Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Breakingmom Tales: Or A Collection of Stupidity & Dumb Choices

Posted by twocents 
Re: Breakingmom Tales: Or A Collection of Stupidity & Dumb Choices
October 07, 2023
Double dipping today, buy what can I say? Reddit offers an endless supply of material.

Speaking of grandparents who don't have the balls to get out of the never-ending loop of raising irresponsible brats and their products of conception, this one is a doozy.

I need a freaking diagram but the short version is: Moo and Dud had one kid at age 22 named Sarah. Sarah got knocked up at age 15 and refused to have an abortion so Moo and Dud adopted the chyld (Elle) and also had another biological chyld (Logan) as Moo was pushing 40.

Moo and Dud never tell Elle that she's Sarah's bio chyld, mostly because Sarah "doesn't let them." Nor do they know who the father of Sarah's kid is because "talking about it upset her." Sarah buggered off and went to live with an aunt and met her husband, used a surrogate and now has twins.

Despite saying they gave both daughters "the talk," now Elle (grandbrat raised as their daughter) also became piggo at age 15 and also refused to abort. According to OP, she and a boy wanted to lose their virginity to each other and they did not want to use birth control their first time.

OP is now wondering how to tell Daughter #2 who her mother is.

He's got bigger problems than that, such as: He could be working until he is 80 to support his great grand-brat.

Further in the comments, thankfully someone is telling them they need to be more graphic when they have "the talk" with the son because obviously they are not giving sufficient information how to prevent pregnasty.

I will also add, birth control information should be coupled with realistic information regarding childbirth: what it does to your body and life, how hard it is, etc.

My (53M) daughter (15F) is pregnant, how do I tell her that our older daughter (31F) is actually her biological mother?

So me (53M) and my wife Rose (53F) had our older daughter Sarah (31F) when we were 22. We were young and broke, but managed and now we raised Sarah the best we could. She got pregnant at 15. It was a very depressing time for her, she had to go to therapy, and never told us anything about the father, which always upset her, so we never pushed the issue.

She originally wanted to terminate, but kept canceling, and eventually told us she wanted to give her up for adoption. But five months into the pregnancy, when she was discussing with a social worker for a couple to adopt, the couple dropped out of the adoption. After trying to find more couples, Sarah asked us if we wanted to adopt. Me and Rose were both 38 at this point, and we had both been discussing having another child, so we ended up adopting our daughter Ellie when Sarah had her at 16. Two years after Ellie, me and my wife had our son Logan (13) biologically. Growing up we always planned on telling Ellie she was adopted, but we knew with telling her that, we had to tell her Sarah was her bio mother.

Sarah never became close with Ellie, not even as sisters. She moved out after the birth and lived with Roses sister. She has always shown sisterly love to her Logan, but never towards Ellie. There has always been conflicting feelings with Sarah I have seen posts on Sarah's Instagram where she posted a picture of what was supposed to be the five of us, but Ellie was cut out. I confronted her about this and she says its too painful. However, a couple years ago she showed up drunk begging us to let us see her "daughter". We talked to her and let her stay but did not let her near Ellie since she was drunk. We found out from her husband she had suffered several miscarriages and was told to consider a surrogate.

She ended up doing that four years ago and has since had twins Jack and Jill (3M and F) who are biologically hers. Ellie has loved being an aunt to the twins and Sarah has encouraged this with Ellie, and has been inviting Ellie over her house for family time with Logan, who loves being an uncle. We have asked Sarah that in light of the twins, and Ellie being close to them, wouldn't it be time to tell Ellie the truth, but Sarah keeps claiming she is not ready.

Recently Ellie came to us and has told us she is pregnant. This time it is a completely different situation, we have met the father, he is a child hood friend of hers and they decided they wanted to lost their virginities to each other. We had the talk with Ellie long ago, as we did with Sarah. We approached the situation calmly and have since met with the father and his parents. Ellie is insistent on keeping the baby. She is 3 months along. We have not told Sarah yet, we do not know how to approach the situation, we dont know how she will be able to take it. Me and my wife are considering telling Ellie the truth but we need Sarah to be there.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TwoHotTakes/comments/17210ja/my_53m_daughter_15f_is_pregnant_how_do_i_tell_her/
TW animal abuse

This pos moo let her husband abuse her dog. I won't say what I wish for her or I will be banned

//www.reddit.com/r/breakingmom/comments/1667tov/i_miss_my_elderly_dog/
October 08, 2023
Repeating the cycle of poor parenting and giving your kids shit lives, so they begat more kids and the cycle continues.

This is why birth control needs to be in the water and you need to go before a panel to get the antidote before you have kids. And of course this broad only wants positive comments.

Not having children should be the DEFAULT. It's not easy to climb out of poverty but once you have (and keep) crotch droppings, it's damn near impossible. And how long before this broad meets "Mr. Dreamguy" and gets pregnant again and has another brat to raise alone?

I feel sorry for this woman but it's time to face the music and get her life together.

How hard is it to go NC with your mother when you don't have a license or a car and she was your only reliable way anywhere? She's basically set me up for failure since I was 13 and never pushed me to get a job or finish school or make good grades so being a child I was happy about it bc i thought I knew what I was doing but now I'm 21 and a single mother to 2 girls and I'm living in government housing so my rent is only 50 dollars but I don't have an income bc I have no one to watch my children and I don't trust daycares.

I have applied at Wal-Mart but my application is still pending. I just don't know what I'm doing with my life or how to stay afloat and I'm so scared bc I don't have anyone to turn to. My kids father isn't in their lives and neither is any of his family and the depression and fear is really starting to get to me. I want to get a job and license and a car but I know I made it that much harder on myself by having children and I'm struggling to make it work. I just need positive comments.
October 09, 2023
Well, someone thinks very highly of herself. The humble brag about the house in an expensive neighborhood, being down to earth (anyone who says this is very questionable), a weird assumption that having tattoos somehow determines a personality, and of course, another humble brag at being self-made.

The last woman I met who called her neighbors snobs I later found out terrorized them, called the police on them and tried to embarrass them if they let their dogs be outside in their fenced backyards and weren't with them 100% of the time. So, everyone snubbed her because she was a complete cunt.

AITA for brushing off my neighbors complaints about my child chalking around the neighborhood?
I live in kind of a fancy pants neighborhood and it’s a pretty stark contrast to my own person. I’m heavily tattooed and self made + pretty down to earth I’d say. Most of the people living here on the other hand were born into wealthy families and are complete snobs, except for the guy across the street. Shoutout to David if you’re reading this.

Exactly how does she know that most of the other people in her neighborhood were born into wealthy families? It sure doesn't sound like she has had conversations with her neighbors and they told her this, sounds like mean spirited gossip/assumptions to me.

Apparently, she has posted this more than once hoping to get udder rubs and sympathy:
comment
Not sure why, because they posted it in the other AITA sub and were universally told they were the AH. Maybe they’ll try amiwrong next to see if they get a new opinion.

Another astute commenter asks how long it will before this post is deleted and it has been deleted:
comment
i’m waiting to see how long it takes before the OP deletes the post bc of all the YTAs about their child drawing on the walls

My favorite:
comment
Tell your child he is free to practice his art on your property but not on other people's. Let him chalk up your walls inside and outside the house, the fence, anywhere else his little heart desires.
October 09, 2023
bell_flower
Double dipping today, buy what can I say? Reddit offers an endless supply of material.

Speaking of grandparents who don't have the balls to get out of the never-ending loop of raising irresponsible brats and their products of conception, this one is a doozy.

I need a freaking diagram but the short version is: Moo and Dud had one kid at age 22 named Sarah. Sarah got knocked up at age 15 and refused to have an abortion so Moo and Dud adopted the chyld (Elle) and also had another biological chyld (Logan) as Moo was pushing 40.

Duh could very well live long enough to be great-great grandparunt at this rate. Should have let Elle be adopted out. Take in one and endless can follow and that is exactly what he is experiencing. Plus, take in one grandbrat and you know that the entire famblee thinks you're the softie that will take in any of their brats. You're the default famblee caretaker.

If a person doesn't want to deal with spending their entire lives wiping asses then it is best to set this expectation early and not deviate from it for any reason. None of that letting a brat stay with them "just for the summer" or "just for one year" nonsense. Especially if the person shows any responsibility because in some famblees this alone is enough to keep him/her raising brats until they're dead.

If they parunt once and are a decent person who is responsible and caring then this will be taken advantage of by other famblee members who either lack these qualities or don't want to "step up". It is mostly women who are guilted, coerced or shamed into this experience. There are those responsible men/women (cousin, sibling, etc.) who are child-free, responsible, have good jobs who are also guilted, coerced into this crap. Often at the expense of their child-free spouse/long-term partner.
October 12, 2023
When your abusive partner finds out you aborted the fetus he helped make via Reddit stalking.

https://old.reddit.com/r/regretfulparents/comments/172vfux/what_moment_made_you_realise_you_possibly/

This whole discussion is just people talking about when they realized they regretted breeding. A ways down in the comments, you can see:

2 and a half months of me talking to that baby in your belly. Told my whole family and in one day that I have no memory of I lost it. I blame myself every fucking day. I’ve cried multiple nights not for losing you for not knowing what the fuck you were gonna do with my baby. And having to find out by stalking Reddit.

Let’s not do this online. I deleted my comment.

And from the same Moo in another discussion about what officially made the relationship end:

Slit his throat open as emotional blackmail, stabbed himself in the chest, beat me, restrained me from leaving during an argument while pregnant, damaged my apartment so badly I'm still finding things broken to this day, used illicit anti anxiety meds behind my back several times, broke every promise he ever made to me, the list goes on. But also that he never tried to make amends for any of it. I chose to abort that pregnancy and he just recently offered a shoulder to cry on because he's worried it will hold me back as opposed to the plethora of shit he's put me through.The disconnect from reality is...

I reeeeeeeally hope this woman is not still living with this man. She absolutely made the right choice aborting this fucker's clump, but men have killed their wives/girlfriends over abortions they did not permit and this guy seems nuts enough to do just that. But I know there are plenty of Moos over on breakingmoo who say they are separated or are basically roommates with their partners because they can't afford to get a divorce and live on their own. Even if they are not under the same roof, if he knows where she is staying, he can absolutely come after her and "teach her a lesson." She's so in the danger zone that Kenny Loggins is about to show up and sing about it.
October 12, 2023
Cambion, I think the moderators removed those remarks so the show must be over.

Good Gawd, here's another one from AITA. This woman is missing the point. She's whining that she wants a wedding and she's been dreaming about it since she was young. But she's knocked up by a man who already has a daughter who is headed for juvenile detention. I'm guessing she got knocked up to hurry things along.

I (female, 33) met my partner, Michael (M, 42), three years ago. Michael has a daughter, Emma (now 13), who lives with him full time. I met Michael about one year after his divorce when Emma was 10. Emma's mother lives with her new husband. Emma visits her mom every other Saturday .

Emma hates her stepdad ( and her mom is frustrated) and me. She calls me names and insults me when her dad isn't around. When he is, she ignores me as if I don't exist. I've tried spending time with her and doing things to make her feel special, but she laughed and told me to go f* myself. Michael thinks we need to be patient with her since she's a teen still dealing with her parents' divorce.

She became very upset and threw a fit when she found out I was pregnant. Now, her resentment has worsened. Michael wants us to get married before the baby comes. He hasn't even proposed! Instead, he suggested going to a courthouse and getting married, considering this is his second marriage and I'm pregnant. He thinks this way, Emma won't be upset since there won't be a wedding or anything. He literally said, 'Can you order rings off Etsy or Amazon, and then we just get married?'

Am I being selfish if I want to have a small wedding? I've been dreaming of my wedding day since I was a little girl! We both work, and having a small wedding is entirely within our budget.

ETA : Emma’s mom tried therapy many times with her . She refuses ! The most she has ever gone is 2 sessions now she refuses ! Emma’s step dad is done with her . On Saturdays that she goes to get mom , her step dad leaves ( stays with his mom) because she constantly calls him names and insultes him. Michael does so many activities with her , takes her to father daughter dates . She is great with him but she can’t stand me . She wants nothing to do with me . If Michael even suggests me being included in anything she says she doesn’t wanna do it anymore
October 13, 2023
Why is this woman marrying this man? The teen daughter is a rotten little cunt and life is not going to get better if the author marries this guy. They can't even agree on how to get married - Duh wants a quick courthouse job and the author wants a wedding, and it seems like one of the reasons he doesn't want a wedding is to placate his bitch daughter. Like she won't be bitter when she has to listen to a screaming infant every day and night.

It's nothing personal against the author - it sounds like the teen girl will hate anyone that isn't her biological parents. I wouldn't marry into that dumpster fire. And it's not like the author is in a position where she can avoid the brat like the stepfather does - they will be living in the same house. The daughter will likely become more abusive.

Does Moo think for one second the teen brat won't mess with the newborn loaf because she knows hurting the loaf will be a way to hurt the Moo, and to punish her Duh for re-marrying? It doesn't sound like a good home to bring a newborn into. If the author had a brain in her head, she'd abort the clump and leave this fuckwad and his bitch daughter. The brat daughter refuses therapy, so there is no hope for improvement in this household. I cannot imagine the Duh is that good of a lay that he makes up for tolerating his awful child.
October 13, 2023
Yup, if I spoke to anyone in my family (or any of their friends or partners) like that when I was a teen, there'd have been hell to pay. I just wouldn't have done it no matter my feelings on something or someone just based on survival instincts alone.

I think Cambion is right here. She needs to abort and GTFO of that situation. This is not going to get better and moo will probably end up being one of those Wine Moms that everyone laughs at. The daughter's behavior will not get better and she sounds nasty enough that she might hurt the loaf as a way to hurt her stepmoo and duh. If she's already problematic this wouldn't surprise me.
October 15, 2023
When gentull parunting means you can't keep a job because of your regrets.

Both brats refused to go to school because of "anxiety" and "possible autism diagnosis" so single mahm lost her new job the first day when she called in not being able to go to work. The company must have had a very good idea of what to expect from her and knew if they were lax she'd keep calling in because of the brats not wanting to go to school. And neither one of the duhs is any help. Guess we know what gentull parunting can lead to, don't we?

Something tells me these brats were absolutely fine once they realized they weren't going to be forced to go to school. Then again, has the moo ever forced them to do anything?

Someone in the conversation is calling out the gentull parunting and saying parunts are creating their own problems in these instances. Whoopsie.

https://www.reddit.com/r/regretfulparents/comments/175c1e2/i_cant_keep_a_job_because_of_my_kids/
October 15, 2023
If both kids refuse to go to school, you do NOT give in to their bullshit. You drag them kicking and screaming to the car and haul their asses to school. Beat their asses as much as necessary along the way. School is not optional, and how long does Moo think she's going to make it when she can't keep a job due to her brats' nonsense? Maybe if she spanks them enough for their shit, school will be the more bearable option compared to being home with Mom. It's obvious being a spineless doormat hasn't worked out for her.

Moo claims the last time she bodily picked up her brat and physically forced him into the car to go to school, he pulled his hair out. How the fuck else is he going to learn to cope with school unless he is exposed to it? Let the fucker pull out his hair - less to wash. Or shave his head if it's a boy so he has nothing to pull out. Is there a reason school makes him anxious? Is he being bullied? If there's an issue at school, that needs to be addressed. If it's just the brat being a crybaby, he doesn't get to stay home.

they both have anxiety and are possibly on the spectrum (we're on the waitlist for screening) school refusal is caused by anxiety and I'm not adding to the problem by getting physical and dragging them to school.

Fuck them and their anxiety. Do they have an actual diagnosis? Or has Moo decided to use Dr. Google to diagnose them herself? Even if an actual doctor diagnosed them with real, legitimate anxiety, they need to learn early that having anxiety doesn't mean they get to get out of doing necessary things. No kid likes going to school much like how no adult likes going to work, but guess what, sugar? You still gotta go. I never wanted to go to school either because there were rules I didn't want to follow, uniforms I didn't want to wear, and teachers I didn't want to listen to. School is not romper room happy fun time.
October 15, 2023
If they think they have anxiety now, wait until they’re homeless because they won’t let their moo keep a job.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
October 16, 2023
Cambion
No kid likes going to school much like how no adult likes going to work, but guess what, sugar? You still gotta go. I never wanted to go to school either because there were rules I didn't want to follow, uniforms I didn't want to wear, and teachers I didn't want to listen to. School is not romper room happy fun time.

Exactly, at least 50% of brats would sit at home every day if it was optional.

It beats starving and living in a car because your parents aren't able to keep a job. I wonder if making the brats live in a car with her for one night would be enough to change their minds? I bet it is. The car would either be cold or hot and I'd almost guarantee at least one brat would need to use the bathroom which would require effort to locate one, not to mention finding food and potentially having to relocate the car numerous times.
October 17, 2023
freya
It beats starving and living in a car because your parents aren't able to keep a job. I wonder if making the brats live in a car with her for one night would be enough to change their minds? I bet it is. The car would either be cold or hot and I'd almost guarantee at least one brat would need to use the bathroom which would require effort to locate one, not to mention finding food and potentially having to relocate the car numerous times.

My guess is they wouldn't care, but they'd still bitch. Because kids don't really get things like long-term consequences - all they understand is ME ME ME, NOW NOW NOW. They'll gladly whine about being hungry, cold, and uncomfortable, but wouldn't understand or care that it's their shitty behavior causing it because their so-called anxiety keeps their Moo from holding down a job.

Moo needs to haul their asses to school regardless of their precious snowflake feelings, and if they get anxious, they can go to the school nurse. Having a place to live and food to eat is more important than Junior's fee-fees, so the brats are just gonna have to take one for the team.

Not to mention that without a job, Moo would only be able to afford to keep the car for so long. I mean she could cancel her insurance and take a big chance to save money, but you still have to put gas in the car, unless she plans to siphon it out of someone else's vehicle. Also have to get it inspected and repaired. So unless these brats get their shit together, they might not even have a car to live in after a while. It's time for Mommy to put on her big girl panties, spank her brats and get a job before they wind up living behind a dumpster.
October 17, 2023
Moos griping about how they hate taking their kids on outings. So then, why do they bother? If the kids are going to do nothing but scream and cry on a planned outing - even if they're looking forward to it - why do it at all? I can assure these Moos that every single person in public will be grateful if they stay the fuck home with their screeching crotch maggots.

Why waste money on activities when the brats are just going to be cranky assholes? Especially if they're under the age of five and won't fucking remember the experience anyway? Fun things are wasted on most kids and they will suck all the fun out of any activity with their shitty behavior. Wait until they're older to do the big fun things.

https://old.reddit.com/r/breakingmom/comments/178rszz/outings_arent_a_fun_thing_for_me/

Husband wanted to do the pumpkin patch today, I obliged even though it’s chilly today & I worked overnight last night. When I had told him I wasn’t interested & he could go with our toddler he said I was “poo pooing” on his plans and he’s been looking forward to it all weekend.

Toddler had a nap in the car on the way (not long enough) but woke up chipper. I took this as a good sign. He has a great time in the corn pool, seeing the animals, and running through their activity areas but melts down when we go to pick out our pumpkins because he sees the corn pool.

He continues to fuss through the checkout & my husband looks over at me annoyed. I told him today wasn’t a good idea and that I don’t have fun on these outings. I’m stuck with the baby, the stroller/wagon, and he gets to play with our toddler. He told me to just “switch” him but baby is in a carrier bundled under my sweatshirt, there wasn’t really a way to take him out and hand him over.

We got in the car to go home & he’s upset. Says the only one that wasn’t mad about the outing by the end was the baby.

Just a vent to share some annoyance & hopefully (unfortunately) some of you know what I mean.

Omg this speaks to me. This summer I took the kiddo to Disneyland. Thousands of dollars and months of planning to make sure two measly days went off without a hitch. And it did. Great trip, wonderful memories.

Then two weeks later on an unrelated trip our car broke down and we spent three days stranded in a tiny midwestern town. We literally spent one entire day hanging out on a bench in a truck stop, and I swear to God, Bromos, my kid has equally fond memories of that gd town as she does of the expertly curated trip to the happiest place on Earth. The mind blows.

I. Hate. Outings.

Seriously. I'm fully with you. They're a little more fun when it's just me and my 6yo, but when the 3yo and my husband come along, it's just not fun for anyone.

Thankfully my husband seems to enjoy them well enough and doesn't mind going without me!
October 17, 2023
Another one married to a man-baby. Asking what to cook for him. At least the most popular comment right now is someone telling this woman that he should cook and fix his own meals.

Why Oh Why do these dumb bitches think they are responsible for feeding another person in an adult body?

At least this guy says he wants to help and I hope she takes him up on it. Why not just tell him, figure it out?

So my husband and I just had a baby two months ago. We also bought a fixer-upper the day before he was born. Needless to say, life has been very stressful and chaotic for the both of us, as we both commute a hefty distance right now, get very little sleep, and I am nutritionally tapped out from birth. Neither of us are at all healthy, and we’re a little strapped for cash because we’re trying to get our house done before our baby gets too mobile.

My husband also has sensory issues.

Things he does not tolerate well:

most cooked vegetables (mush is not his friend), tolerates some raw veggies, but honestly prefers fruit

the textures of casseroles and soups

reheated food in general

lunch meat

cottage cheese/oatmeal/applesauce textures

Some examples of foods he likes (I’ll eat anything but seafood and kale):

grilled cheese

cubed and roasted winter squash, spaghetti squash, and grilled summer squashes

pan pizza (I can make this homemade, but not with our current schedule/the baby)

rice dishes (Thai ones, specifically, although we like Korean style dishes as well)

I make a simple pasta with spaghetti, cherry tomatoes, olive oil, and herbs from the garden -Gouda and apples as a snack

He also grew up around very mediocre cooks, so he has zero kitchen skills. My kitchen skills are decent, but I can’t do it all, and he does want to help.

All this to say, I want to enable both of us into healthier habits. What are some filling meal ideas that are fairly easy and quick to prepare for lunches and dinners? He has access to an ancient microwave and a refrigerator at work, while I have every appliance except for a stove at my disposal.

For lunch he usually goes to a local diner because meatless food doesn’t keep him feeling full and reheated meat has a weird texture.
October 17, 2023
Cambion
My guess is they wouldn't care, but they'd still bitch. Because kids don't really get things like long-term consequences - all they understand is ME ME ME, NOW NOW NOW. They'll gladly whine about being hungry, cold, and uncomfortable, but wouldn't understand or care that it's their shitty behavior causing it because their so-called anxiety keeps their Moo from holding down a job.

Moo needs to haul their asses to school regardless of their precious snowflake feelings, and if they get anxious, they can go to the school nurse. Having a place to live and food to eat is more important than Junior's fee-fees, so the brats are just gonna have to take one for the team.

This is the issue with gentull parunting. If you let the brats define the boundaries all they care about is instant gratification. Push has come to shove for this moo, so we'll see if she can step up and start some real parenting.
October 17, 2023
Cambion
Moos griping about how they hate taking their kids on outings. So then, why do they bother? If the kids are going to do nothing but scream and cry on a planned outing - even if they're looking forward to it - why do it at all? I can assure these Moos that every single person in public will be grateful if they stay the fuck home with their screeching crotch maggots.

Why waste money on activities when the brats are just going to be cranky assholes? Especially if they're under the age of five and won't fucking remember the experience anyway? Fun things are wasted on most kids and they will suck all the fun out of any activity with their shitty behavior. Wait until they're older to do the big fun things.

They'd be better off just spending the money on something that makes them happy. Perhaps an outing without the brats or maybe a vacay every other year without the brats and use the money from the alternating years to pay someone to watch the brats.

They could lie on social media (if that is why they're making the effort) and claim they took the brats somewhere special and just take off and do something they'll actually enjoy. Or better yet, stop caring what others think.

I've bought gifts in the past for people who didn't act at all grateful nor did they thank me or even acknowledge it. Stopped spending money on those bitches after that. Why cast pearls before swine? Instead of complaining about it spend the money on something/someone worthwhile and create a good memory at the same time.
October 17, 2023
bell_flower
Another one married to a man-baby. Asking what to cook for him. At least the most popular comment right now is someone telling this woman that he should cook and fix his own meals.

Why Oh Why do these dumb bitches think they are responsible for feeding another person in an adult body?

At least this guy says he wants to help and I hope she takes him up on it. Why not just tell him, figure it out?

There isn't an indication he is blind so he can either watch YT or other videos which will show him step by step how to cook a specific food or read a recipe book. And I assume he can either walk or drive so he can go to the store and pick up items he needs.

If he had to cook for himself his picky list of sensory nonsense might shorten overnight. I started making some simple foods from scratch (brownies, muffins, etc.) before I was ten years old, what is wrong with these helpless adult people?
October 18, 2023
The picky eater man-baby needs to make his own fucking food, and growing up with mediocre cooks is no excuse. My family was full of average cooks and I was never even allowed to cook anything aside from simple things like soup out of a can, and I still manage to cook simple things for myself.

If Duh wants to help like he claims, he can try simple recipes, either from websites or Youtube videos. You don't have to be a professional chef to make simple, tasty meals. I also have a feeling that he grew up with idiots who think the proper way to cook vegetables is to boil the to the point of being discolored, flavorless mush. If he likes roasted squash, he may also like things such as roasted cauliflower and broccoli. But his whiny spoiled brat aversions to vegetables, oatmeal and soup limits choices for healthy menu options. The healthy things he can tolerate are fruit, roasted squash and rice-based Asian cuisine.

If you're going to be a picky shit, you get to fend for yourself. His Moo wife is already dealing with his freshly shat sprog, so can't he be arsed to be useful for half a second and at least make his own food? All I can say is Duh better start taking a multi-vitamin because he's going to be deficient in a lot of things, if he's not already.

This is what happens when childhood pickiness is indulged. Picky kids grow up into picky adults who "can't" eat a vast majority of foods and have to be catered to.
October 19, 2023
Moo is mad that her brat shrieked in a store and a stranger shrieked right back.

Sounds like someone who is sick of breeders letting their rotten brats wail in public, and what Moo here describes as a "short, quick yell" was more likely an autistic banshee screech that carried on and echoed throughout the store.

Funny how a stranger doing this isn't okay, but further down in the comments, another Moo admits to intentionally screaming as loudly as she could right back at her screaming children to make them shut up. Isn't it nice how a Moo can do something and it's fine, but when another person does the exact same thing, it's weird/abusive/inappropriate?

Well hopefully this means Moo will go out in public less.

https://old.reddit.com/r/breakingmom/comments/17ax7vs/old_man_decided_to_scream_back_at_my_almost_2/

My 20 month old was trying to help like his sibling and put groceries in the cart. I was trying to buy something but one of the sale stickers was ripped so I was quickly looking in the ad to see if it was on sale.

Meanwhile, my son reached (while sitting in the cart) and put two things in the cart.

I quickly put them back and he got angry and gave me a short, quick, loud yell. I told him no and he immediately put his head down in a pout.

This old man about 6 feet away got really angry and gave me a dirty look before turning to my kid and screaming at him loudly. Just screaming. My 1 year old got scared and started crying.

Something was clearly wrong with that man and I didn’t want to piss him off anymore so I quickly turned and walked away from him.

What the f is wrong with people? I’m sorry if he hurt your ears, but seriously is that your answer? Do you do that to all kids? Do you loudly cry back a babies? I’m just so done with todays world. I’m going to let it go and have a quick talk with both kids about what happened but man I just needed to vent here.

Not even going to lie though - for the first time ever tonight I just screamed back as loudly and authentically as I could, fully on purpose, at my 3.5 and 5.5.

Yeah they cried. And then I apologized, comforted them, explained to them why I decided to scream, and talked to them more about screaming.
October 20, 2023

My 20 month old was trying to help like his sibling and put groceries in the cart. I was trying to buy something but one of the sale stickers was ripped so I was quickly looking in the ad to see if it was on sale.

Baybeez aren't able to regulate their emotions and a moo should know this. All she had to do is let the toadler "help" and at the end of the shopping journey put the items back. She could probably put the items back before they left the row without the kid noticing.
It isn't as if the toadler was holding the items and not letting go. If a toadler wants to help, let the kid help.

And how is this toadler supposed to learn to regulate his/her emotions when the moo admits to screaming at her other kids the same day? And I doubt it is the first time she has screamed at them either.
October 20, 2023
From AITA. Here's a typical dumb 23 year old guy.

I smell an oopsie in the process.

It's amazing how dumb they both are. The Baby Rabid girlfriend wants to have a baybee but doesn't like the implication she should give up anything. DumbBoyfriend tells her if she wants to have a kid, she can take care of it. Both of them think you can WFH and watch a kid at the same time.

In a year she will be on Breaking Mom ranting about her worthless boyfriend/husband. He will be thinking, I told her I wouldn't take care of it!

He needs to stop having sex with this broad.

My (23M) girlfriend (23F) have been dating for about a year now. She’s been on a crazy baby kick lately. I definitely want to have kids but not for some time down the line. I’ve communicated this with her but I said if she wants a kid now, she can stay home and take care of it. We’re both just starting our careers and are in really no position to have a child. This baby kick upsets me because I’m 50-75% remote so I will be the one taking care of the child if we do have one. While I’m just starting to attempt to make a name for myself in my company and in the field. I am not willing to make that sacrifice at 23 years old. Soooo I told her if she wants a kid so badly she can stay home and take care of it.

She got mad that I was asking her to put the hypothetical baby before her career. She’s upset that I think she should be the caretaker when I go off to work. The issue is, I’m not insinuating that.

Who knows? Maybe 5-10 years down the line one of us will be in a position to be a caretaker. And if not, at least we’ll be making enough money to afford daycare.

The point is, we’re in no position to have a child. I am not willing to make the sacrifices right now. If she wants one so badly, she can make the sacrifices. AITA for having this sentiment?
October 21, 2023
One thing I notice in a lot of these forums is how touchy and "sensitive" all these Moos are regarding their loaf announcements and how their families react.

OMG, someone didn't hug me or do the appropriate thing when I announced being up the duff.
OMG someone announced her pregnasty during my social event and it ruined things.
OMG, I lost a clump and someone is "insensitive."
OMG, I lost a clump and someone announced being in-pig exactly X time after I lost my baybee. She should have told me in a separate room--how insensitive.
OMG, my younger sibling got pregnasty before I did, how insensitive.

All these stupid rules and unnecessary family drama over loaves.

Like in this posting over at AITA. I can't figure out what she's mad about? And it's so poorly written like usual that I cannot figure out if this sister is pregnant now after "loosing" twins? And what's the "twist" she alludes to? Huh?

I also can't figure out what the deal is with the OP's miscarriage? It seems like it was an early clump because she says people chided her for announcing it before 12 weeks but then she refers to her miscarriage(?) as the "birth of her son." ???

Regardless, a lot of stupid drama about loaf announcements and not acting the "right" way.

These people have a lot of time to waste on stupid stuff, but then again it appears to be a Breeder trait.

AITA for not congratulating my SIL on her pregnancy?

My (30w) SIL (33w) just announced her first pregnancy. Me and my Husband (her brother) already have a 2 year old and her twin sister already got a few kids, so she was the last of us childless.

Here comes the "twist", we lost our second born in July on their birth, in an absolute unpredictable way. We personally don't wait until a certain week to announce a pregnancy because life is unpredictable and you have no guarantees anyway. So we announced this pregnancy way before week 12 and her exact words were "you're pretty brave to announce the pregnancy that early". The birth of said child was also the reason we weren't able to attend her wedding which just happened on the same day a 4 hour drive away (we didn't spread the news about our sons death on that day though).

She announced her pregnancy at a little get together that originally took place to celebrate her and her twin sisters birthday. Apparently she wasn't pregnant with one children but twins but lost the child early into pregnancy. And she was openly happy about it. She started listing all the reasons she was glad that she didn't have to buy everything twice and didn't have to do twice the work ect..

I was sitting across the table and I didn't even know how to react, first of all of course her pregnancy announcement triggered some feelings of jealousy and I would have wished for her to tell us beforehand and not in a room full of people. But I'm not mad about that or anything although I find it a bit insensitive. On the other hand her happiness about loosing a child left me speechless, I mean I guess I kinda get her train of thoughts but I think some thoughts are inside thoughts and I must admit I felt offended about being confronted with her reaction to child loss in that kinda way.

Anyway neither me not my husband got up to hug her or congratulate her and she later on texted my husband that she wasn't happy about the way we acted.
October 21, 2023
Moo needs to realize that other people are allowed to expect children and share their news if it's something they are happy about. Just because Moo lost a clump doesn't mean that nobody else in the whole world is allowed to ever tell their family they are pregnant. If she miscarried a wanted fetus, then yes, that sucks for her. But the world doesn't come to a screeching halt because of it.

I think Moo is mad that her SIL was fortunate enough to wind up with a spare fetus, so that when hers died, she still had the other one. Plus there is nothing wrong with feeling relieved that you only have to deal with one loaf rather than two. One loaf is hard enough and expensive enough to deal with without the added stress and expense of dealing with a second one at the same time.

And why would the SIL need permission from the author before telling her relatives about her "condition?" It's like saying someone is insensitive for sharing that they bought a new car right after another family member totaled their vehicle, or that it's mean to brag about getting a new job when someone else just got fired from theirs. It's not insensitive to share good news. If the SIL had been like "Oh, must be God doesn't want you to have a babby, sis LOL!" or "it's karma for when you did (thing) a few years ago" or something along those lines, that would be insensitive.

God these miscarriage Moos are fucking insufferable. Like I'm sorry they lost a fetus they wanted, but they think anyone doing anything child-related is offensive. As if other people are purposely going out of their way to make the Moos of the dead clumps feel bad. Making everything about you is called narcissism.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login