Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

thumbs up"Hurray I'm registered!"(use this thread to introduce yourself)

Posted by zeropop 
Hello to the newbies! :jump

Why live in a fishbowl, when you could be swimming in the ocean?

"She, and all other rabid breeders, are like crabs in a bucket headed to Red Lobster. When they see a smarter crab escaping, they try to pull it back in." - Miss Hannigan

"Yeah, that's what family is about - guilt tripping people into cleaning up someone else's mess." - mrs. chinaski

(Shameless blog promotion: http://popcornculturejunkie.wordpress.com/)

(Cornucopia of visual rantage: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD78oSD27mzAlVzsB0q2ibA)
Hello, I found this forum while searching for people who refuse to care for a disabled sibling. I am married but don't have children. My wife had wanted to adopt but I did not want to waste my resources raising the child of irresponsible parents.

Most parents have children to satisfy their own selfish desires and don't care enough about the welfare of their children. If they cared more there woud be fewer poor and damaged children born.

I am also interested in the pro-abortion and antinatalism, a good blog for this is http://francoistremblay.wordpress.com/category/antinatalism/pro-abortion/
Re: thumbs upup"Hurray I'm registered!"thumbs upup(use this thread to introduce yourself)
March 17, 2014
Your wife sounds like a breeder pleaser.

This site isn't for you.

You might want to try TCFL.

~~~~~~~~~~~
I miss my little feather baby.
Figured I'd finally join after lurking a long time. I wish I'd known there were sites like this sooner, it would have saved me a lot of self-hate over the years! I actually found this site while being annoyed to death by some terrifyingly annoying children on a long train ride (Every attempt at asking the hellspawns' mother resulted in a whiny "But they're kiiiiiiiiiiiiiids," ugh.) and cackling to myself over the threads here kept me from going insane, so thanks for that! Months later, I returned after breaking up with my long-time girlfriend who was apparently hiding her desire for kids the whole time. Betrayed doesn't even begin to cover how I felt. Background: I'm transgender so at the beginning of the discussion that turned into a nuclear explosion I was assuming her wish was to adopt, which I did not want, but as it turned out her plan was to basically "oops" me as you say with a sperm donor when we were financially stable. I was... Not under the impression this was something I would ever have to worry about with my particular biology. doh face
Needless to say that was too many levels of fucked up for me to remotely want to deal with so I got out fast and ever since I've been avoiding any level of partnership with anyone who isn't as vehemently childfree as me, including roommate situations. It's like walking through a mine field only with screaming babies popping up out of the ground instead of explosives.
But now I'll be here too, so hi there.
Re: thumbs upup"Hurray I'm registered!"thumbs upup(use this thread to introduce yourself)
March 26, 2014
Welcome shinyinsect!

You sound like one of us.

You'll find a home here.smiling smiley

:1welcome

~~~~~~~~~~~
I used to post on an earlier incarnation of this board, oh, maybe 3 or 4 years ago. Then it just went away and I was sad. But, alas, while nosing around childfree boards on teh internets, I found you again! Much joy ensued and I decided to re-up. Same name I posted under before, if anyone happens to remember.

So much has happened since then! I've had quintuplets through IVF and spend my free time planning pro-life marches.

Nah, just kidding. Still the same childfree bitch I've always been smiling smiley

So happy to see a lot of the names I remember from the old days; am looking forward to snarking, bitching and moaning with y'all!
March 28, 2014
happy bunny
I used to post on an earlier incarnation of this board, oh, maybe 3 or 4 years ago. Then it just went away and I was sad. But, alas, while nosing around childfree boards on teh internets, I found you again! Much joy ensued and I decided to re-up. Same name I posted under before, if anyone happens to remember.

So much has happened since then! I've had quintuplets through IVF and spend my free time planning pro-life marches.

Nah, just kidding. Still the same childfree bitch I've always been smiling smiley

So happy to see a lot of the names I remember from the old days; am looking forward to snarking, bitching and moaning with y'all!

shoulda held this one till april 1 waving hellolarious

Reintroducing myself here...I had a login ages ago and can't remember my username/pw.....

My name is Steph, from Sydney Australia. I'm 30, love my reggae/dancehall/soul/rock & roll, work in digital media, am a little bit bipolar, a rookie urban explorer and happily CHILDFREE - my mind/body/soul/bank balance are very thankful for this! devil with smile

Look forward to being more active on here with you guys and having a laugh/rant about childfree grievances with everyone. The older I get, the more insanely irritating children/parents/society seems to be.

x Steph (goatgirl)
Hello, newbies (or, old newbies, I suppose)! :jump
April 03, 2014
If your S.O. is a fencesitter, then this is NOT the place for you

I doubt very much that you will feel comfortable here.

Try TCFL.

~~~~~~~~~~~
I would agree that you'd be more of a fit for TCFL. Fence sitters are common there. Not tolerated here.
Fair warning...
April 03, 2014
Good luck with that.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Reading comprehension... Drake said your SO is the fence sitter. Not you. But still - you are married to a wanna breed by your own admission. That's the reason for the TCFL suggestion. They support people like you there. You won't get that here.

They even have whole sections devoted to that issue. Here? Nope. You'll get shredded.
If you were CF you wouldn't be in a relationship with a man you call "prechilded." Your own choice of words.TCFL is more your style and again, they have entire sections devoted to you.
I'm not arguing. I'm simply stating a fact. Buying a home and planning a life with a wanna breed when you know you're on different sides of the argument doesn't make sense to anyone here. Starting arguments with long time members also doesn't win brownie points. We've been around a awhile and we've earned the right to be hard asses.
April 03, 2014
jezebel_daisy
Reading comprehension... Drake said your SO is the fence sitter. Not you. But still - you are married to a wanna breed by your own admission. That's the reason for the TCFL suggestion. They support people like you there. You won't get that here.

They even have whole sections devoted to that issue. Here? Nope. You'll get shredded.

happily unmarried to my SO of 5.5 years, about to purchase a home

Cat - there are a number of outcomes:
1 - your SO will fall to the our side of the fence, for which you will be congratulated

2 - he'll declare an ultimatum. don't count on any support from this place. we are solidly CF and have heard enough stories from people who were involved with breeders or wanna-breeds to know that you are probably headed toward heartbreak

3 - he'll dump you in favor of someone who'll breed with him. See #2

Personally, I raised my eyebrows at your intent to buy a house, especially when you state

We are both holding our breath and hoping the other will change their mind, but I'll win because time is on my side.

You know, that's really not fair to the guy and is something that, I'm sure, has sent any level of respect you might have started with on this site plummeting to 0. If you are firmly entrenched in the CF zone, and he is thinking (or has some hope) that you'll change your mind, you're just leading him on. It's a reverse oops, which is an asshole thing to do. There is no "winning" when such a decision needs to be made.

Many of us say without chagrin that we can be assholes, but your kind is not wanted.

I wish you luck in making him see that the childfree life can be happy and rewarding; that the known life with you is worth more than some unknown future with a kid; but, like others have said, it would better for you to be over on The Childfree Life forum than here.
April 03, 2014
takethecat4awalk_honey

You know, that's really not fair to the guy and is something that, I'm sure, has sent any level of respect you might have started with on this site plummeting to 0.

So it's not fair to the man if the woman wants kidlits and he doesn't, because she's selfishly demanding something he doesn't want to give her...aaaaand it's not fair to the man if he wants kidlits and she doesn't because she's selfishly denying him something he wants.

That logic is faulty.

No, it shows that you are not a compatible couple.

And, again, this is not a group that bothers to argue. You're being told nicely; and, from me, for the last time.
Hey everyone,

I've been lurking for a while here and finally decided to register. I've been childfree since childhood, I never could stand kids.

This is a very cool forums with many great contributors, and I am looking forward to discussing things on here.

Wishing everyone a great weekend!

smiling smiley
April 12, 2014
Welcome rockchick!

~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi, rockchick!

:jump band playing music

"She, and all other rabid breeders, are like crabs in a bucket headed to Red Lobster. When they see a smarter crab escaping, they try to pull it back in." - Miss Hannigan

"Yeah, that's what family is about - guilt tripping people into cleaning up someone else's mess." - mrs. chinaski

(Cornucopia of visual rantage: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD78oSD27mzAlVzsB0q2ibA)
Hey everyone! I'm a long time-lurker, and I finally decided to make an account here after I got a job at Lowe's as a front-end loader. I had an experience with a grandmother(?) and her obnoxious, perpetually grinning little turd of a granddaughter. She told the brainless little vermin to stop but it kept skittering around, touching things, and finally playing with the gate we use to close off the checkout lanes. It was then that I said, "Knock it off." The grandmother(?) told the she-turd that I was going to "kick her out" if she didn't stop. I responded by saying that I would have to leave that to the manager. She was polite enough, and nothing was wrecked, but it irritated the living fuck out of me that the little crotchturd just kept grinning away like an idiot after I said, "Knock it off."
I loathe the whole idea of parenthood and look forward to getting snipped as soon as I can move out of my parents' house. I do, however enjoy transformers, video games, historical novels, hot rod magazines and anime. My mom doesn't like it because it's not "pretty or beautiful".
April 13, 2014
Welcome Golden Commando!

You sound like you're "one of us" and you'll love it heresmiling smiley

We look forward to hearing more about you and your experiences.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks! To be honest, I don't get out very often, so I don't have that many horror stories. However, I did hear one kyd screeching it's head off at work today. The thing was a good way away from from my register, so it wasn't that annoying...but, Jesus H. Christ, how the hell do parents just let them act like that?! Every time I see or hear things like this, it just reinforces my determination to be childfree when I move out. Also, my mom says "we're social animals". I respectfully disagree. I love my family, but there are times(particularly the end of the day) when I just want to be left the fuck alone. My mom thinks that wanting to be alone is "anti-social" and wrong.
To be fair to her, the times I have been on my own, I've spent money like a drunken sailor and ended up having to come back home. The fact that I'm on the autism spectrum(Asperger's?) doesn't help, but my stubborn, disobedient attitude didn't help either. I ended up spending a lot of my money on bar girls(U.S. Army, Korea), Transformers and diecast cars(U.S. Army, Korea and America).
I still like these things, in fact last year I bought the ECTO-1 from Ghostbusters. The difference is that before, it was a "fuck you, watch me" to my parents when I got my first taste of autonomy in the Army. Now, I'm a lot pickier: I'm not out to collect everything in sight. I know money is precious, and I need to be able to control myself if I want to live on my own again.
My dad actually said recently, "Why do you want to move out? So you can make robots(I'm a Gundam fan)?" Honestly, yes. I like these things, and as long as I control myself and take care of my responsibilities , I don't see anything wrong with them. Of course, nowadays, that's not all I want to do. I want to go out and meet people.Goths, punks-the weirder, the less "family-friendly", the better. If I can find myself a girlfriend, or maybe even wife, I would consider her my greatest achievement. Forget driving, owning an apartment-to me, finding and maintaining a relationship with a woman is the most challenging thing I can think of.
Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to get that off my chest.smiling smiley
Hello - I am a woman of middle age who has held a closely guarded secret for a few decades which is....I can't stand children. I've always felt like an outcast because I don't think babies and children are especially cute and because I've never personally had the urge to procreate. My sense of humor falls flat whenever it involves children and I'm surrounded by people who literally fetishize kids. Especially the special needs types. It makes me want to gag.

Reading the topics here makes me feel like I'm not so alone in this.
Hello! :1wv

I think you'll like it here :jump

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login