Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Breakingmom Tales: Or A Collection of Stupidity & Dumb Choices

Posted by twocents 
Re: Breakingmom Tales: Or A Collection of Stupidity & Dumb Choices
August 02, 2023
From AITA. Guy dodged a bullet and is too stupid to realize it.

He doesn't want kidz, but would LUVE to be a stepdad someday. What kind of room-temperature IQ person wants to be a stepmom or stepdad?

This woman would have oopsed this guy (if she hasn't already--maybe that's why she's so upset) and used him as a wallet, no doubt.

I've (38M) been seeing this woman (35F) for a few months. She has 3 kids (8,10,15) and I have none, by choice, but I would love to be stepdad one day. I am the oldest of 4 boys and my youngest brother is 18 years younger than me. Ive been around kids since I was 6 years old. My brothers have a combined 6 kids now. (this comes into play later) We have been doing great for the duration of our relationship. No arguments or anything. We have been doing "family activities" together, everything has been great.

So we are at dinner Friday night, and there is a table of 8 adults and one baby. The baby (1.5-2 years old) is just relentlessly screaming bloody murder for like 15 minutes straight. All gas, no brakes. The parents are acting like nothing is going on, completely ignoring it. I say to her "This may be an unpopular opinion, but I think one of the parents should take their baby to the restroom or outside until they calm down.. Its kinda inconsiderate of everyone else around them"

This sparked something in her soul and she absolutely lost it. Told me "If you really feel that way, that just makes you a horrible human being" and that I was a "male karen" for even thinking that.. She blames the whole issue on me "not having kids and not knowing what its like", etc. "If you knew it could possibly offend me, then why even say it?" and that she now cant trust me because I might say something out of line to her kids or parents. We finished up and I took her home, where we sat in the driveway and talked some more, I explain that I have been around kids my entire life and even though I don't have any of my own, I absolutely know what its like.. I've had to take my youngest brother outside for the same reason multiple times growing up. If I'm at dinner with my family and one of my nieces or nephews start losing it, I am the one that takes them out, so mom and dad can have a break. That I was just expressing my opinion and it wasn't a big deal if she didn't agree, because it would never come into play with her kids ages. She refuses to let it go and stays livid, continues saying mean shit, until I asked her to get out and drove home.. Gutted.

AITAH?

UPDATE

-Yes I did break it off. We had zero communication until Sunday, when I called her and officially ended it. She just said "Seriously?!?" and hung up. LOL

-I came here for some validation because she really did start to make me feel like I was an asshole for thinking this way. I just wanted to make sure.

-The restaurant was what I would call upscale Mexican. Not your average "Casa Mexicana" but not some fine dining joint either.

-She has been a single mom for around 5 years.
August 02, 2023
Yeah, she was hoping to breed with him someday and then do absolutely nothing to discipline the resulting offspring.
August 03, 2023
I wouldn't be surprised if the guy suffered a bit of parentification if he was expected to take his screaming siblings outside. You don't need to create and raise kids to know what it's like to deal with them.

But yeah, who the fuck wants to be a step-parent? It's all the responsibilities of being a biological parent, but then being told you can't do certain things because "you're not his/her real mother/father." Can't discipline the kid because then you get, "I don't have to listen to you because you're not my real dad!" Can't make any medical decisions for the kids because "you're not their real father." It's like being told you're getting "promoted" and will be doing two other people's jobs on top of your own, but you'll be paid less than when you were just doing your own job.

Sounds like the Moo the guy was dating probably doesn't discipline her brats. So she took offense to Duh calling out the screeching loaf and its handlers because Moo herself probably allowed her kids to cry nonstop at that age. And how could he have known what he said would offend her fragile ass? If he thinks being a stepfather is a worthwhile life choice, I hope he gets therapy for his mental illness soon before he shacks up with another single Moo.
August 03, 2023
Sticky post from the sub about how mommies need to tell Congress that they need affordable childcare.

Okay sure, but this Moo says she and her fellow heifers want to solve the problems of the high cost of childcare, the low salaries of childcare workers, and the availability of childcare. Yeah that sounds nice on paper, but how exactly does she think she's going to get childcare workers paid more while making Moos pay less for their services? That's not how math works - if the people tasked with minding other people's brats make more, someone else will have to pay more.

Also, this will not solve the problem of lack of available childcare options. Even if you pay people more money, it may not necessarily make more people want to deal with kids for a living. Unless there is some major incentive to get people to want to work in childcare, this campaign to make brat care more accessible to Moos won't change the fact a lot of daycares have huge waiting lists.

Also, why should Congress be figuring out how to make life easier for a bunch of morons who chose to breed? Did Congress make these women crap out kids they couldn't afford?

https://old.reddit.com/r/breakingmom/comments/13yl4vu/take_action_tell_congress_moms_deserve_quality/

TL;DR: Moms First, a nonprofit founded by the same woman who founded Girls Who Code, has launched a campaign to demand Congress do something about the childcare crisis—and need your help! By filling out this form (it’ll only take 45 seconds or so!) you can send an email to your elected Representative demanding they join the #CaucusForChildcare and step up for moms across the country!

Hey friends! I work for a nonprofit organization that advocates for working moms (called Moms First) and we just launched a big campaign pushing for federal policy in the US to solve the childcare crisis (including the astronomical costs, the lack of available childcare options, and the unfairly low wages many childcare workers receive).

For the first part of that campaign, we’re pressuring members of congress to join the newly formed Caucus For Childcare by asking moms (and allies to moms) to contact their member of congress using our advocacy tool (which sends an email on their behalf).

In the first 24 hours, we’ve already had 650+ moms take action, including moms in nearly every state across the country! But we need that number to be 10x as big, to send a message to Congress that’s loud and clear:

MOMS SHOULDN’T HAVE TO BE THIS COUNTRY’S ONLY SOCIAL SAFETY NET. WE DESERVE SUPPORT TOO!
August 06, 2023
Cambion
Sticky post from the sub about how mommies need to tell Congress that they need affordable childcare.

Okay sure, but this Moo says she and her fellow heifers want to solve the problems of the high cost of childcare, the low salaries of childcare workers, and the availability of childcare. Yeah that sounds nice on paper, but how exactly does she think she's going to get childcare workers paid more while making Moos pay less for their services? That's not how math works - if the people tasked with minding other people's brats make more, someone else will have to pay more.

Also, this will not solve the problem of lack of available childcare options. Even if you pay people more money, it may not necessarily make more people want to deal with kids for a living. Unless there is some major incentive to get people to want to work in childcare, this campaign to make brat care more accessible to Moos won't change the fact a lot of daycares have huge waiting lists.

Welcome to the middle class, breeders. It sucks if you don't breed because you can't afford everything you want and sucks worse if you do. We all know breeders think they are entitled to: free school, free bratcare, free college, free healthcare, an income level that lets them afford a (bigger than average) house and save for retirement, a late model car and numerous vacations annually. Being able to afford all of those things isn't middle class, it is upper class. Breeders who work are also paying taxes to supplement irresponsible breeders. If it already sucks, why would anyone want to add a mouth to feed to the mess?

Moos have been whining and bitching about the cost of bratcare since I was a little kid. Nothing has changed.
They expect all those rich meanies (rich meanie is any US citizen that doesn't have brats in daycare and works) to subsidize bratcare as if it is school and that includes bratcare for the middle and upper middle class. Do they really want their property taxes to double overnight to pay for this crap? Might not be so appealing when the bratcare buildings have people living in tents lining the sidewalks surrounding the bratcare centers. That is exactly what can be expected if property taxes double. And I'm not even thinking about what would happen to all those retired people who lose their homes because their property taxes are now doubled and they can't just snap their fingers and go out and start working 40 hours a week again. But, it would be a great way to boost the crime rates.

By a vast majority, the people who qualify for a safety net paid for by the taxpayers are irresponsible breeders who should have practiced birth control or aborted. Salaries and the cost of bratcare are no longer shrouded in secrecy, all these facts are published online for the public to consume.
August 13, 2023
Moo finally achieves some kind of stability in life that includes actual free time during which she can pursue hobbies and writing, then she cocks it all up by calving. Junior is not even two weeks out of the uterus and she already is done. She mentions a "great partner" who she now fights with constantly because of the kid and also mentions having shared custody of another kid, so I assume she had a kid with an ex.

According to stuff she shared 8 months ago, she did not want another kid because her first one was an absolute fucking monster. She decided not to take her pill for a few days because what's the worst that could happen lulz?? eye rolling smiley Yeah well she got herself knocked up. Her husband loves her brat from another man, but hates babies and 100 percent wanted her to abort the mistake. Oh, but she allllllways wanted two and wanted to have One Of Our OwnTM with the new cock and balls, even knowing how the husband felt about infants. She also said they are not financially stable enough for a second kid and she "can't" adopt. I don't know if that means she tried to adopt and was rejected, or she "can't" love a child that isn't hers biologically.

She whines about missing peace and quiet, but it's not like she's a first time Moo. She had a kid before this, so she KNEW what she was getting into with a loss of free time, peace, sleep and everything else! Did she think just because the rest of her life seemed to be going okay that this new brat wouldn't disrupt any of it? If her biggest fear with breeding again would be the loss of her easy life routine, why the fuck did she do it?

Moo also posted suicidal things a month ago, so she already wasn't in a good state of mind. Oh and her ex is emotionally abusive toward both her and her daughter, but she still sends the kid there so she can have breaks. I give the marriage another year before the current husband/baby-daddy nopes out. Her and her may-unn also live with a roommate who is pissed off they have reproduced. So the child was born into a home where absolutely nobody wants it. Great start to life for him. What a fucking trainwreck.

https://old.reddit.com/r/breakingmom/comments/15q1d0k/i_dont_want_to_be_a_mom_anymore/

My baby is only 11 days old. I love her so much but sometimes she doesn't feel like mine. She feels like my niece and I'm just watching her. And eventually she'll go back to her mom and I'll have my life back.

Because my life is gone. And this was my biggest fear with having a second. It took me years to get to a good place in my life. Years to find stability and happiness. I was finally good.

Married to a great partner, in a house we own, with split custody of my oldest so I got days off that I spent watching TV, playing games, and sleeping. It was my job to keep the house clean and write my books so I can try to get published.

Now? Now I have a newborn full time. A newborn that needs to be on me to sleep soundly, so I hold her a lot just so I can watch an episode of TV and have an hour to myself. A newborn that wakes me every two hours for a half hour at a time. A newborn that will never go to her dad's so I can get a day off. I'll never have a day off again.

I know how selfish this all sounds. That I care more about my downtime than my daughter. I know it is. But I can't help it. My life has not been easy. I finally got easy and I ruined it for myself.

And now me and my husband are at each other's throats. I'm sad all the time, he's angry all the time. I've been with the baby every second of the day, he's cleaned every room in the house. I've been complaining about everything and he probably doesn't feel appreciated. I just can't get my head on straight.

I just don't want to do this mom thing anymore. I miss sleep. I miss quiet. I miss my alone time. And now it's all gone, for years. This is my life. And I'm so mad at myself for choosing it.

https://old.reddit.com/r/breakingmom/comments/zm6kqh/unintentionally_pregnant/

I'm engaged. Getting married next year. I'm on birth control. I already have a four year old.

I'm screwed.

I've always wanted two. But after having my fire breathing dragon child, I never wanted another. (I also never wanted to get married again, but here I am) She was so difficult. So, so difficult. Colic. High needs. Needed attention 24/7. Would wake up every time I laid her down so she slept in my arms for every nap and night sleep for a year.

Now she's four and up my ass. The only relief I get is when she goes to her dad's. I've been very ill with a sinus infection and she begged to come home and promised she'd be good, and was she? Hell no.

I was off my birth control for a few days because of my illness and I didn't start spotting, which was weird for me. Plus I've been abnormally hungry, craving meat, really emotional. But I'm sick and have a shit ton going on in life so I didn't think much of it. Bought a test because I was at the store anyway and I just wanted to be sure. Instant positive. Literally instant.

My fiance loves my daughter but doesn't like infants. He's 100% behind me terminating. But I know he'll be supportive no matter what I decide.

I don't know what tf to do. I've always wanted two, and I'd love to have a baby with him. But I don't know if I can do it again. And we're not financially stable enough right now so I'd have to get a job (I'm slightly disabled so would have to work from home, which is difficult when you can't afford child care). I don't know if I can bring myself to terminate though. But I KNOW I can't adopt.

I don't know what I want. Advice maybe? Talk me out of it? Into it? I don't know. I just found out three hours ago so I'm still in shock. Thanks.
August 14, 2023
And she had her fiance's support to terminate! Why the Hell didn't she?

The kid is 11 days old and she already wants to bail? She has a long road ahead of her.

And I agree her marriage will probably not last if they already hate each other and the kid is 11 days old.
August 14, 2023
Moo got herself knocked up on purpose, but doesn't like it when she complains and people tell her she chose to get/stay pregnant.

I mean, it's the truth?? She's been pregnant before, so it's not like she didn't expect some inconveniences/discomforts. If you don't want to be told that you have to deal with the consequences of your own actions, maybe don't bitch to people about every goddamn thing in your life? Or reserve your complaining for your Moo friends online.

She worries she'll continue hearing these things after Sprogleigh pops out, and odds are she probably will. So take the hint, Moo: shut the fuck up about your pignasty and your brat. Most people will not sympathize for someone who suffers as a direct result of their own dumbass choices.

https://old.reddit.com/r/breakingmom/comments/15r5dle/why_cant_i_just_complain/

I wanted this baby. Absolutely 100% on board with everything that entails. I'm meal prepping for once the baby gets here, I've got the nursery almost ready, I'm excited!

But I'm also 31, it's been several years since I was last pregnant, I'm older and it's not quite as easy this time. But the moment I open my mouth to complain to 2 of my close friends, out of the 3 close friends that I have, I get reminded, "you wanted this" " you signed up for it" " pregnancy isn't comfortable" "well this is what you wanted" "you are pregnant so you have to deal with it"

Like yes, I am aware of these things but I also want to complain on occasion and I feel like I'm not allowed to because my pregnancy was intentional. I immediately get shut down because this is what I wanted.

I'm worried I'm going to keep hearing these things after the baby gets here too and it's frustrating. I would never said these things to a friend of mine, or any pregnant women because just because we are pregnant doesn't mean we should have to just suffer silently and ask like everything is peaches and roses. I drive a car too, doesn't mean I don't get upset when I get hit even though I know it's a risk. It's not what I hoped for! While overall this pregnancy has been fairly smooth, I just wanna complain that my back hurts without getting a lecture on how I asked for this

Then you have this brain trust in the comments:

That's such a dumb line of reasoning.

"Well, you wanted this."

I could say the same thing about aging ("well you didn't want to die"), working any job ("you're the one who went and got yourself employed"), or even dieting.

Anything worth wanting is going to come with some downsides attached unless you're living in unicorn land.

I don't know why complaining about other things is ok but not pregnancy or child raising.

So dumb.

Well that might be sound logic, except for this little problem where none of those things she mentions are really comparable to breeding. Nobody chooses to age - it happens whether we like it or not. Almost everyone has to work and very few people have the luxury of choosing to have a job, and sometimes you have no choice but to take an awful job to stay afloat. Dieting is also often done for health reasons - sometimes cosmetic, but health is a factor at least sometimes.

Nobody needs to have a fucking kid, so no, I will not have any sympathy for a heifer whining about her swollen feet, sore back and fat bloated gut.
August 15, 2023
Cambion
Moo got herself knocked up on purpose, but doesn't like it when she complains and people tell her she chose to get/stay pregnant.

I mean, it's the truth?? She's been pregnant before, so it's not like she didn't expect some inconveniences/discomforts. If you don't want to be told that you have to deal with the consequences of your own actions, maybe don't bitch to people about every goddamn thing in your life? Or reserve your complaining for your Moo friends online.

Most of these moos have terrible memories so they forget how horrific baybees are to deal with and end up inpig with another one before their "youth fades."

The issue is that her friends know this was a voluntary choice on her part and that if they let her complain before the loaf is shat it will only get much worse and stay that way for the next 18 years:

My body is so messed up because of brat
I'm so tired because of the brat
I'm so sleep deprived
The brat always needs something and my needs come second
No one appreciates me
This time is so much worse than when I was much younger inpig
Brats are so expensive
Daycare is so expensive
Etc.

Friends have to nip this shit in the bud or they'll be her sound board for the next 18+ years.

If someone has a job they hate they can be encouraged by friends to look around for something better and that it is only temporary.
Sometimes the hated job is necessary to prevent starvation. A pignasty is never necessary.

Freaking everyone whines about aging, I clearly remember a friend of mine whining at 27 about it.

The funny part is that if there is anyone who ages more quickly and is more likely to need a hated job (or two at the same time) out of necessity it is a moo or duh. Being a parunt is a great way to make what would otherwise be voluntary choices forced choices.
August 15, 2023
Cambion
Moo finally achieves some kind of stability in life that includes actual free time during which she can pursue hobbies and writing, then she cocks it all up by calving. Junior is not even two weeks out of the uterus and she already is done. She mentions a "great partner" who she now fights with constantly because of the kid and also mentions having shared custody of another kid, so I assume she had a kid with an ex.

According to stuff she shared 8 months ago, she did not want another kid because her first one was an absolute fucking monster. She decided not to take her pill for a few days because what's the worst that could happen lulz?? eye rolling smiley Yeah well she got herself knocked up. Her husband loves her brat from another man, but hates babies and 100 percent wanted her to abort the mistake.

This what happens when "I wanted two since I was a brat" trumps all logical thinking and it becomes "I will have two no matter what because it is the most important priority in my life." Suicidal ideations, stupidity, pissing off your new husband and the roommate who is probably the only reason you can afford the house you've mortgaged.

Did she stop to think about what will happen if she pisses off the roommate and this person moves out? How about her new husband who readily admits he hates baybees? She can't even leave the loaf with him since he admits this, it isn't safe. What an absolute train wreck this one is.
August 15, 2023
If someone was complaining about their job a significant amount of the time I saw them, I'd encourage them to change jobs. If someone whined constantly about a diet, I'd suggest that they find something that works better for them. For inevitable circumstances, like aging, I'd probably recommend therapy. And if the whinging persisted, I'd be distancing myself from them. I'm there for the friend who is suffering through a bad patch in a relationship. I'm not friends with the person whose entire relationship is a rocky road.

You can see where I'm going with this. The voluntary nature of the pregnancy isn't even the main issue, though it certainly is an issue. The point is that nobody likes to listen to people complaining without them taking steps to fix the problem. A little bit of venting is fine, but if her friends are shutting her down it is because she is opening her mouth to complain a lot, probably every time they see her.

If friends are telling you to shut up and suck it up, it's time to reconsider the choices you've made and if you really want to be where you're at.
Dear Annie: I am finding it hard to co-parent with my daughter’s father because of his betrayal
Published: Aug. 11, 2023, 11:30 a.m.
facebook
twitter

By Annie Lane
DEAR ANNIE: I am finding it hard to co-parent with my daughter’s father because of his betrayal. While we were together, he married his ex-girlfriend behind my back so that she could gain citizenship into this country. I only found out because I did the unthinkable and went through his phone after noticing some weird behavior. I know that was wrong, but he had no intention of telling me what he had done and planned on living a double life (his own words).

Shortly after discovering this information, I found out I was pregnant. While it would have been easier to terminate the pregnancy, I had always wanted another child, so I made the decision to see my pregnancy through. We now have a beautiful baby girl.

I thought I could be strong enough to co-parent, but I am finding it difficult to do so with someone whose actions I am grieving from and who makes poor decisions. Not only did he marry her behind my back, but he is now NOT going to see their marriage through and is dating someone else 10 years older than him. I personally do not like the idea of having different people around my daughter as this is not something I will be exposing her to on my end. Any advice? -- Protective Parent

DEAR PROTECTIVE PARENT: Your daughter’s well-being and safety are of the utmost importance, and it sounds like when she’s around her father, those things are in jeopardy. If you truly feel you cannot trust him to care for or keep her best interest in mind, you might consider what options you have for officially obtaining full custody. I don’t doubt that her father could be a positive presence in her life at some point, but until he wants to change, make the effort and prioritize her, he is a disaster -- nothing more than an unpredictable stressor to you both.

Despite the difficulties you’ve described, you are selflessly raising and protecting your daughter. Don’t lose sight of the amazing job you’re doing.
August 15, 2023

Despite the difficulties you’ve described, you are selflessly raising and protecting your daughter. Don’t lose sight of the amazing job you’re doing.

Um, negatory. And WTF?

To me the first condition of being a good parent is to breed with someone responsible. She failed to do this even before the kid was born.

the world 'fail' on flames
August 16, 2023
yurble
A little bit of venting is fine, but if her friends are shutting her down it is because she is opening her mouth to complain a lot, probably every time they see her.

Sounds spot on! They probably figure if they give her an inch with the bitching, she'll take a mile and will unload on them at every possible moment. It's fine to be a crying shoulder now and then, but that shit gets old when you have to be someone else's on-call therapist for every ache or annoyance. They probably shut her whining down so she doesn't get too comfortable using them as sounding boards.

Not to mention that she will use her brat to one-up EVERYONE if they dare to complain. Because as we all know, nobody is more stressed, tired, sex-deprived, depressed, angry, sore, broke, or unappreciated than a mommy. Like misery is a pissing contest. It's very tiring listening to one of these cows bitch about how much harder she has it than everyone else who ever existed because of a child she chose to conceive, carry to term and give birth to.

Where's the Duh? Can't she bitch to him? He's the one who got her pregnant, can't he lend an ear to his heifer?
August 16, 2023
freya
This what happens when "I wanted two since I was a brat" trumps all logical thinking and it becomes "I will have two no matter what because it is the most important priority in my life." Suicidal ideations, stupidity, pissing off your new husband and the roommate who is probably the only reason you can afford the house you've mortgaged.

Did she stop to think about what will happen if she pisses off the roommate and this person moves out? How about her new husband who readily admits he hates baybees? She can't even leave the loaf with him since he admits this, it isn't safe. What an absolute train wreck this one is.

My guess is she did not stop to think at all, or if she did, Moo brain came out the victor in the battle of desire versus logic. Like do you ever see someone ponder over making a purchase and almost put the item back, but then go, "Oh fuck it! I'm buyin' this! I deserve it!" even if they can't afford it. Some people do that with pregnancy. There might be an attempt at logic, but in the end, what Moo wants will often trump the wiser choice.

Moo probably figured everything would work out, or Gawd would provide or some other bullshit. Maybe Duh and the roommate would just love the loaf once it arrived because that happens so often. eye rolling smiley I'd be willing to venture the roommate will move out because who the fuck wants to pay to listen to a brat scream constantly? If they are relying on the roommate to help them afford the house, they'll need to find a new tenant immediately and good fucking luck renting to people when they find out you've got a newborn.

Duh might dip out too and go live with family or friends so he doesn't have to deal with the screeching loaf he didn't want in the first place. I like how in her other post about finding out she was pregnant, she says he will support her no matter what even though he absolutely wanted her to abort. Judging by the fighting and anger happening now due to the brat, it doesn't sound like he is supportive of the choice she made.

And in classic fashion, Moo is broke, has no job, and no support network.
August 16, 2023
bell_flower

Um, negatory. And WTF?

To me the first condition of being a good parent is to breed with someone responsible. She failed to do this even before the kid was born.

the world 'fail' on flames

This woman reminds me of my mother. She conceived me with her drunken playboy boyfriend who she claimed was her "first love" even though she had two other daughters by another man. He turned out to be a bigamist and while he was married to her, he also had another family in another province. One day she found out that he gambled their home away and she had nowhere to go but back with her parents.

The results of my mother's decisions to breed with losers is that all three of us paid the price one way or the other. None of us escaped the legacy of this.

I feel for this poor kid. As if life isn't difficult enough with two normal parents, I just can't help but feel she's going to need therapy for this once she gets older. I'm the only one in my family who's gotten therapy, although my oldest sister has been in grief counselling since the passing of our aunt. She's not without her emotional problems though and my other sister is the worst off out of all of us.

Let's just say that all three of us settled for men who didn't deserve us. I escaped but sadly for my sisters, they chose to stay.

Hopefully her moo will stop making kids with people she knows nothing about.
August 20, 2023
From AITA over on Reddit:

My partner (27M) and I (26F) have been together for 4 years, we have 2 daughters (5 months and 2 years) and I have a 7 year old from a previous relationship.

We both work, although right now both of us are on maternity/paternity leave. He gets 6 months off full pay, and I get 9 months off with statutory maternity pay. Anyway I am getting increasingly more and more resentful to him, to the point I actually feel like I can’t have a conversation with him without getting annoyed. For one, he’s never washed a single bottle let alone sterilised the bottles, we bought a baby brezza so that it was easy for him to make bottles and yet he still barely uses it, he will wait until I am up on my feet and say well since your up go get a bottle. He’s never once got up during the night with the baby, he’s never once got up in the morning to go get a bottle. He’s changed a handful of the babies nappies, he’s never bathed her, he doesn’t dress her. Nothing, it’s all on me. I’ve said to him he needs to do more cause I’m actually exhausted emotionally and physically and he’s said he isn’t good with babies so he prefers to just do things for our middle child. (He will change her bum, he will occasionally put her to bed if he’s home at bedtime, he will bath her but only if I ask, he won’t do anything unless asked). He then moans that all the baby does is cry when she’s with him and I’ve told him that’s because he doesn’t try with her and just throws her straight at me as soon as she even starts to cry.

Anyway this past week he has been helping his friend out at work because he owns his own company and has had staff off etc so for the whole week it’s just been me and all 3 kids, I’ve barely had time to shower, all I’ve done is house work, I’ve had appointments which I’ve brought all the kids along to, my only ask from him was if he could watch the toddler whilst I went to my first ever baby sensory class and he said he would. The night before as we are going to sleep he said oh yeah btw I can’t watch her, your gonna have to take her or not go (I’d paid for the course in advance and this was 11pm at night and the class started at 9.30am the next morning). I asked him why, said I was fine doing everything my self all week so he could help his friend and this was the only thing I asked him for and now he’s put me in an awkward position. (Toddler can’t come to baby sensory as she’s too old and I’d be chasing her around and not be able to spend any time just me and baby).

He doesn’t help with any of the house work, even since he’s been off. He doesn’t hoover, he’s never put a load of laundry in, anything tbh. I’ve asked him to start helping to make my job easier as he will for instance put all the rubbish on the counter instead of the bin, or leave his laundry all over the house instead of taking it to the laundry basket. He will leave the bin to over flow as he ‘doesn’t touch the bins’, he will get out the shower with no bath mat and soak the whole bathroom. All I’ve asked for is small things to help and he still can’t. I’m absolutely fucking exhausted. Whenever I say I need help because I’m so overwhelmed he will help for a day (by watching the kids so I can clean in peace, not actually help with any of the jobs) and then the next day it’s back to the usual.

At weekends he also goes out almost every weekend so I am alone every weekend and I feel like I need to ask for permission to ever make plans because I don’t want to go out and get texts about how one kids crying cause then I just want to go home because what’s the point in even trying to have me time.

Note the math: she had her first one at age 16 and obviously hasn't learned yet and spawned two more times with a worthless guy who couldn't be bothered to marry her.

They are both assholes.
August 20, 2023
Did she not learn from her experience 2 years ago with this guy what it would be like?
August 20, 2023
I'm guessing the moron thought the next one would be different. Because don't all these Moos think that way? "Ohhh he's a deadbeat that punches me in the head and rapes me every night, but he'll be a great daddy once the baby arrives!" Then the loaf comes out: "Huh, he's still a deadbeat and doesn't lift a finger in regard to the baby. Waaaaaaaaah poor meeeeee! bawling" (gets pregnant again) "Yay another baby! Surely THIS one will make him into a model father and husband!" Two years in and he hasn't done anything except scream at the kids and scream at Moo to keep them quiet. "I never knew it was going to be like this!! What do I dooooooo, internet? By the way, I have no job, no savings, no car, no support, no family, I'm disabled and I'm pregnant again. It's not faaaaaair nobody told me this would happen!1!"

Loaves do not change pieces of trash. If a man is a shitsack before the brat is born, he will continue to be a shitsack afterward too. The marginally less shitty ones might promise to help, but then they won't because why should they when Moo-wife will do it all? But typically, the Duhs don't even make the effort to pretend to want to help - they just go about life like normal. It's not like the Moos can just dump the brats in the Duhs' laps and say deal with it because most Duhs will absolutely 100 percent neglect their kids either out of ignorance or a complete lack of fucks to give. Moo goes away for a weekend with her girlfriends and she will absolutely come home to the child not having been fed the whole weekend, still wearing the same (now overflowing) diaper she put him in when she left, and the child screeching blue murder from hunger, thirst, discomfort, pain, and total lack of attention. All Duh has to do is put on noise-cancelling headphones and the child and its noises can successfully be blocked out.

If the Moos get on the Duhs' cases about what they don't do to pull their weight, they'll just tell the Moo-wives to stop being nagging bitches. It's not that they can't do shit, it's that they won't because there are no consequences or repercussions if they refuse to help. I'm sure Duh didn't magically go from being a responsible adult who splits the household chores 50/50 to a worthless lazy lump overnight. He was absolutely like this before the bratlings came along and Moo just ignored it. Now she's gone and made her life three times as hard by breeding with this lazy asshole twice.

But then I don't expect someone who breeds at 16 to have much going on in the way of gray matter. Moo was probably thrilled that someone was willing to date her when she had a brat and didn't care at the time that he was useless. But she cares now when she has three times as many kids and no additional help.
August 20, 2023
Cambion
I'm sure Duh didn't magically go from being a responsible adult who splits the household chores 50/50 to a worthless lazy lump overnight. He was absolutely like this before the bratlings came along and Moo just ignored it. Now she's gone and made her life three times as hard by breeding with this lazy asshole twice.

He may have split the chores before the loaves came along (we don't know) but he certainly didn't help with the first brat. Why would he help with the second one? The guy is doing everything he can to stay away from her and the brats, going so far as to stay away on the weekends and to avoid the loaf completely while mostly ignoring the older one. He takes brat leave and doesn't help out at all because it is just a vacation to him. Wait until he goes back to work, he'll probably just live there.

I guess she can continue to play this cat and mouse game with him, itemizing out all the things he doesn't help with, express righteous indignation over all his shortcomings and breed again with him anyways. What a moron.
August 23, 2023
I can't imagine my life being so shitty that I have to wait years before I can enjoy the simple pleasure of making coffee uninterrupted and having a real day off. Moo is thrilled that she survived to her child becoming school-aged so she can regain a tiny semblance of human life for herself. I guess the very real daily threat of students being shot by lunatics in their places of education is a small price to pay for some mommy me time.

It's a shame she was too dumb to realize that if she just didn't breed, she could make coffee in her underwear every single day and wouldn't have had to wait 5-7 years. Plenty of other mommies chiming in about how they can't wait until their sproggen are school aged so they can experience similar freedom.

My life is crappy, but at least I'm not a breeder. That's a whole new level of crappy right there. I can't imagine not being able to enjoy something as simple as morning coffee.

https://old.reddit.com/r/breakingmom/comments/15y7i4p/you_guys_ive_made_it_my_kid_is_school_aged_its/

And my kid is at school! My kid is at school! Ha! Ha! It’s all happening! I’m loving my awesome 4x a week 10 hr shifts even more now because my bonus day off on Tuesdays is actually a DAY OFFFFFFFF. Omfg you guys. I feel like.. so much winning is happening. And I’m really loving this for me.
August 23, 2023
Yup, I'm doing exactly that right now. I don't have to be at work until later this afternoon so I'm having a cup of coffee in my robe. My pup is still sleeping right now and everything is absolutely quiet. I think I'd go nuts if I had to work, look after a kid or three, care for all the other responsibilities that life brings, and not have a moment's peace to myself just so I can relax and reflect on everything.

I'm seriously introverted and I need alone time. I'd go insane if I had to deal with kids every nanosecond of the day hassling me for stuff because that's what they do. Then again, even as a kid myself I knew that.

I just don't know how this fact of being a parent slips people's minds before they start breeding? It's everywhere. Even long before the internet was available I knew this just by seeing my sisters with their kids and I myself being a kid...although my mother wouldn't have tolerated me bugging her like that all the time. She would've smacked me. When she wanted to take a nap, do her hair, or watch TV I wasn't allowed to bug her and I knew it. I was actually okay with that because I knew my mother needed a break sometimes from both working and dealing with me.

After breeding your life no longer belongs to you. Especially now where kids seem to rule over their parents with tiny, iron fists of rage.
August 23, 2023
mumofsixbirds
Yup, I'm doing exactly that right now. I don't have to be at work until later this afternoon so I'm having a cup of coffee in my robe. My pup is still sleeping right now and everything is absolutely quiet. I think I'd go nuts if I had to work, look after a kid or three, care for all the other responsibilities that life brings, and not have a moment's peace to myself just so I can relax and reflect on everything.

I'm seriously introverted and I need alone time. I'd go insane if I had to deal with kids every nanosecond of the day hassling me for stuff because that's what they do. Then again, even as a kid myself I knew that.

I just don't know how this fact of being a parent slips people's minds before they start breeding? It's everywhere. Even long before the internet was available I knew this just by seeing my sisters with their kids and I myself being a kid...although my mother wouldn't have tolerated me bugging her like that all the time. She would've smacked me. When she wanted to take a nap, do her hair, or watch TV I wasn't allowed to bug her and I knew it. I was actually okay with that because I knew my mother needed a break sometimes from both working and dealing with me.

After breeding your life no longer belongs to you. Especially now where kids seem to rule over their parents with tiny, iron fists of rage.

Me too. I love and appreciate every day when I make the coffee and enjoy it. It is quiet here too.

I'm very introverted too. My parents are not introverted and it still really bugged them to deal with needy kids. By the time I realized this I wasn't so needy anymore. I think it is just the way kids are, with some being worse than others. They'd threaten to give me more chores if I bothered them, so that stopped those long processions of questions.

Moms and dads both allowed themselves plenty of free time to enjoy hobbies, the first cup of coffee and time with their friends as long as they didn't have a baby at home. Now, it is such a badge of honor for parunts to over-obligate themselves to their kids 24x7 to the point where they can't piss in peace. Kids definitely rule now. I'm glad it isn't okay to abuse kids but it is to the point where kids can abuse their parents, which isn't okay either. There is a happy medium in there where no one is abused.
August 23, 2023
Cambion

And my kid is at school! My kid is at school! Ha! Ha! It’s all happening! I’m loving my awesome 4x a week 10 hr shifts even more now because my bonus day off on Tuesdays is actually a DAY OFFFFFFFF. Omfg you guys. I feel like.. so much winning is happening. And I’m really loving this for me.

I saw a comment where a moo was laughing and thinking 13 years when her kid asked how much longer she has to go to school. I thought, what are you laughing at? At least 13 more years before the kid is out of the house. 13 angsty-filled years with her dotter who already has had her fill of school. Poor kid.
August 24, 2023
freya
Cambion

I saw a comment where a moo was laughing and thinking 13 years when her kid asked how much longer she has to go to school. I thought, what are you laughing at? At least 13 more years before the kid is out of the house. 13 angsty-filled years with her dotter who already has had her fill of school. Poor kid.

When I read "moo was laughing" all I could think of was Laughing Cow cheese.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login