat/famblee racket.

Moo
Yes, I put music on at a moderate volume when I am outside during the daytime. Yes, I bring out a bubble machine, because having that just for parties is stupid. Yes, my son yells, because he's a freaking kid OUTSIDE. Yes, we also have a couple dogs. They do bark outside sometimes, because, ya know, they're dogs. INSIDE dogs, who are not out for more than 2-2.5 hours TOTAL a day, tops.

Moderate to her might be loud for others. I keep my radio volume in my car at a "moderate" level and when I step out of my car while my radio is going, I can still hear that music loud and clear through a closed door. I crank it up to hear it over my AC. Moo might be able to tune out her screaming retard, but that doesn't mean the neighbors can. The barking dogs - I'm sure by "they bark sometimes," she means, "they bark constantly." And yes, they are dogs, but dogs can be trained to not fucking bark if the owners take time to work with them. The dogs being outside for two hours a day is also most likely bullshit - I guarantee those dogs are outside all day and all night and bark out of hunger, boredom and/or being completely unsocialized.

Is Moo trying to imply that the neighbors are also noisy because they have four kids? Maybe they're actually good parents who have raised their kids well enough to not act like assholes and disrupt the whole neighborhood. Maybe they don't want their kid interacting with an undisciplined feral tard and that's why they gave Moo the cold shoulder with the glow sticks. And somehow she reached the conclusion that the neighbors are the shitty parents? Coming from the idjit who lets her dogs bark, her tard screech and blares music all in the backyard?

Moo should book an appointment with reality because between her and the neighbors, the neighbors don't sound like the bad parents.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login