Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

thumbs up"Hurray I'm registered!"(use this thread to introduce yourself)

Posted by zeropop 
re-introducing myself in a way

I used to post here under the same log in name but life got crazy, I stopped posting, and my account was removed while BF went through the clean-up and anti-troll process and I was too damn lazy to fix it.

so now after some lurking I'm back

I'm female, west coast of USA, 39. DH is 40. hoping to finally get the docs to agree to tie my tubes this year (dear jumping jesus, I'm old enough NOW right? I mean if I WANTED one I'd probably have to IVF, why has it been so hard to get someone to agree to fix me? sorry... rant...)

total cluster-fk family scenario with a SIL who was pressured into breeding (tough luck lady) and now her Og-Dick-Werx hubby doesn't want the spawn and is dipping his wick elsewhere. Spawn is nearly 5 yo and not toilet trained, train wreck. SIL trying to be a PNB (her parents are trying to help) but not at least in my book succeeding. Divorce about to ensue. Plenty of BratFree rodder in that mess.

I think if DH had any possible reservations about children that might have been the nail in the coffin. Thank god.
Re: thumbs upup"Hurray I'm registered!"thumbs upup(use this thread to introduce yourself)
January 12, 2014
Welcome back, lux.

I remember you!:1welcome

~~~~~~~~~~~
I miss my little feather baby.
Re: thumbs upup"Hurray I'm registered!"thumbs upup(use this thread to introduce yourself)
January 12, 2014
I'm not exactly new, but had access from home cut off a while back (because of IP address change?).
I'm in Florida now for a visit and will be moving in a year or so.
63, long divorced, didn't like children when I was one.
Can someone unban my Ohio address?

Leash laws for linoleum lizards!
drake
Welcome back, lux.

I remember you!:1welcome

thanks drake!
January 12, 2014
khan
I'm not exactly new, but had access from home cut off a while back (because of IP address change?).
I'm in Florida now for a visit and will be moving in a year or so.
63, long divorced, didn't like children when I was one.
Can someone unban my Ohio address?

It's something wierd in phorum. There are a few with this issue.

I've been lurking for a long time, so I decided it's about time to finally introduce myself. I'm a 23-year-old from Europe, adamantly CF since very early age, lover of art, traveling and science and extremely protective of my peace and quiet. I registered a few months ago for the first time, but my account seems to have disappeared before I had a chance to post anything.

So, hi! It's nice to find a board where no udder rubbing or breeder pleasing is involved!
Hi all!! Wanted to join for awhile! I was at another CF site, but they just weren't raw enough for me. In RL I'm a very kind person, but I have a "dark side" when it comes to issues that disgust me like anything involving pregnancy and babies. I didn't always used to be that way, though. When I was in my teens, I was always about getting a PhD first THEN maybe ...who knows? I've always hated babies but I thought that kids in general were okay. But then came the pro-life shaming propaganda, complete with abstinence only "education" (plastic fetus and all) It left me feeling even more violated. At this point I started to hate pro-life and their precious feti and they had made me go from sitting on the fence , to making a mad dash to the point on the planet where there's the most distance between me and that damn fence. Now I'm like...come on, menopause... But I think I'll just cough up the cash and get sterilized. I'm glad I found this site. I love reading it so much, now I can finally reply
January 18, 2014
Welcome. Know what you mean abut those other sites being too nice; here we call them breeder pleasers. Not all of us are 100% anti-child either. Some here loath them, others are agnostic, while others like them in small doses. We are all united in despising parents who do not control their crotchfruit or, if it is uncontrollable (baby or defective) removing it from polite society until it doesn't sound like an air raid siren.
January 18, 2014
Not an oddball at all. That's just what breeders want us to think so we don't spread the word that their are all these happy CF people around.
Hello! I've been lurking for a while and I'm very glad to find a forum of like-minded people. I was an early articulator about never wanting children. I'm a college student, but once I get enough money, I'm determined to get myself sterilized.
I have found my people!

I'm 23, have always sort of passively hated children. About a year ago I got the mother of all bingo-es... from my long-term boyfriend! Are you f*&$ing kidding me? I'm 23. Neither of us had an education past high school. Sorry but "Our children will be so attractive/smart/insert reason here" is not a good reason to wreck my life.

There is absolutely NO reason in the WORLD for me to ever spawn! I'd be passing on a long-standing family tradition of grave mental health, addiction, violence and generally piss-poor disposition. So I'm now 100% CF and always will be.

Boyfriend is now my ex-boyfriend, and I finally pulled my shit together and just finished my first semester of university!

Man, did I ever dodge the bullet.

Oh, and I have got an arsenal of horror stories about brats, breeders, and restaurants
Hi everyone,

I've delurked! I was a member of a CF board years ago on LJ and have rejoined the community after recent life events. I'm 37, divorced, now in a new relationship with a younger guy who thinks he can convince me to have a baby - good luck with that, man.

I don't hate kids, I just don't want them and think I'd be a crappy mother. I like my life as it is, quite frankly.

I also find pregnant women and mothers smug as fuq. Even more smug, however, is the new generation of older, first-time dads who have a trophy brat at 40 and then try to give you the "it's different when it's your own, my life is SO fulfilling now" spiel constantly. Rage.
For the new people:

:1welcome eating popcorn :dindin :drkbddy drinkingy :chug :beer thumbs upwink :partay band playing music :bal

Why live in a fishbowl, when you could be swimming in the ocean?

"She, and all other rabid breeders, are like crabs in a bucket headed to Red Lobster. When they see a smarter crab escaping, they try to pull it back in." - Miss Hannigan

"Yeah, that's what family is about - guilt tripping people into cleaning up someone else's mess." - mrs. chinaski

(Shameless blog promotion: http://popcornculturejunkie.wordpress.com/)

(Cornucopia of visual rantage: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD78oSD27mzAlVzsB0q2ibA)
Welcome to all the new people! :jump
thanks guys!
Thanks! :hello
Thanks! Very glad to be here Mr. T: I pitty tha foolhankyou
January 23, 2014
fingerpunch
Hi everyone,

I've delurked! I was a member of a CF board years ago on LJ and have rejoined the community after recent life events. I'm 37, divorced, now in a new relationship with a younger guy who thinks he can convince me to have a baby - good luck with that, man.

Maybe you should replace him.

The younger guys I meet (in any capacity) are usually thrilled to find out that I don't enjoy kids either, and that there are women out there who don't want kids.
hello! i am so happy i found this forum! i cant tell you how refreshing it is to know im not alone in my views about children and parenting! hope to converse with you all soon.
Hi Everyone,

I've been lurking for quite a while & have finally decided to jump in.

Hubby and I are very happily CF. We've been married for over 10 yrs & are/were beyond thrilled that we are on the same page in not wanting children. We love being able to live our lives how we want (I know, we're selfish smile rolling left righteyes2). Our relationship is all about doing things to make each other happy. We are owned by furry, feathered, & finned friends and enjoy spoiling them. Our home is peaceful & I'm so grateful for the decision we have made.

As you can imagine, we have heard just about all of the comments. It's a breathe of fresh air to read many of your posts. I always thought I was "mean" because I cringe at the sound of a screaming child and always hope when we dine out that we are in a quiet zone but in reading your posts, I've learned that I'm not alone and that's a sigh of relief.

Thanks for reading!
February 05, 2014
I'm sort of hesitant to post this for a few reasons, mostly because I don't want it to be a "me, too!!!1!" post, but, um, hi anyway. smiling smiley I've been reading through a bunch of previous posts here and decided to take the plunge and register. I don't know how often I'll be able to actually post since my online life (well, my RL, too) is pretty erratic, but just seeing so many of my own feelings posted by others is pretty cathartic.

Here's the risky "me, too" part-- it sounds like I have a lot of experiences in common with a lot of people here. Never wanted kids, never liked them, not even when I was one. I found adults much more interesting to talk to, when they would actually talk to me and not patronize me because I was younger then they. I've taken the usual flak (and on that note, can someone please explain to me how being CF is *selfish*? How can you withhold something from someone who doesn't exist?). One of my favorites is, "When you meet the right man, you'll change your mind," when clearly the man who's right for me wouldn't want kids, either. (I have met him, and he doesn't. We've been together just a week shy of twelve years, and no regrets about not having kids. Big surprise, right?)

I do have fur children, and love them way more than I could love any human child. Right now I have cats, rats, and a horse, the last of whom regards herself more as a "peer" than a "pet." She's probably right. winking smiley The only context in which I could tolerate being called "mommy" is in relation to my pets. I used to outright detest being referred to as a pet "mommy," but then it got used once in a very supporting and sympathetic way, and it changed my mind. I may not have given birth to my furry little loves, but I'm as much their caretaker, protector, and "safe place" as any mother should be to her human child, so...I can accept it. smiling smiley

Wow, I'm sure that was way the hell more than anyone cares about. :/ But anyway...that's me.
February 05, 2014
Welcome to happilyjustus and kittehpeoples!

Both of you sound like you'll fit in perfectly with us:1welcome

~~~~~~~~~~~
I miss my little feather baby.
February 05, 2014
Thank you, drake! I hope so. smiling smiley
February 05, 2014
Welcome to all you newbies !!! You'll love it here.:1welcome :1wv :sw
Hi!
I registered in 2013 with this username but it seems my account has been deleted, so here I am. I'm in my twenties and I've known I didn't want kids since I was little, but I wasn't aware that breeding is a choice until I was in my teens. I'm a nerd, a martial artist and an amateur writer. I'm also an atheist and politically on the left (but not a liberal). I will be an infrequent poster (I don't always feel I have anything to add/say).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login