Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

thumbs up"Hurray I'm registered!"(use this thread to introduce yourself)

Posted by zeropop 
Thank you, barren4ever! smiling smiley It's feeling better. So glad I found this forum. It was so annoying when people pestered me about kids when I got married (I was 29). I'm now 41 so luckily people have stopped asking "that AWFUL question". I have no regrets in choosing not to breed, and I feel for those younger than myself who feel the same way that still hear it. My husband and I look at each other and chuckle when we see a parent with an out-of-control kid. LOL I don't dislike kids entirely - I love my nieces/nephews. They are blood/family. I just can't stand everyone else's kids. grinning smiley
Hi everyone,

I am Katie, I live in NYC, and I am 31 with a long term boyfriend who is 42. Every since I can remember I have been uncomfortable around most kids. I never played with dolls. I never even really enjoyed playing with most little kids. They always bored me for the most part. I have been drawn to certain kids in the past, and for some reason they always seem to be little boys! (I think most girls and girly things inherently annoy the crap out of me!). Like many of you, I had a wonderful upbringing, and wonderful parents. Literally the best parents a child could ask for. In fact, one of the only reason I have ever had second thought about not having kids is because I would want a child to experience having such awesome grandparents. Thankfully, my parents have always said "you need to do what makes you happy" so I have not had pressure to procreate, or even get married.

That all being said, I just don't want children. Luckily my boyfriend thinks he is "too old" lol, and honestly, I think that is more of a "good"excuse for him. Because we all know 42, esp as a male, is not that old if you truly want children. He says that had he gotten married years ago, he would have had them. But I think a more likely explanation is "he would have done it bc most women want kids and thats just what you do". I do not think (and all those women who complain anonymously about hating their life on the internet seem to say this too) that mens lives are as negatively affected by kids. They simply do not pick up most of the mind numbing childcare duties that fall in womens laps. Therefore, many probably are very ambivalent about it. That being said, I think if MOST men spoke honestly with others about their lives after kids, most will say that their happiness has greatly decreased. Their once fun wives are now fat, ugly, put zero effort in, not into sex and generally just "mom-ish". I truly have lost count of how many married men I have met at a bar who are miserable with their existence now. How many have said "i haven't gotten a divorce bc of the kids".

I always had a strong inkling that most people simply cannot escape that existence. They try to convince you that its awesome by posting happy pictures all over facebook (women mostly who are delusional as to how miserable their spouse is) but I know the truth. Some are happy of course, but I do not think it is the majority. I think you can be happy and unaffected by being saddled with kids if you are very rich-but that is not me ( I have a good salary and bf is NYPD but not nearly enough to raise kids and still do anything!), and it is not most of you either.

Anyway I am going on and on about stuff that I know I will get into in later posts, but I am very thankful to find this site. Whenever I say most of the stuff in my head about kids, people get very uncomfortable and defensive. Like visibly upset as if I popped the balloon of delusion in their head about the reality of kids and ripped their rose colored glasses off. Well you know what? Tough. We have to hear and experience the nightmare that is the child worship in america, so I am going to make you listen to a 30 second rant about how I know your life is miserable! I tell them that 30 seconds of them listerning to the truth is no where near the hassle of a 2 hour dinner next to a table of parents and their crotchturds mis behaving and being loud and obnoxious!

Anyway, great to meet you ladies!!! Looking forward to sharing!
Re: thumbs upup"Hurray I'm registered!"thumbs upup(use this thread to introduce yourself)
August 15, 2013
Katie- there are quite a few MEN on this board, too.

~~~~~~~~~~~
I miss my little feather baby.
You are right Im realizing that as I read more posts!! Sorry about that boys! Glad to see them here as well!
ktcunningham
You are right Im realizing that as I read more posts!! Sorry about that boys! Glad to see them here as well!

Hello and :1welcome

I am also 31 and living in NYC.

Edit: I meant to reply to your intro post...I'm not a boy. LOL
Hello my fellow CFers!

I have been lurking here for quite a while now and always enjoyed the style of this board, the interesting topics and assertive members who call bs on saccharine famblee stories in the media. Before I was a member of TCFL but it’s a bit too tame over there and the number of doormats, who let themselves get screwed over by crazy family members or bfs/gfs is appalling (I am looking at the current thread about the person whose SIL dropped off her kids at her doorstep for the weekend.)

As for me, I am a 28-year old childfree woman from Europe, I just completed my master’s degree and now I am job hunting. Being an only child and the youngest of my extended family I rarely got into contact with children, I was never interested in holding babies or playing with little kids.

In my teens I thought I would have kids at 45, at the brink of menopause, thinking that at that age I would be bored enough and have sufficient money to waste on a brat. In my early twenties I examined my stance on children and decided my former idea was terribly naïve and stupid.
I love travelling so I surely will never run out of amazing places to visit! Furthermore I thought about my youth and how exhausted my mother sometimes was and what an ungrateful pain in the ass brat I was at times. Discovering online articles about childfree people and finding CF boards sealed the deal.
Nowadays my stance on children can be best compared to my stance on piles of dog shit on the street: They exist, they are annoying, they smell and are best to be avoided.

Besides not liking brats at all, the population growth and resulting destruction of nature bothers me a lot. It just hurts to see that spaces which were once green get turned into fugly cookie cutter famblee home monstrosities with shoebox gardens. The ultimate suburban nightmare for me!

Anyways, I really enjoy this reading this board and it’s great to be a part of bratfree. :hello
:1welcome to the board, ceylan!

I agree with you about TCFL. I am a refugee from there as well. Couldn't stand the breeders and the pleasing, etc.

BratFree really is a safe haven in a loaf-crazed world, even though TCFL likes to claim that it is.
Since I delurked on another thread, I suppose I should properly introduce myself on this one. I used to lurk on ASCF a LONG time ago, and when it started going down hill, I cried. I finally started looking around for a "replacement" a couple of years ago and found TCFL and hated it. After more bouncing around the internet I found this place and fell in love.

I'm 30, but I was an early articulator for childfree-ness - starting around age 8. The day I found out there were things you could do to prevent inpigness, I went home and proudly announced that the day I turned 18 I was getting a tubal. Unfortunately that hasn't happened yet, but I'm hoping now that I'm 30 it will change. My parents were horrified by the announcement, although I now think it was because I knew something about "the sex". Oh noes!

I am single, and have never been in a serious relationship due to being childfree - where I currently live and where I grew up is super deep East Texas and breeder-brained to the max. I've had idiots tell me that I'm a "disgrace" and an "abomination" (among other things) just because I'm a science and computer geek and female. I'm hoping I can save up enough to move far, far away by the end of next year.

I also may have converted my best friend to the dark side thumbs upwink smug It's amazing what happens when you show people there really are other options out there. I'm eternally grateful to both my CF great-aunt and my family's friend who told me about tubals and birth control in the first place.
Hi there. I just joined the forum a while ago but haven't gotten around to writing a good greeting yet.

I'm a 25 year old guy living in sunny Southern California. I really began to question my views on children when my sister, unexpectedly, gave birth out of wedlock. Naturally my parents, being moderate christians who still believe in the "no sex without a wedding first" deal.

Even worse is that the whole birth has really put into question her future because not only does she want to be a fashion designer, she has a big internship lined up with Tommy Hilfiger: one of the biggest fashion design companies in America. She might not be able to do it now when she finishes her fashion course all because she wasn't smart enough to tell her boyfriend to wear a condom.

When I really took into consideration how that one mistake, let alone the act of having children, can be a boat anchor and can demolish your full potential, I just began to look differently at children, their impact on others, the world and so forth. I especially considered, for the first time, whether I was fit to have one.

The answer I came to was a resounding no. I made my final decision on becoming childfree last year when I underwent a vasectomy. Glad I did because since then I've really developed a dislike of children. Doesn't help matters either that I have to work the front end at a Pavilions either.
Hello everyone.

I'm a 30 year old smartass living in the city heavily populated by screaming hell spawn. I have really enjoyed reading a lot of the content on this site, as it makes me feel like my views on fornication trophies are not unique. Like some of you, I don't mind well behaved children, but the majority of zombie breeders and their precious crayon eating monsters make it a little more difficult to enjoy time I spend in public.

As far as the other stuff, I am (like many of you) a big believer in personal responsibility, and I love a good debate. I am single, and work quite a bit. I love dogs, but don't have one, as I wouldn't have any time to spend with it. I look forward to reading all the great content on here.
Hi everyone!

I'm brand new to these kinds of boards, I never knew they existed and am very happy to see they do! I'm 34 and currently am owned by cats which is so much better than being owned by brats. People look at me weird when I tell them I will never have children, I am doing everything I can to find a doctor to give me a total hysterectomy. I think the happiest day of my life was finding out the only way I can have kids is to go through hormone treatment (I have PCOS) which will never happen. I can't even go into Wallyworld anymore because some idiot on a cellphone is letting her snotstain scream at the top of their lungs in that monotone voice wanting something. I literally freeze on the spot torn between having a meltdown and trying to decide which of the two need to be slapped. The other reason I can't stand kids is at the end of the day if I have to go to the store, thanks to the PCOS I start showing facial hair and invariably I will get the looks from the brats and even the comment of "are you a boy or a girl?" while their indulgent idiot parents look one with that "aren't they just the cutest!" smile on their faces.

Things are going to be getting stressful for me in the coming months as my "brother" and his "wife" are expecting their first child....after the doctor told them not to right now....so I get to deal with my step-mother gushing over them and telling me how proud she is of them and "when are you going to have kids?" bullshit. I hope to someday be seen for what I have accomplished instead of what I haven't dropped out of my body. Don't know if it'll ever happen since I'm in the deep south and people look at you funny if you haven't dropped a few turds into society. My only saving grace in this is my great aunt feels the same way I do....we both prefer animals over snotstains any day.
Re: thumbs upup"Hurray I'm registered!"thumbs upup(use this thread to introduce yourself)
August 18, 2013
:1welcome :1wv

To all the new folks here!

I always like to hear new stories and new 'takes' on things!

I too live in an urban area and also had no idea that such forums existed - until my CF neighbor told me to 'look it up' and I'm glad I did!

Welcome to all our New Folks! Don't be shy about posting, either! smiling smiley

:beer
30 1/2. First-born male in a generic nasty ass mormon family, and all the expectations that position entails. I, however, was born with a soul, so I disowned them and their shit.

Here to read, rant, take refuge.
August 19, 2013
Hey foxinabox! I'm a former mormon too! I am female though. I knew they had to be lying about my 'highest calling is to be a mother'.

Always glad to see those born into it figure out reality is much better than the mormon LifeScript.

Welcome newbies!
Hi,

I'm 31 and from the UK and very pleased I found this site!

I am in a long term relationship with a man the same age and he also wants to remain CF. We both work full time, earn decent money and think that life will offer us more opportunity, fun and happiness without bratlings!

Being the age I am I frequently get "bingoed" and told in superior fashion "aww, you'll change your mind" and "it'll be different when you have your own" - umm, I'd say that really not liking children is not a terribly good start for being a parent, so I won't take the chance that just because it came out of me I'll love it, thanks. I'm an ex youth worker and I've worked with enough troubled kids and young adults to realise that birthing doesn't necessarily bestow upon people the skills for adequate parenting, not does it guarantee that they will love their kids as opposed to abuse them and screw them up.
August 21, 2013
Hey there Yummy! :1welcome

~~~~~~~~~~~
I am childless - so, not childfree.

I figured I might have something in common with the folks on this board, because I get condescending comments from some people who have children, about how much free time I must have. Sure! Those paychecks arrive with no effort on my part at all!

Also I hate when people are incapable of talking about something that is not about their children, mommy bloggers, and anyone on a forum with a username like "jaydensmommy". They'll grow up and move out, then what? You will still have no personality!

However, I read through a few threads, and I am realizing this forum is probably not the place for me. I do enjoy reading about ludicrous child names though.

I am not into judging other peoples' choices, so if my opinions differ, I will keep them to myself.

I am 42, I was raised Catholic, with a lot of the garbage that goes along with it. I have tried meditation, I like the Ajahn Brahm talks on Youtube. I live in Ontario, Canada. I have a lovely boyfriend, and we have 2 cats. I sit all day, working as a graphic designer - well more a graphics operator, I don't create things as much as I modify things. I sew, and do gardening, and I am learning to play the fiddle.
August 21, 2013
lazydaisy-

No this is NOT the board for you.

I would suggest ya leave quietly and not post again or ever come back.

If ya need to ask why, then you will have a problem being here.

You have been warned....

~~~~~~~~~~~
lazydaisy, I don't think this board is for you. You might want to try TCFL. This board is for ChildFree by Choice people only.
@lazydaisy, if you have not muttered "fucking loaf" under your breath when hearing a loaf scream... you do not belong here.

If you thought about how nice it would be to have a baby in the house...you do not belong here.

If you identify as childless, not childfree... you do not belong here.

Must I go on?
August 25, 2013
ceylan
Hello my fellow CFers!

I have been lurking here for quite a while now and always enjoyed the style of this board, the interesting topics and assertive members who call bs on saccharine famblee stories in the media. Before I was a member of TCFL but it’s a bit too tame over there and the number of doormats, who let themselves get screwed over by crazy family members or bfs/gfs is appalling (I am looking at the current thread about the person whose SIL dropped off her kids at her doorstep for the weekend.)

As for me, I am a 28-year old childfree woman from Europe, I just completed my master’s degree and now I am job hunting. Being an only child and the youngest of my extended family I rarely got into contact with children, I was never interested in holding babies or playing with little kids.

What country? We have members living in Italy, Finland, the UK, and Germany, to name a few. It's always nice to see another person who is roughly in my time zone.
Sure, I'll introduce myself!

I found this place a while back and then lost it again. I am Rose, and I have been in No Kidding!, We Kid You Not, and Selfish Heathens.

I decided forty years ago not to breed. I was about eight and had just learned about overpopulation.

As the years went by, everything went very well. I didn't expect to get married to someone with a high income. He is gentle and kind and would be a good father if he could stand the little shitlings. All my arguments about how I, as a single, poor woman would not have children flew out the window. But don't worry. I have about 2348237894789234676767 reasons not to have bratlings. You all know what they are.

Yes, I do have 20 cats! I love my little friends!
Hello to all the new people! :1welcome :partay band playing music :drkbddy drinkingy eating popcorn :beer :hello :1wv :bal

Why live in a fishbowl, when you could be swimming in the ocean?

"She, and all other rabid breeders, are like crabs in a bucket headed to Red Lobster. When they see a smarter crab escaping, they try to pull it back in." - Miss Hannigan

"Yeah, that's what family is about - guilt tripping people into cleaning up someone else's mess." - mrs. chinaski

(Shameless blog promotion: http://popcornculturejunkie.wordpress.com/)

(Cornucopia of visual rantage: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD78oSD27mzAlVzsB0q2ibA)
Hi! I'm so happy to have found my people. smiling smiley I'm 26 in NYC. I was very lucky and found and married a CF man. Since we just got married the pressure to start squirting them out has been driving me insane. I had gotten used to the welfare trash that I grew up with squirting out brats at 16 and now the upper middle class crowd finds it necessary to ask us about breeding. I've always known I wouldn't have kyds and have been really open about it but my husband hasn't broken the news to his family yet. Neither of us has siblings so the pressure to make some grandchillllldruuuunnn is pretty intense.We have a dog and a chinchilla and foster cats on and off and that's more than enough for us!

Love the no bullshit attitude and especially the no tolerance for the ADHD, autards etc.
August 26, 2013
Welcome animalmama!!

You sound exactly like one of us, and I think you found a home here.smiling smiley

:1welcome

~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login