Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Breakingmom Tales: Or A Collection of Stupidity & Dumb Choices

Posted by twocents 
Re: Breakingmom Tales: Or A Collection of Stupidity & Dumb Choices
October 18, 2021
Re: kid developing his own language...I had a couple of students who'd done this. Family had like five kids, kids developed their own language to use amongst themselves. Parents didn't really correct them until the eldest was like eight and teachers recommended the parents extinguish it. All five kids had speech impediments. The two I taught were very respectful, well groomed, worked hard...but were still dealing with after effects.

Parents do their kids no favors by allowing cute private language, prolonged baby talk, and such. I'm not surprised the kid mentioned was fucked. The kids I dealt with had parents who were very strict in other ways, so at least they knew the world didn't revolve around 'em. Sounds like that kid was used to ruling the roost. Parents do stupid things, then are butthurt when faced with the consequences of that stupidity.
October 18, 2021
I guess they didn't get the memo that being a parent means correction and positive reinforcement all day, every day. And the parunts may see it as cute but they are setting up the kid for failure by doing this.

I read a biography/short story (it has been awhile) about a woman who as a little kid only received positive attention when she ate lots of food. You can guess what happened to her. It is all bad parunting.
October 19, 2021
The long-term result of this sort of lazy/passive parenting is often that the parents have to pay actual money to unfuck their kids' bad habits. Don't teach them how to read? Gotta hire a tutor because I don't think schools allow enrollment if a child cannot read. Don't correct their improper speech? Probably gonna be paying a speech therapist to get them to talk right. Don't discipline them when they act like shits? You'll be shopping around for a doctor to slap an autism diagnosis on them and prescribe pills to make them bearable. Don't potty train them? Enjoy buying $50 boxes of nappies that last less than a week for the foreseeable future.

Yeah that's kinda the thing with parenting is you can't be lazy about it. You have to be on your kid's ass 24/7 constantly correcting them when they say and do stupid shit and anything less will result in learning/behavioral issues when they reach school age. But then I'm sure most parents don't give a shit because they figure once Junior is old enough for kindergarten, it's the teacher's job to fix their broken kid.
October 19, 2021
It all comes down to whether the parents think about it as raising a future adult. If you're always just thinking about your kid as a kid, then you'll likely wind up with an immature, maladapted asshole a couple decades down the road.
October 19, 2021
Cambion
The long-term result of this sort of lazy/passive parenting is often that the parents have to pay actual money to unfuck their kids' bad habits. Don't teach them how to read? Gotta hire a tutor because I don't think schools allow enrollment if a child cannot read. Don't correct their improper speech? Probably gonna be paying a speech therapist to get them to talk right. Don't discipline them when they act like shits? You'll be shopping around for a doctor to slap an autism diagnosis on them and prescribe pills to make them bearable. Don't potty train them? Enjoy buying $50 boxes of nappies that last less than a week for the foreseeable future.

But all this creates JOBS! If everyone raised kids right what would all the therapists, psychologists, and the people who make Pampers do all day? People NEED A JOB or they will get drunk, do drugs, have sex, and be bored all day!
October 19, 2021
mr. neptune
Cambion

But all this creates JOBS! If everyone raised kids right what would all the therapists, psychologists, and the people who make Pampers do all day? People NEED A JOB or they will get drunk, do drugs, have sex, and be bored all day!

beating with a lol hammer
October 20, 2021
Moo gets herself pigged up from a one-night stand with a guy that was in a long-term relationship with someone else. I guess they split up, he hooked up with Moo-to-be, she got pregnant and then he and his girlfriend got back together and things might be serious, like proposal kind of serious.

So now Moo is asking for advice because she's keeping the loaf and it seems like the Duh wants to be in the kid's life, and I'm sure his girlfriend is just dandy with this whole arrangement. Oh, but Moo is totally fine with him not wanting to be involved at all in the babby's life. Mmhmm sure, she says that now, but wait until she figures out how expensive it is to raise a loaf and then she'll be whining for child support. If Duh is smart, he will surrender his parental rights so as to have zero obligation to this product of a one night stand.

I like that Moo is going on about talking to the girlfriend and about the relationship she's going to have with the loaf. Uhhh, lady, do you really think this chick is gonna stick around to not only raise her boyfriend's child, but one that was fathered with a total stranger during a temporary split? Gonna go with NOPE, she'll probably dump his ass.

I suppose it's possible this arrangement could work out... but I really doubt it. The girlfriend is going to be resentful having to deal with the other woman's brat, Duh will resent the child for existing even if he seems on board with caring for it now, Moo will resent Duh for being in a relationship with someone that isn't her, which will make parenting more difficult and the kid will eventually be old enough to understand all this tension exists because of him/her.

I have a feeling "I want to be in the child's life" is Duh code for "my girlfriend will take care of it when it's my turn to have the kid." This is gonna turn into such a clusterfuck and one who will suffer the most is the kid.

https://old.reddit.com/r/breakingmom/comments/qbphpl/i_31f_got_pregnant_from_a_one_night_stand_ive/

I (31/f) got pregnant from a one night stand. I’ve decided to keep the baby but seeking advice on the relationship dynamics.

The father (31/m) was briefly split up from his long term relationship but have been back together since. I think they have been together for 5-6 years (and planning on proposing) but I only found out any of these details after I called him to tell him. He was obviously shocked at the news at first and needed to take a minute to clear his head and also tell his girlfriend (30/f) about the situation. I told him I wasn’t going to ask him for anything if he didn’t want to have anything to do with the baby but I think he does want to step up as the child’s father when it comes. I have already worked through the shock and emotions of the reality of this because and didn’t know the guy at all so I feel no intimate connection or have history with him but obviously am glad he will want to be in his child’s life.

Has anyone been through this similar of a situation? I have 2 questions:

How did life turn out for you? Your child, the co parenting, future relationships, etc.

Would you want the girlfriend to reach out to you to talk and hopefully start forging an amicable relationship if she is going to be in my child’s life too? Or should I reach out to her? I am sure she’s trying to come to terms with this affecting her life too.

All parties involved seem very mature despite the fucked up situation so I’m looking for mature advice and not childish comments pointing out the obvious or blame/name/shame type stuff. Thank you in advance!!!

TLDR; got pregnant from one night stand and keeping baby. The father is in long term relationship but we hooked up while they were briefly split up. Need advice on relationship with his significant other.
hahaha--I can do you one better. I have a relative who was 19 years old when she got involved with this guy her Mom thought was just Mr Wonderful! Translation--has a good job , owns his own townhouse, a car , a jet ski and blah blah. Plus he gave the girl a honking big diamond ring.
Daughter moves in and one day Mom mentions casually that the young woman was feeling really depressed . Why? Because her fiance's baby was being born that day. Huh? Allegedly, this was a one night stand the guy had before they met. And BTW, the woman is so mentally unstable that the fiance's work place had gotten so alarmed by than they MADE him get a written contract with her. His lawyer negotiated that the younger mom had to stay on meds or the young father would get full custody!
Relative young woman and fiance got weekend custody every other weekend! And about half the time the engaged couple went away for weekend fun (see reference to jet ski, etc) and HER mom babysat the little ba*%&# d. New "grandma" was ecstatic! Turns out SHE had baby rabies and was subsequently devastated when the young couple broke up.
I guess I was the only one to be saying "whew"!!
October 20, 2021
reenie: save for the fact I believe in the almighty gene. this child has a higher chance of being a fucked up mental. fact that mootard is also a mental and has access to child will double that.. and one thing mentals do on occasion is decide they don't need their meds anymore...

I would include myself in the mental category. I know I'm not normal and one of the reasons I went CF as well... however, I know right from wrong. and many of these mentals also know and use their problems as a manipulative shield to avoid punishment.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

A laugh can be a very powerful thing. Sometimes in life it's the only weapon we have. Roger Rabbit

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

October 20, 2021
And this dumb cow wants to keep the baybee? WTF. Why in the fuck the girlfriend is staying in this shitshow situation, I just can't. They're not even married and it's clear the duhd doesn't use protection either. Was a paternity test even done? So many questions.
October 20, 2021
If a woman briefly breaks up with her long time boyfriend and he runs out and impregnates another woman you'd think woman #1 would get a clue and drop him like a bad habit. Total lack of impulse control on his part. And total lack of impulse control plays out in so many hideous ways in a long term relationship.
thankfully the relative young woman was not there for long---TOO long, but not more than a year or so. I was SO worried that her Mom would put pressure on her to breed (to "replace " the doomed fought-over baybee). So far the young relative has gotten an advanced degree, met and lived with and then married a much less messed up guy (no jet ski) and though I hear children are a plan of theirs, has NOT popped one out so early. At least a temporary "Whew"!!
October 21, 2021

If a woman briefly breaks up with her long time boyfriend and he runs out and impregnates another woman you'd think woman #1 would get a clue and drop him like a bad habit. Total lack of impulse control on his part. And total lack of impulse control plays out in so many hideous ways in a long term relationship.

Seems like common sense to me. I mean, you are broken up for two minutes with some guy and he's out screwing someone else and not using protection? For the remainder of a relationship you'd need to be wondering what is happening the next time the guy gets mad at you for two minutes. But of course there are women who actually apologize for their men in this situation. Gabrielle Union is a prime example.

If you want to read something really pathetic read where she says it's her fault that he cheated and in this story she also blames "failure" to conceive. She's married to him now and has a kid via surrogate.
October 25, 2021
Cambion

idiot
All parties involved seem very mature

Hardly.
October 25, 2021

Seems like common sense to me. I mean, you are broken up for two minutes with some guy and he's out screwing someone else and not using protection? For the remainder of a relationship you'd need to be wondering what is happening the next time the guy gets mad at you for two minutes. But of course there are women who actually apologize for their men in this situation. Gabrielle Union is a prime example.

Exactly, what happens the next time there is a break up? Will there be yet another baybee created? Or perhaps just an STD shared?

I had the impression Gabrielle Union was a strong woman with an impressive career and a good relationship. Clearly she has a serious blind spot. I guess she'll either continue having excuses for her husband (because we all know that it is never one time) or she'll face reality. At least if she faces reality she can support herself and any childrun. And if she leaves him she will still have an impressive career. She could do way better than this guy.
November 01, 2021
It seems bribing men with sexy time makes them mind their own brats long enough to get them to bed. I wonder if these Moos realize that they actually need to follow through with this every single time like they're training a dog or else it won't work. Brain dead man-babies will catch on if Moos make empty promises for sex to trick them into being parents for 15 minutes. Plus, never mind the fact that sexy time as a reward for putting the sprogs to bed could end with creating another sprog to have to put to bed because we know how careful breeders are with contraception.

I guess if it works, then good for them. Sex is a powerful tool for getting other people to do shit. But you shouldn't have to bribe your partner with your vagina to make them do the job they signed up for. Not to mention it sets a reeeeally bad precedent for the man-child fathers these women all seem to gravitate toward: Duhs will expect sex as a reward for doing anything, which I'm sure the Moos will bitch about in the sub like they weren't the ones who set the plan in motion.

https://old.reddit.com/r/breakingmom/comments/qk35n7/how_to_get_your_husband_to_do_babys_bedtime/

While he's already holding the baby, tell him you wanna bang. I've never seen him so comitted to getting her to fall asleep in her bassinet. I'm going on 30 minutes of uninterrupted peace and quiet.
November 03, 2021
until it results in another creampie trophy

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

A laugh can be a very powerful thing. Sometimes in life it's the only weapon we have. Roger Rabbit

November 11, 2021
Thread asking how all the Moos would feel if their children wanted to be childfree.

They are mostly saying they'd be supportive and encouraging of this decision and just want their kids to be happy with their lives, which I found surprising. Some even say they'd be upset/heartbroken, but would still be supportive, because WTF are they gonna do, force them to have babies? Many are also the parents of screaming flaptards and I'm sure the last thing they want is for Derpley to knock up Derplina and Moo is stuck raising little Derpington because the parents are physically and mentally incapable of being parents. A couple of awtard handlers said they'd likely discourage breeding.

These women were likely fed lies and guilted by family and friends into making brats that made them miserable, so they won't encourage their own spawn to have kids they may or may not want.

Of course there are bingoes littering the thread as well: They might/will change their minds because they're just silly children now, I was childfree until I got pregnant, I'm okay with my kids being CF so long as they don't turn into the people that browse r/childfree. So what if one of their kids does turn out to be vehemently, loudly childfree? Would Moo disown them?

My guess is the Moos only feel this way right now because their kids are tiny dependent assholes who drive them batshit insane. But when the kids are grown and less of a burden, their Moos might start pawing them for grandshits and be less supportive of the decision to not reproduce.

https://old.reddit.com/r/breakingmom/comments/qriyhw/how_would_you_all_feeldo_if_your_kids_were/

Hi moms! I recently came to know about this subreddit from my friend. My daughter recently confessed that she doesn't want kids, she wants to enjoy life without the responsibilities (her words). I am happy that she trusts me to share something like this and I fully support her. But I feel sad knowing I'll never have grandkids. I'll never be the fun, doting grandma. I just feel horrible for feeling this.
November 12, 2021
Moos bitching about how the system has failed them rather than them being the failures. Very telling how one person who says in the comments that it's not the system that's broken because she's the one who chose to have kids, and also her dumbass choice to marry and breed with an asshole. Of course she was downvoted into the negative digits for this, even though it's probably the closest reply to the truth in the whole thread.

Why is reproducing the only life choice that people feel necessitates a support network anyway? If I go ahead and book a European vacation, can I expect everyone I know to finance my trip, watch my house, and pay my bills in my absence? If I want to bring home a pet, can I "assign" duties to everyone I know involving its care? Jim, you pay for the spaying/neutering; Barb, you buy the first bag of food; Bill, you buy the litter and litterbox; Jane, you're repsonsible for handling vet visits and costs for the next 12 months. Sounds fucking absurd, does it not? Sounds equally absurd to me for a woman to expect the rest of the world to help her raise her kids.

If you choose to make new human beings, it is no one's responsibility but YOURS to figure out how to make shit work in regard to health, meals, finances, time and child care. If you can't figure this out, it's because you're a moron who made a bad choice, it's not because the system is broken. It's like saying my workplace's system is broken as the reason I don't get paid more rather than me choosing to stay in a job where I don't make as much as I should.

And yeah, the neighbors don't want to mind your sproggen either because a majority of kids now are badly parented autistic and are far too violent and destructive. Breeders don't want to pay anyone to mind their dumplings for them, and the author acts like every neighbor in generations past was a pure angel and there were no predators "back then."

Doesn't help that a lot of these women are essentially single mothers because they choose to breed with completely worthless men, so someone who should be shouldering half the brat-rearing burden is doing nothing but getting in the way and occasionally causing more babies.

It does not take a village to raise children. It takes competence, which a majority of modern mommies severely lack. Or just, you know, some fucking forethought about whether or not an individual of any gender is prepared to raise a child. Society has been shite for decades, yet these idiots chose to make new people. It's not the system that's the problem, assholes.

https://old.reddit.com/r/breakingmom/comments/qrjxvg/if_we_are_often_experiencing_breakdowns_and_burn/

I was thinking about this after seeing many mothers being ridiculed on tiktok for having breakdowns, or even just complaining or venting about their situation. And how many times I often break down.

Mother’s aren’t supposed to raise kids without help. That’s why “it takes a village”. But many of us don’t have a village. In the past, women could turn to their neighbors, their family, their friends, when they need a break. They could have hobbies, get more housework done, cook meals, etc.. but we don’t have that sort of trust anymore. For great reason. Too often it turned out someone people thought were upstanding and trustworthy ended up being predators. Family members are increasingly unwilling to comply with what’s best for the kids because “muh fredomm!” And the pandemic isn’t helping any of that.

I havent slept a full night in… 3 years or so. I’m always tired. I have no energy to clean. I wish I could ask for help, but there is no one I can trust enough with them… I also have adhd, so that just compounds the problem.

My husband doesn’t seem to understand. I’ve been sleeping all day. Im sick and tired of being tired and in pain. I want to lose weight, but have no energy for meal planning, cooking, or exercise… I feel so stupid, ugly, and useless.
November 12, 2021
One more for you folks today! smiling smiley

Moo is apparently traumatized and blames her multitude of mental illnesses on the fact that her own mother "neglected" her as an infant. By "neglected," what she means is her Moo didn't cave in and coddle her every time she opened her piehole to scream. If she cried in the car, her Moo would just drive around until she got it out of her system. At home, she'd park the infant author in a bouncy chair to let her cry.

This is not trauma, nor is it neglect. It's called boundaries. You don't have to rush to your loaf every time it makes a peep. No baby ever died from crying and teaching the fucker that Mommy will come a-runnin' for every little sound will teach even an infant that all it needs to do to get attention is scream. Look and make sure the little maggot isn't dying or in danger, and if you know for a fact it's not hungry or wet, let it scream. It's not like it'll deflate like a balloon if allowed to cry for a little bit.

And WTF, I hear so many Moos talking about how their kids have "big emotions." What the hell does that even mean? Is that cutesy terminology to describe a bratty child that screams constantly? I'm pretty sure if someone told me they had big emotions, I'd assume they have a mental illness. This Moo also beefs her toadler "on demand," probably in an effort to make up for the attention her own Moo never gave to her?

https://old.reddit.com/r/breakingmom/comments/qry1n4/childhood_trauma/

My mom always told me how I was an “dream baby” because I would sit quietly strapped into the car seat for hours.

She said that I cried a few times, but she would silently drive me around in the car whilst I was in hysterics until I finally fell asleep.

Even in the house, she would strap me to a bouncer and refused to bow down to and simply ignored any “attention seeking” (normal infant communication) behaviour.

No connection, no affection, no eye contact…

I guess I was such a “dream baby” because I simply gave up and surrendered to suffering in silence and loneliness.

No wonder I’m riddled with a tonne of mental illnesses today!

I get emotional imagining a helpless baby screaming, only wanting to feel connection…and only feeling confused, unwanted and unloved.

I know now that my mom was most probably suffering from mental illnesses and passing on generational trauma, so I do empathize.

I never ever want this for my 2 year old son.

My mom tells me I’m mollycoddling him, because I respond to every cry, I continue to breastfeed on demand, I don’t get aggressive when my son is struggling with big emotions.

I will ALWAYS be my sons safe space.
November 12, 2021
Cambion
Why is reproducing the only life choice that people feel necessitates a support network anyway?

The government gives them an inch so they spend all their time obsessing about how to take a mile.

dumb bint
Mother’s aren’t supposed to raise kids without help. That’s why “it takes a village”. But many of us don’t have a village. In the past, women could turn to their neighbors, their family, their friends, when they need a break. They could have hobbies, get more housework done, cook meals, etc.. but we don’t have that sort of trust anymore. For great reason. Too often it turned out someone people thought were upstanding and trustworthy ended up being predators. Family members are increasingly unwilling to comply with what’s best for the kids because “muh fredomm!” And the pandemic isn’t helping any of that.

Says who? Where is there a law that states moos aren't supposed to raise kids without help? It isn't a right to have help. If they can afford it, hire help. If they can't afford it either suck it up or don't have brats. Is it really worth getting worked up over a bunch of should haves? Those aren't reality, those are fantasies in your head.

dumb bint
I havent slept a full night in… 3 years or so. I’m always tired. I have no energy to clean. I wish I could ask for help, but there is no one I can trust enough with them… I also have adhd, so that just compounds the problem.

I'm calling BS on this. Unless dumb bint has had baybeez back to back for the last 3 years she is full of crap. It only takes a few months to six months at most for an infant's stomach to grow enough where it can sleep through the night without requiring feedings. Any time period beyond this physical limitation is bad behavior and habits taught by the moo to her brat(s).

And there is nothing stopping a moo from feeding a baybee on an IV drip - why don't they do this? Want some shut eye, bring out the drip! Bet the baybeez stomach would grow much faster if it had constant food and frankly, it would likely be much more healthy. Change the diaper, break out the drip and put the baybee in the crib and go do your weekly errand running for several hours. Come back and burp the baybee and change the diaper. Then tell it to go to sleep. bouncing and laughing
November 12, 2021
Cambion
Thread asking how all the Moos would feel if their children wanted to be childfree.

There are some shockingly reasonable answers in that thread.
There have been recent conversations about The Village™ in a couple of CF Facebook groups I'm in and what's been pointed out is that breeders don't understand that The Village™ doesn't only exist when they want/need its resources for their benefit. It's something that needs to be established and cultivated long before breeding and with an understanding of the intrinsic quid pro quo nature of The Village™. There's also the fact that The Village™ gets to have a say in the conception of a new baby and it gets discipline your child. When breeders bleat about how neighbors used to babysit the neighborhood children, they forget that the neighbors could swoop in and smack or yell at any ill-behaving children. You don't get to just show up pregnant or with the baby expecting a village to just organically form with you in the center of it all to give and give on your terms and you never have any responsibility to give back.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan

"If you are the light of the world you will be seen. If you have to proclaim it you are not very well lit."
- Thom_C
November 14, 2021
paragon schnitzophonic
There have been recent conversations about The Village™ in a couple of CF Facebook groups I'm in and what's been pointed out is that breeders don't understand that The Village™ doesn't only exist when they want/need its resources for their benefit. It's something that needs to be established and cultivated long before breeding and with an understanding of the intrinsic quid pro quo nature of The Village™.

This is exactly what most breeders don't get - the intrinsic quid pro quo nature of The Village™. And it is really silly because who better to babysit someone else's brat than a wanna-be mother or father? They (arguably) have more time than parents and since it is what they aspire to do, volunteering at it can only self-educate while helping out others. And if they need help once they have brats they will know who will likely be receptive. It almost seems silly that fence sitters or future parents wouldn't want to babysit other people's brats as much as possible. Future parents could evaluate their spouses through their willingness to babysit and own it. If he/she isn't willing to babysit that could be a huge red flag.

People start hating breeders because they drop coaching little league the moment their brats are no longer playing. Or care intensely about a childhood disease only after their child was diagnosed. My personal favorite is the breeder who dumps their brats on a neighbor's doorstep and runs (sometimes neighbors are parents, sometime not).

I would guess breeders are the "reactionary only" types just shocked by how expensive brats are, despite the readily available evidence all around them. Perhaps they aren't capable of any kind of proactive thinking or acting?
November 14, 2021
freya, I am thinking one can call the police with those 'dump and run' parents.

I think some people have posted over in reddit that they have done this. Most try to be polite but one managed to get the goddam cows husband and tell him to tell his stupid moo wife not to dump the kid again or else... the bitch got the message

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login