Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2637 Fugly (flotsamblog.com)

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
Re: 2637 Fugly
March 27, 2008
There is a difference between "Hey! Check out this great thing" and going on and on about it until the person you're talking to tries to strangle you. A lot of breeders don't seem to know that difference. Seriously, when one's ONLY TOPIC OF CONVERSATION is their children, and they bring every conversation back to the topic of their children, it is more than tedious, and borders on rude in my opinion. It also tends to make me think "what the hell? Are you trying to convert me?"
It's great to share and children should be the center of their parents lives, but when it ends up "this one item is the be-all end-all of my existence" it just seems really pathetic, and sad. How miserable it must be to never be able to think about, or discuss, anything more than that one single thing. Humans aren't made to be like that.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
e
March 27, 2008
You all obviously have the right to say whatever you want on your own site. But as a childfree person myself, I think you do huge damage to your own cause ranting about things that are so clearly untrue. She hasn't had two other babies that also died, the baby is not on any strange machines, nothing extraordinary is being done to keep her alive and in fact, if the parents tried to take the baby off the ventilator they would be charged with murder. As she is now over 3 lbs and has had no major problems the chances are closer to about 95% that she will live a perfectly normal life with absolutely no longterm problems.

Call the baby ugly, call the mother selfish for going through IVF to have a child, call society stupid for supporting it, rail all you want about the cost of insurance (and then vote for a Democrat so those costs can go down) but try to avoid looking like idiots by posting stupid, uninformed crap. You make us all look bad.
March 27, 2008
Sounds a little like "you aren't a credit to your race acting like a thug". And I am so sorry for not being happy to have breeders shove their children up my ass to make everyone feel equally all warm and fuzzy about it. Wow, I didn't know we were so important.

NEWS FLASH!! DIFFERENT PEOPLE HAVE DIFFERENT OPINIONS!
Wait, another is coming through the wires...
DIFFERENT PEOPLE EXPRESS THEMSELVES DIFFERENTLY!
Whooop...here's another...
WE AREN'T WRITING FOR ANYONE'S APPROVAL OR EDUCATION!

As I generally write from/about my own life experiences, please, enlighten me as to what part of my life I'm uninformed about, obviously I don't know.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
e
March 27, 2008
Different opinions, different means of expression, writing just to vent, being a total thug, I'm behind it all. Being flat out wrong, not so much. Say what you want, rant all you need, it sucks to have people judge you all the time and the world is not geared to the childfree. I know that, I live it.

You (Feh) may not have made any of the totally untrue and uninformed posts, I didn't keep track. But surely you don't deny there's a lot of uniformed crap in this thread, from both sides to be sure. The other two dead babies, the blood circulating machine, the terrible abnormalities, etc. If you did not post any of it, my post was not directed at you. But for those that did, do your homework first, please. How does it do anyone any good to post blatant fallacies? IMO, it doesn't, it just feeds the general misunderstanding and negativity most people have for the childfree.
March 27, 2008
yes amnesia, but after hearing, as other people have said, all about their children ad nauseum.. the 247th time it does get a bit.. annoying.

Some parents dont have any life other than their children, and i think thats sad. They rarely have interests outside of "the child" which can make them very boring.

i appreciate your willingness to see maybe we are not all child haters. we hate bad kids, and bad parents. but you have to understand that there is more to life than being a parent. we talk about a lot of other things as well. we go off topic on occasions,

And e. we dont have a cause, we dont have an agenda, we dont want to turn the world cf, we just want a place where we can moan. check out other cf boards some are worse than us.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
March 27, 2008
I'm a Johnny-Come-Lately on this post. If anyone posting here has kids, she need to ask themselves why they must try to let us know how satisfying her life is as a parent. All I can say is that this thread has gotten ridiculous and out of hand. For one thing, this is not a debate board between the childfree vs. parents. Nor is it for breeder pleasers.
Nour
March 27, 2008
All this bleating from the breeders and their pleasers is really an attempt to validate their own lives. They are battling with insecurity, jealously or both. It's not like they are actually talking to US. They are talking to themselves, masturbating their own egos.
Anonymous User
March 27, 2008
Wow, this has turned into one giant circle-jerk. Boring.
March 27, 2008
...and, we do not need breeders claiming to "respect" us for our choices. If those with kids feel the need to show respect, they can do their job at work and not expect the childfree to work the undesirable shifts or holidays because we do not have children waiting at home...or call out on a regular basis or leave work early while still getting paid until end of shift. Respect can also be given by not constantly asking us why we chose not to breed. Show respect by staying off of childfree-by-choice space unless the site has made it clear that parents are welcome or it is a debating board. Is that so freaking difficult to comprehend???eye rolling smiley
Nour
March 27, 2008
There was one parent that would regularly post here. I won't give out her call sign. She hasn't posted in a long time. Once I caught a post after she hadn't posted for a while so she may still be reading. Her posts were very funny and full of insight. She mentioned she was a parent in her first post, and I don't think ever mentioned it again or perhaps one other time.
jane
March 27, 2008
For saying that this is a "rant" site and not a discussion site, you people are certainly doing a lot of discussing. If you truly don't care what these "breeders" think, then stop posting on this thread. You are just adding fuel to the fire.
March 27, 2008
We LIKE it! If you can't beat us, join us!

Resistance is USELESS! (NOT "futile" if any of you Trekkies know where the REAL quote came from!)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
March 27, 2008
jane Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> For saying that this is a "rant" site and not a
> discussion site, you people are certainly doing a
> lot of discussing. If you truly don't care what
> these "breeders" think, then stop posting on this
> thread. You are just adding fuel to the fire.

Fuck you, Bitch! It is not your business what we post here. I notice this is your one and only post on this site. There is a search engine where you can find out what a certain person has posted. You did not even register to join this site so your missive is nothing but shit so can you 'concern' of what we post. Sure, we discuss things but this is not a forum for breeders to come on and debate. Fuck off and start your own site to try to hijack if you are so offended, cunt. Also, you need to go find out where your husband is this evening if he is not home and if you have one...grinning smiley
March 27, 2008
"Think about a fantastic book you have read, an amazing song you have heard, perhaps the most wonderful movie you have ever seen... you want to tell your friends about it - you want them to share in it too...because it brought you so much joy. I think that is what parents are trying to do with the child-free people. I am not saying I agree...but I think that is partly what they are doing...trying to share something that was meaningful to them."

There is a fine line between "gushing about my own personal joy" and telling someone they don't have the brains to figure something out for themselves. I'm not out to "convert" anyone to the CF life. If someone is inclined, they can figure that out for themselves.

The problem is, so much Breeder Bingo is condescending because it tells us: 1. we don't know our own mind; 2. we don't have the intelligence to figure out if the experience is for us.

"Other people's kids may annoy you, but it's different when it's your own."

"You don't know what you're missing."

"You'll love it when it gets here."

"How dare you tell me my child is a brat! You obviously don't have children!"

And how about that comment above? That's rich, isn't it? A Mommy coming to our board and telling us to stop posting here.

Hey Jane, how about that Most Important Job In The World? Don't you have a shitty diaper to change or some mess to clean up?

I'm supposed to be posting to this DISCUSSION BOARD because I'M CHILDFREE. And as far as caring what Breeders think, you are correct; I couldn't care less.

On the contrary, you Mommies obviously do care what the childfree think BECAUSE YOU CAN'T PEEL YOURSELVES AWAY FROM THIS PLACE.

I'm so enjoying that. It makes me positively gleeful! I'm almost glad Alexa posted what she did because I get to see Breeder Bitterness in its full glory.

You can't stand that we exist, and I'm loving it.
March 27, 2008
bell_flower Wrote:
> "Think about a fantastic book you have read, an
> amazing song you have heard, perhaps the most
> wonderful movie you have ever seen... you want to
> tell your friends about it - you want them to
> share in it too...because it brought you so much
> joy. I think that is what parents are trying to do
> with the child-free people. I am not saying I
> agree...but I think that is partly what they are
> doing...trying to share something that was
> meaningful to them."
>
> There is a fine line between "gushing about my own
> personal joy" and telling someone they don't have
> the brains to figure something out for themselves.
> I'm not out to "convert" anyone to the CF life.
> If someone is inclined, they can figure that out
> for themselves.

The Bingo is because the childed life is fucked. If it were so fucking wonderful, no one would need to be told the joys of having those babies as people would be doing it without encouragement. I read a lot of great books. I do not tell everyone about the book once I am done. Besides, a book can be put away after being read. A parent cannot just stick a kid on the shelf for the next 18+ years...grinning smiley
March 28, 2008
I was over reading some of the pathetic ego soothing comments on Alexa's board, having a good chuckle, when I came across this gem:

Fifi March 26 4:47 pm
"...........As for those horrible people, I have never EVER read such childishness as on their sites. I was astounded! (Don’t worry I did not find the one that you alluded to or I’d be facing heavy fines right about now…) But I was thinking….I think that those people are jealous of children. I honestly do! They must have terrible issues with their parents and siblings that have never been resolved............"

Yes, we sure are jealous of children. And their handlers. Oh and yes, we certainly all must have had horrible childhoods.

Can you imagine such reasoning? Jealous and terrible childhoods. I guess that's the best they can come up.

Um, sorry cunt, I had a wonderful childhood, I'm close with all of my family members and I knew my entire life that I never wanted kids because, well, I never much cared for kids even when I was a kid myself. In fact, my wonderful childhood was pretty much the main reason I decided I never wanted kids, it showed me how much fun life really is. What a stupid cunt you are, Fifi. Isn't that a dog's name?

Funny how we're the childish ones yet we're not over on Alexa's board posting shit, they're the ones here that are posting their drivel. Interesting.
March 28, 2008
RRRIIIIIGGGGGHHHHHTTTT.

Those sour grapes again.

Whatever works for them. If the trolls and moos need to tell themselves that we are "just jealous", that's even better. LET them hog all the "fun".

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
Ketchup
March 28, 2008
Hey MooTards, FUCK YOU for picking on people with shitty childhoods! Do you go around and laugh at child rape victims or kids in wheelchairs too? Kids have NO CHOICE in how their childhoods turn out. It's MOOS like you who certainly helped me decide to become childfree, MOOS like you who looked down their noses at me and my brother because mom and dad were divorced and we didn't wear the right clothes, belong to the country club, or attend the "right" church. Go to hell, each and every one of you.
March 28, 2008
You know, Ketchup, you have a very good point. I wouldn't let it upset you though, moos are viscious and sling their shit like monkeys with each other. Childfree aren't nearly as competitive with each other as the moos are.

Your comment brings back - and I cannot believe I didn't remember this previously - to one of my psychology classes in college where we studied childhoods and various things associated.

Do you know that it's a common theme amongst breeders to breed in order to try to do their own childhood over again? Or some go as far as to seek revenge on their own kids for how their parents treated them? Or to give their kids the kind of childhood they never had?

Interesting. And says a lot about why breeders act the way they do. Those wonderful, selfless individuals. (/sarcasm off)
jane
March 28, 2008
I don't think anyone was making fun of having a bad childhood. They were merely pointing out that it may be a reason for your childlessness. For having such happy and peaceful lives as CF people, you certainly have a lot of anger and hate. And I don't just mean on this thread. I have read many of the previous threads and hatred abounds. For not wanting children, you all seem to be child-obsessed. Maybe you need something more positive to do with your time. Everything that we put out into the universe comes back to us is one form or another. Maybe you should think of that before you start spewing more hate.
March 28, 2008
Yes, we DO have peaceful, happy lives UNTIL our taxes go up to build new schools, the brat next to me in a 5 star restaurant is throwing a tantrum ruining our romantic dinner, the toddler who's stupid handlers brought it to a Beer Fest is running amok knocking into people, some unsupervised 3 year old smashes an entire square of wine bottles at a winery, or the 6 year old behind you at a symphony is kicking the back of your seat non-stop for 3 hours. THAT'S when our lives are not so peaceful. And THAT'S when parents are true, true assholes.

It's not "hatred" as you so freely use. It's frustration and disgust.

The kids/young people of today are the future of this planet (how scary is THAT) and from the looks of what I see in those people, we're fucked. Pahrunts have been doing a real bang-up job.
March 28, 2008
Jane, if you are offended by this site, why do you still post here...especially since you refuse to register with the site? I can only speak for myself and am not 'jealous' of children. When in Target or other store, I am not seething with jealousy when a toddler is screeching :bawl to the heavens because she does not get the latest toy she wants or because she wants to run around the store and not stay in the cart. Neither am I jealous when the same tot screams, "I hate YOU, Mommy," while the mom is trying to save face with a hollow laugh.

Nor was I 'jealous' when I was waiting room for my turn to see the Magistrate for my divorce last November and was seated next to a decent woman whose husband tossed her out for his new girlfriend. I was grateful I was not this woman as she was back home with her mother and said in exasperation re: her two kids, "Look what I have to deal with for the next 15 years," and went on about how she makes OK $$$ at her job but cannot support an apartment on her own. Husband is spending his money on his new honey.

Jane, you seem to have your issues if you must keep on here telling US how to think. Schnozz or whomever it was trolling that site started this shit and I believe she is a 'breeder-pleaser' or a secret 'wannabe'. The majority of us do not go to mothering sites. We expect the same from moms. If they are so happy with their lives, they do not need to be over here screaming about our 'hate'. As for 'hate' Jane, I hear it most from those with kids when they find out I have avoided and escaped those babies. For example, one father said he hoped I would die a horribly painful death from cancer and called me a "lesbian" for daring to have a life sans those kiddies.

A mother was aghast when I told her I would abort in a NYC minute if a tubal failed, which I did and then got a second tubal ligation. It seems that the mom was hoping for a tubal failure where I would be forced to join your ranks. I do have a mind of my own and can think so I just did not 'have it' due to thinking it was some divine intervention for being 'so selfish' to actually want a life without a child.

My childhood was messed up. Many people who breed also had a horrible time as a child. A lot of them say they will not do the same things their mothers and fathers did yet they do whether it is drinking, drugging, staying in abusive marriages 'for the kids', allowing a stepfather/live-in boyfriend to sexually abuse the daughters while looking the other way due to a place to live, mistreating their children themselves, and so forth.

As an adult, my life has been like any other person's. I have great times; I have had bad times. This has nothing to do with not wanting children. I knew I was childfree from the time I was a kid. I never had maternal feelings. I have truly been FREE without kids. I have been able to end marriages that did not work out because I needed to whore myself for the sake of a roof over children's head as well as my own. I am my own person. Other than break the law, I can do what I want. No, I am not rich but this has nothing to do with 'stuff'.

Perhaps, you need to do something more positive with YOUR time, Jane, since you suggest it to us. You may start by staying off childfree sites. Many parents want to lecture us about our choices and the stuff we say. You want to hear real hate, go to an anti-abortion site. As a pro-abortion woman, which I say since 'pro-choice' sounds as if I am asking for approval from pro-lifers, I have heard more hate and read the death wishes toward those who will go to great lengths to not remain pregnant.

I dare you, Jane, to go over to those sites and give them the same lecture. Send the link if you are so brave but I doubt you would do so as I can almost believe you would agree with them...lurking
March 28, 2008
jane Wrote:
> I don't think anyone was making fun of having a
> bad childhood. They were merely pointing out that
> it may be a reason for your childlessness. For
> having such happy and peaceful lives as CF people,
> you certainly have a lot of anger and hate. And I
> don't just mean on this thread. I have read many
> of the previous threads and hatred abounds. For
> not wanting children, you all seem to be
> child-obsessed. Maybe you need something more
> positive to do with your time. Everything that we
> put out into the universe comes back to us is one
> form or another. Maybe you should think of that
> before you start spewing more hate.
"WAAAAHHHH!! BOOO HOOOO!! YOU STRANGERS ARE SO MEAAAAN AND HATEFUL!!! I'M A PATHETIC LOSER WHO CARES WHAT PEOPLE I HAVE NO CONNECTION TO, OR RESPECT FOR, THINK!! " And I must be correct, because you wouldn't be here telling us how scary our words are otherwise. You don't see me at mooblogs whining pathetically because I DON'T CARE WHAT THEY THINK.

Here's a clue for you, this is a child free rant board, so of course that's what we're going to rant about ON HERE. Kind of like if you went to a discussion board about knitting you might indeed find that most of the discussion revolves around...KNITTING. Do you seriously believe all we think about are children when we aren't here? I guess you probably do because you are stupid. However, when I have a leisurely wake up at 10 am on a Sunday morning, wander down stairs to my quiet and clean living room and take my time drinking coffee and reading the paper, trust me when I say "children do not enter my thoughts". In fact, children aren't in my thoughts unless they're in my vicinity acting like crack monkeys while their INATTENTIVE BREEDERS stare off into space, yak on their cell phones, or do anything else except parenting the fucking children they brought into the world.

--Me
Anonymous User
March 28, 2008
You may as well stop using that 'anger and hate' tactic to try to shame us into not stating our opinions -- because that sort of thing only works with people who actually care about what you think of them. And if anybody is THAT bothered by what some random strangers on the internet type about them (and so needy and desperate for validation that they have to tell their toadies about the big bad meanies so they can get lots of reassurances about how wonderful and selfless they are), they need to have their computer taken away from them IMMEDIATELY -- because it's not that serious. It is text on a page. Get over it. And for having such problems with the angry and hateful things we post, you sure do keep choosing to come back and continue reading them (and you call US obsessed).
March 28, 2008
i had a good life, i lost my dad when i was 16, but i was happy, content, wasnt abused, was only bullied by other kids.

but i am childfree, the idea that a bad childhood leads to cfness is dumb, its like saying all abused people turn into abusers. they dont. of course these breeders think Bad childhood = cf therefore cf must = bad childhood.

I have a life outside of this board, strange but true.. I spend about 2 hours a day surfing, this and other sites, so if i am constantly (which i bet a lot of new breeders think 2 hours) ranting about children that leaves 22 hours when i dont, 8 of which i sleep (or try too.) so thats 14 hours, a day i dont think about children. funny sort of constantly.

All you see is the posts we do, seperated by days or hours.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login