Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Breakingmom Tales: Or A Collection of Stupidity & Dumb Choices

Posted by twocents 
Re: Breakingmom Tales: Or A Collection of Stupidity & Dumb Choices
June 21, 2022
Cambion

Just don't fucking celebrate Father's Day if you're so against it. Unlike Moos who sit around waiting for their men to do nice shit for them or buy them things on Mother's Day, men will often go out and wrangle their own fun for Father's Day - grilling, car upgrades, new gaming chair, whatever.

This is exactly it. I don't know why moos feel like someone else has to validate them on their day. Just tell your husband you are leaving to go to the spa for four hours (or whatever) and will be back at whatever time. No drama, just do your thing just like your husband does. No need to wait for anyone to read your mind and deliver the most epic moo day gift ever. No need to be angry and stamp your feet on BM that you didn't get whatever you wanted from your famblee.

The moos are also really upset that others are co-opting their day. It isn't for the mom of pets, the would-be moms that miscarried (be sensitive on your day, some women want a baybee!), or a day for single dads (who are mother and father), or a day some don't celebrate because of their toxic relationship with their mom, or if flowers are handed out to any woman who looks over twenty at a dining establishment or church because she could be a mom.

I think it is kind of silly for the co-opts but also very trivial to make a big deal out of it, stop reading the messages (and feeding the animals) on social media from the co-opts. They try to co-opt everything, because mostly social media is about attention whoring and stealing the thunder of others. Lots of other people share my birthday and that is okay. It doesn't detract from my day in the least.
June 21, 2022
Here is a strange example of supporting women without brats on Mother's day:

Strange example quote
Ask her what she wants

The best way to know what your childless friend will want for Mother’s Day is to ask her. Let her be selfish for one day, just like you would with any mother on Mother’s Day. If she wants to take a long bubble bath by herself, let her. If she wants to be recognized like any other mother would (complete with chocolates and flowers), make it happen. If she wants to stay home watching movies, that works too. Her experience and her desires are just as valid as any other woman’s.

I don't think most childless women need anyone to tell them to be selfish for one day. I can attest that I had more than one long bubble bath, watched more than one movie and read more than one book last weekend. The only thing I nurtured was nature, if that counts.

https://intermountainhealthcare.org/blogs/topics/live-well/2018/05/supporting-women-without-children-on-mothers-day/
June 21, 2022
Not to mention the fact that if nobody is doing anything special for a Moo on Moother's Day of their own free will (like without Moo nudging them about it), maybe Moo isn't doing as good of a job as she thinks she is. Employees at any other job generally are not appreciated unless they go above and beyond, and given how often Moos try to get away from their kids, I'd wager most of them are not going above and beyond. I think it's also a safe bet that out of the ones that do make an effort on Mother's Day, at least a few are only doing it because they know their Moo or Moo-wife will become an absolute bitch if her heinie isn't smooched for a day. How many people would do things for mothers out of genuine desire and appreciation if they didn't have a holiday telling them they had to?

These Moos engage in their petty gatekeeping over who is and is not a "real" mother because they don't want someone laying claim to their job title after not putting in the work to achieve it. But they have no issues at all moaning every May about how much money they should earn for all the "jobs" they do. Like how putting a Band-Aid on an owwie makes them a nurse, or how feeding their brats chicken nuggets makes them a chef. They hate it when other people refer to themselves as "moms" of dogs or cats, but they're sure fine with waving professional flags they didn't earn. I act like a requirement for motherhood isn't being completely full of shit all the time.
June 22, 2022
I don't see the issue here. Moo and Duh attend a play group with their four-month-old loaf and someone's free-range toddler lobs a wooden block right in the loaf's face, which makes it cry. The author Moo says nothing, the toadler's owner says nothing, but Duh bitches out the toadler for throwing shit at his kid. The toddler's owner got mad that someone corrected her precious lumpkin's "cute" behavior, and the Moo author got mad that he yelled at someone else's kid. They got thrown out of the play group because the other mommies feel "unsafe" with him there.

I'll bet getting clocked in the face with a piece of wood hurts, even if it's thrown by a weak-ass toadler. And if a corner of said block were to hit the poor kid in the eye, that could result in vision damage. The toadler's Moo couldn't be arsed to watch the little fuckwaffle, so I think the Duh here was justified in giving the little brat an earful. He has apologized to Moo, but it's probably because he knows he's in the dog house.

But nope, according to the Moo comments - written by people who are all professional therapists, I'm SURE - Duh was horrible, an asshole, excessively angry, needs to apologize, and this was a learning experience that he needs to learn from. Umm, no? How about it's a learning experience for the toddler where he gets his ass beat for assaulting someone's infant? What the fuck kind of fucked up brat zeroes in on an infant and intentionally hits it in the face? I think Moo is just mad because she saw this as an opportunity to make some mommy friends and Duh blew it by yelling at someone else's brat. I've met moms, trust me, this woman is not missing out on anything by not making mommy friends.

She says he never lost it like that before. Could it be that maaaaybe he's a rare male that cares enough about his own sprog that it angers him when he sees someone else hurting it? Is he just supposed to be okay with someone hitting his loaf in the face? Parent your fucking brats if you don't want someone else doing it for you, breeders!

https://old.reddit.com/r/breakingmom/comments/vhkwwh/my_husband_yelled_someone_elses_child_and_im_so/

We were at a playgroup with our four month old. Most of the kids there were two or younger. This has been something I’ve wanted to do for a long time because I really want to make more mom friends. Long story short another women’s toddler threw a wooden block at our four month daughters face while I was on the floor with her playing.

Our daughter immediately started crying, and I picked her up and began to comfort her away from the group. Don’t get me wrong I saw red, but I know it’s developmentally normal and that it’s not my place to discipline other peoples children. My husband on the other hand starts to yell at the little boy. Asking him what’s wrong with him? And tells him to watch what happens if he does it again. The mom of this child looked mortified, she gave us a dirty look, and picked her son up and left.

Everyone avoided us for the rest of the time. We’ve been home a couple hours and I just received an email from the director saying we are not welcomed back because my husbands behavior made people feel unsafe. Not that I would want to go back after how humiliating that was.. But I don’t even know what to do? My husband has never lashed out like that before and especially never to a child. He keeps apologizing and I can tell he feels bad. But fuck. What now?
How are kids supposed to learn to behave right if nobody ever reacts negatively to their brat-ass behavior (or anyone who does is immediately shouted down and cancelled)?
June 27, 2022
So the very first time she takes her child to a playgroup it gets smacked in the face with a wooden block, nobody does anything about it, and she actually wants to go back?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
June 27, 2022

The best way to know what your childless friend will want for Mother’s Day is to ask her. Let her be selfish for one day, just like you would with any mother on Mother’s Day. If she wants to take a long bubble bath by herself, let her. If she wants to be recognized like any other mother would (complete with chocolates and flowers), make it happen. If she wants to stay home watching movies, that works too. Her experience and her desires are just as valid as any other woman’s.

Wow, like Thanks but I don't need your validation? Do you really need to tell people that someone without kids has experiences and desires that are also valid?? I certainly don't need a "special day" if I want to treat myself, I do whatever I want in my time off, minus minimal adulting.
June 27, 2022
LoveToLurk
So the very first time she takes her child to a playgroup it gets smacked in the face with a wooden block, nobody does anything about it, and she actually wants to go back?

While I think the duh overreacted a response of some kind is justified. If nothing else moo could have moved her toadler and told the toadler not to throw things in people's faces. A toadler understands "no".

I have no idea why they would want to go back after the way they were treated. The duh overreacting doesn't give the playgroup the right to also overreact. They would be much better off without this particular playgroup and better to learn sooner rather than later.
June 27, 2022
Ketchup

Wow, like Thanks but I don't need your validation? Do you really need to tell people that someone without kids has experiences and desires that are also valid?? I certainly don't need a "special day" if I want to treat myself, I do whatever I want in my time off, minus minimal adulting.

It is kind of odd. I understand we all will have days where we don't have time to treat ourselves but can you imagine settling for having one or a few "special days" a year? Nothing is stopping moos from demanding better for themselves except their weird perception that somehow everyone else but them can make the demands. Get the adult stuff out of the way so the fun can happen-said one childfree to the other.
June 29, 2022
This is from Quora...

As a lawyer, what's the most mind-blowing thing you've heard your client say?

Minutes before a child welfare hearing I noticed my client, the mother was acting a little…strange. We were in the courtroom and she was all over the place and kept chuckling to herself. I asked her if she had taken anything. She nodded, smiled, leaned over to me and in a loud stage whisper said :"I just smoked a little crack", then burst out laughing!

EDIT: My client in this case of course did not do well in the hearing. Loudly admitting to cocaine abuse in front of a judge is never a good idea. This was perhaps one of the most “mind-blowing” things a client ever said to me, largely because we were in court at the time. I could not talk to her beforehand because she arrived literally seconds before the case was called else I would have sent her home.

Thinking about it, though, the most shocking thing a client has ever said came from a child. I spent years representing children. I had a seven-year-old client who had been systemically starved and beaten by her mother. When I interviewed this little girl I asked her one of my standard child interview questions, that is “What are you going to do when you grow up?” This is the point where children will generally tell their dream of being a famous singer, of playing professional ball or of being President of the United States. This girl smiled and said brightly “when I grow up I am going to kill mommy”. I asked her to repeat herself and she did. The most shocking part of it was that she knew exactly what she was saying, exactly what it meant, and that was what she dreamed of doing.

and there you have it. and you know, if this girl managed to do that I doubt I'd shed a tear if I knew the background.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login