Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2637 Fugly (flotsamblog.com)

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
Re: 2637 Fugly
March 24, 2008
Here is another example of what we are talking about and how the parents handled it differently (and the kid is still kind of ugly as babies usually are).

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23682263
March 24, 2008
Awww, how *CUTE* Mooo posted a little blog just for us.

Nobody is posting anything to that site. We are well-within our rights to come HERE and laugh, bitch and talk about it. Whether we rant/vent about the childed lifestyle and all the trimmings that go with it or not, wouldn't make a hoot of difference in how the childed world sees us. We could keep our mouths shut for all eternity and we would still look bad. Why? Because we aren't self-absorbed breeders, wallowing in misery, stress and chaos.

Um, once again for the cheap seats: THIS IS A RANT BOARD. DEAL WITH IT. This is not a debate board. If your opinions are different than ours, well, that's just dandy.

Oh, and Moo, it's not that we've taken a "particular interest" in your baybee, we're disgusted about that fact that it's the increasing number of cases like this that is one of the reasons health care costs are through the roof. That shit affects all of us. Our choice to not breed affects no one.
Nour
March 24, 2008
Schnozz,
You most surely are a troll. I haven’t posted anything on the site. Why don’t you ask your friend why she CHOOSES to bring a child (more than one; three!) into the world who she knows is likely going to suffer? ISN'T THAT THE REAL QUESTION?
Why come HERE and bitch about our opinions? WHY? Oh, but WE need to consider “everyone’s sake” as you put it.
Anonymous User
March 24, 2008
That Breeder is 100% selfish. Schnozz, Tell "your friend" TO stop crapping out kids, its WRONG to make a baby suffer just so you can have what you WANT. Thats life, we dont always get what we want. STOP FORCING the issue you MOO.
Anonymous User
March 24, 2008
OK, but that baby had a fatal birth defect, it was never going to live, not with all the NICU equipment in the world. The baby you're talking about is genetically normal and born at a time when she has an 80% chance of going on to have a normal life after 4-5 months of intensive treatment. As long as the parents have health care coverage that pays for that treatment, what's the issue? It's not like they're asking you to pay for it.

Don't get me wrong, I understand the need for a space to rant about entitled breeders, but this isn't a rant, it's making fun of a sick person and her scared mother. That's kind of pathetic. And to Nour, I went and read the blog; she doesn't have three children. She was pregnant with twins, and one died in utero, which caused the premature birth of the other. I just don't see the schadenfreude here.
Nour
March 24, 2008
Merc wrote:
If we stop speaking what we feel, a great freedom that most western people have, then we are giving the implied consent to more and more unnecessary medical interventions.

The greatest evil occurs when good people remain silent. To paraphrase, wont someone think of the child. Just imagine if it is concious enough to feel whats going on. Thats unfair. BUT a lot of parents feel that anything to save that child, Why? because they beleive their dna is superior? Because they "wanted" a child so bad they will do anything to keep it alive?

I so agree, Merc! We are such EXTREMISTS, doncha know.
Oh, and we call a baybee ugly. Pfff. I like how the troll ignored our comments about the poor baby and how we seem to care about her!
I've filled up my BINGO card. Thanks, Schnozz.
Anonymous User
March 24, 2008
oh ! did we hurt poor Schnozz's feelings, how dare we call an almighty baby ugly? oh my, the horror!!!!
Mercurial
March 24, 2008
It looks like the moo didn't take too kindly to the opinions of the childfree. She even took the time out to write a blog just for us.
March 24, 2008
"But theres an 80% chance after 4 or 5 months of intensive care."

If Nature decides it was better off dead, which was obvious because it was born so early, and the other twin died.. doesnt that say there is something genetically abnormal with it.

If it cannot live without massive medical intervention, then thats not normal. Look at lambs, and calves, and other animals, sometimes its not in the best interest for it to survive. Nature knows what she is doing.

Its not us that created the first topic, she posted it and expected people to roll over and go how sweet etc.. but as soon as she discovered some people who disagreed it was look at me, these evil people calling my child ugly.

She doesnt have to read what we wrote. no one is forcing her. we are entitled to our opinions, just like she is. To my mind her first post was very look at me, arent i wonderful.

Nature, knows what she is doing. perhaps people would be best served by remembering that.

(btw mercurial is not me)

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
sam
March 24, 2008
Thank god none of you have found anyone to breed with. The world is a much better place without your evil, psychotic genes multiplying.
Nour
March 24, 2008
I was wondering when we'd hear that trite gem.
Better get out the Troll-Be-Gone!
March 24, 2008
and there are no psychotic parents. As if we would be breeders if we found the right person (thats a half bingo), Because we dare tell what we think is the truth we are psychotic. And childfreeness is not genetically based.

Btw sam hows michigan state university.

*********************************************************************************************************************************

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
athena
March 24, 2008
I applaud you all for believing so profoundly in your ideals and your first ammendment rights. Congratulations. I think it's great that you have made the decision to not have children, and live your lives happily by that choice.

I do not however, agree with your horrific attack on Flotsam and her daughter.

You banter about this "monster" who is trying desperately to keep hope alive that her child will survive and be well - her life dream - saying that she is a drain on society and she be jailed for abusing her child. Yet, you sit her and criticize a woman who you do not know. How does that make you free from sin? You do not wish for others to criticize your decision to refrain from having children - but you critize those of us who would find joy in such an endeavor. Regardless of it's inherent risks.

Some of you have said that she should let nature take its course and the baby should just die...what say you then about people who have a horrific accident - and without extreme medical intervention would die? Would they too be left to their own defenses? In that case, shouldn't your argument be instead against medical practice in general, rather than in this specific instance? If we wish to forgo medical intervention to save lives when statistics show less than perfect odds...we would have to let our soldiers die in Irag when a mortar goes off by their tent. We would have to let our mothers and fathers die when they have a stroke or heart attack. We would have to let our brothers and sisters die of diabetes releated complications. When applying your logic to other areas, it is easy to see it's flaws.
Anonymous User
March 24, 2008
"Thank god none of you have found anyone to breed with. The world is a much better place without your evil, psychotic genes multiplying"

wow, what a original comeback....LOL NOT!!!
Anonymous User
March 24, 2008
"If Nature decides it was better off dead, which was obvious because it was born so early, and the other twin died.. doesnt that say there is something genetically abnormal with it. "

Is it obvious? I don't really see it. . . I don't know the cause of her other baby's death, but it looks like the other twin showed up with no abnormalities on ultrasound, and those abnormalities are usually pretty obvious. The presence of the dead twin caused a massive infection which caused her premature labor; the condition of this baby really had nothing to do with it.

I don't know what kind of genetic abnormalities you're assuming, but most of them have gross anatomical presentations that make the condition obvious. This blogger hasn't said if they've done a karyotype of her baby or not, but from looking at the pictures, I don't see any of those typical anatomical abnormalities. Do you have access to data I don't?
Anonymous User
March 24, 2008
SickOfIt (breeder) go to the parents or moooomie boards, this is a child free board where we are open discuss breeders and if we have an opinion that a babyeeeee is UGLY, than we state that. oh the horror, a babyeeee ugly? YUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
March 24, 2008
If a child, cannot live on its own due to an accident of birth.

If its an adult, who due to no fault of its own, gets blown up.. then they should be helped as much as they can with certain limits.

You are making the assumption that a preborn, is worth the same as an adult. that genetic problems/being born too early. is the same as getting your legs shot off.

its two different things. If it cannot survive without intervention, adults have lived without that intervention for years and years.

And BTW i am not american, i am british. we dont have the first amendments, and Her life dream. is to have a child.. isnt that selfish. couldnt she help so many others rather than focusing on having that child.

I think athena, and sam and a few others are only here because of her post. She wants people to go awww, i am so misunderstood. give me sympathy. There are millions of other women doing the same thing, yet they dont publicise it.

To bring the idea of soldiers getting blown up is equal to a child born too early to survive on its own. I have in my will and a living will, if i have no brain activity, if this happens, my wife has my instructions to pull the plug on me. I dont want to suffer for years with no of little chance of survival.

a preborn, is different to an adult or a child human who has had an accident. its about quality of life.

March 24, 2008
ok sick of it. if it was meant to live the other twin wouldnt have died. therefore. that is a reason..

Why did the other one spontaneously abort itself..

Anonymous User
March 24, 2008
"SickOfIt (breeder) go to the parents or moooomie boards, this is a child free board where we are open discuss breeders and if we have an opinion that a babyeeeee is UGLY, than we state that. oh the horror, a babyeeee ugly? YUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Oh, that I have no problem with. Think whatever you like, say whatever you like, it's a big Internet and we're all grownups. Just get your facts straight, is all. Championing misinformation does nobody any favors.
Peppertree
March 24, 2008
Athena--we criticize those who have children (here, in our space, which, by the way, no one invited you to) because people's decisions to have children affect everyone and everything around them (society, the environment, even the children themselves). Our decision to remain childfree affects NO ONE. Therefore, no one has any right to be criticizing US about ANYTHING. EVER.
Anonymous User
March 24, 2008
"ok sick of it. if it was meant to live the other twin wouldnt have died. therefore. that is a reason..

Why did the other one spontaneously abort itself.."

. . .? That information's in the blog. She had preterm labor caused by an infection, caused by the presence of the dead twin. The other one didn't abort itself, it got caught in the uterine crossfire.
Anonymous User
March 24, 2008
sickofit how many cunt dumplings do you have?
Peppertree
March 24, 2008
The underlying fact of all this is: This woman (Alexa) obviously has great difficulty giving birth to healthy, full-term babies. That's certainly not her fault. What IS her fault is trying to repeat the process over and over in hopes of having a healthy baby. By now, it should be obvious to her that nature is not going to allow her to achieve this. If she wants a child that badly, it shouldn't matter if it has her own genetic material. If her current baby doesn't survive, it's time to think long and hard about adoption.

And to the trolls: NO ONE from this site stooped so low as to go to Alexa's blog and start criticizing her. We were stating our opinions HERE, in OUR space. How dare you come here and start ranting at us for things that aren't any of your business. Go away. Shoo.
March 24, 2008
Oh dear, the bridge dwellers are out in force. sigh. yet no one here has invaded flotsam's shitty blog. Hmmm. . .

At the risk of repeating what others have already posted, when you write a blog, you take the rough with the smooth. People may either agree or disagree with what you write. Flotsam is the one who CHOSE to write the blog. She CHOSE to post pictures and share details of her kid's struggle. She forfeits her right to complain if she dislikes the fact that some people have criticized her decisions, regardless of whether they know her or not.

The irony is, I see more concern expressed here for the child's well being and quality of life than her selfish mother has shown. She strikes me as the kind of womban who has to have her Own Baybee (TM). It's all about what she wants and fuck the consequences. Rather than writing whiny posts complaining about the evil childfree, posting photos of her kid alongside a severed dog's head (attention-seeking, much?) and sending her breeder friends over to troll this site, she'd be better served by spending that time with the daughter she professes such devotion for.

Our decision not to have kids affects only us. No innocent life will ever be adversely affected by that decision, unlike flotsam's kid.
Anonymous User
March 24, 2008
"sickofit how many cunt dumplings do you have?"

One. I think that nobody should have children unless they yearn for them; I respect CF folks a lot for standing up for their own desires even though it goes against mainstream thought. We need more people with that kind of self-determination in this country. I would never presume that your minds would change; why would they? I know plenty of people who are as happy to be childfree at 40 as they were at 20. I don't think being CF means you're selfish; I can't imagine why on earth it would. I think it's criminal that a 22-year-old can't get her tubes tied because a patronizing asshole doctor thinks he knows her mind better than she does. Etc.

You have every right to think that babies are ugly. You have every right to think that this specific baby is ugly, and to say so. Hell, between my logged IP and my username, I'm sure you can find plenty of pictures of my kid to say things about, and that's absolutely your right. Nope, my only purpose in speaking up here is to correct some wrong facts. The baby in question is not likely to have a poor-quality life full of suffering; the blogger has not had previous premature births; not all preterm labor is caused by fetal abnormalities. The fact that I've given birth may make me a big fat breeder cow, but it doesn't change the science.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login