Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

2637 Fugly (flotsamblog.com)

Posted by KidFreeLuvnLife 
Re: 2637 Fugly
March 24, 2008
We are laughing at you, and I am also watching a documentary about the Titanic.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
Anonymous User
March 24, 2008
Wow, what a SHOCKER that the member who calls herself the "cat lady" has parked her fat ass in front of the TV. What are the chances that she's also sucking off the welfare tit on disability while she drives her Rascal around the Piggly Wiggly?

Anyway, it's been fun! My crotch dragon is waking up from a nap, so I won't bore you anymore. And remember...always use 3 forms of birth control! Please keep your promise...NO REPRODUCING! Love you!

Nour
March 24, 2008
I feel sorry for your kid, TrollMoo, that he or she has such a shitty mom as you obviously seem to be. You've shown so much *class* to come over here with YOUR venom. YOU seem to be the one who is filled with rage about your own life choices.
Anonymous User
March 24, 2008
Well if she gets IVF she can do the same thing -- while draining exponentially more money than even a lifetime's worth of disability from hard-working folks to pay for her creepy-looking preemie's medical expenses, and she'll get to write a blog and have lots of Divine Bovine friends bleating and mooing about what a hero she is! Poofy, if you decide to go for it, you'd better be sure to get the '101 Over-used Cliches Every Hip-Moo Needs to Know Handbook' so you'll be sure to fit right in!
Peppertree
March 24, 2008
At the risk of stooping to her level, I feel overwhelmingly compelled to mention that I think TrollMoo is a miserable, saggy-titted, dried up old skag, whose cavernous windsock of a vagina probably gives her husband all the pleasure of a king-sized fitted sheet.

Enjoy your endless years of thankless drudgery, TrollMoo...live the dream.
Helen
March 25, 2008
Heh heh, just read the mother's reply to you morons. She's got quite a style. Unlike the people here. Sad! (You, I mean, not her.)
Schnozz
March 25, 2008
So, uh. How bout that whole "no referral" discussion we were having earlier. Any chance of anyone considering that? Think about it! It would be so great! Like a secret treehouse!

Stephanie, I do want to be nicey-nice, but that's actually just because I am ... well, nicey-nice. My main motivation is just kindness for the sake of it, though even that is selfish in its own way--frankly it just makes my life easier a lot of the time when I don't whip people into a frenzy. This really isn't about my hope for acceptance from society. I don't need validation from society, and I don't know that society as a whole ever really accepts ANYONE entirely anyway--it seems like a myth to me, as people from all sides complain about it. My life is just less of a pain in the ass without the drama.

But yes, socially, I do think the gentler way is also the better way in this case, especially if anyone ACTUALLY cares about a premature baby. For instance, when I am genuinely concerned about the welfare of someone's sick child, and ending that child's suffering is my priority (versus just generating drama), sure, I might draw attention to that child's plight by addressing these concerns online. But I don't usually start out by calling the child's mother a cunt right off, because that can, you know, really put them on the defensive. The next person who calls ME a cunt over how I treat my preemie is getting a picture of me poking the baby with a stick just out of spite. This whole cunt protocol (henceforth, CP) that this forum has got going on is a little strategically flawed in that way--it's really not a great tactic toward actual RESULTS in so many situations, including hostage negotiation and Thanksgiving dinner with the fam (note: often the same thing). And logically, I would think results actually would matter to some of you who are so vocally distraught over the ongoing baby torture.

And sure, no one is likely to take medical advice from a bunch of strangers anyway, but you know what Mr. Rogers always said: "A stranger is just a friend you've never met ... unless they just called you a cunt." Point taken, Mr. Rogers. Point taken. Maybe if CP weren't deployed right away, someone would actually listen to what you have to say. Ooh, that rhymes! We should get a puppet to sing it.

I appreciate your acknowledgment that a non-referring vent would be acceptable--I consider that the very least anyone can do, since a referral is sort of the Internet equivalent of earshot. Some people seem to act as if that's akin to a gag order or something, which doesn't make much sense to me--if anything, you could speak even MORE freely. No one likes the trolls (or so they say--realistically, some of you are loving every minute of your outrage against these trespassers, I'm sure, as this automatically gives you an example of how they're worse behaved than you are), and if you don't throw them a rope, they can't get into your treehouse in the first place. If, instead, you're taunting them from the windows and weaving them a ladder, it's a little harder to find sympathy for you. OK, a lot harder, if I'm being honest. Climbing into someone's treehouse uninvited is rude, but referring to someone's baby as fugly in the first place isn't likely to make the Miss Manners Top Ten anytime soon either, so I'm not sure how long anyone can play the whole "trespassing troll" card.

Anyway ... considering how long my posts tend to go on (sorry), perhaps my strongest argument is that without referrals and linkage, you would never have even had to talk to me in the first place. A prospect that is probably seeming lovelier by the minute.

Anonymous User
March 25, 2008
I'm not in any rush to get rid of you -- like I said, I don't have a problem with differing opinions as long as they're not being forced on me. And we all get a little long-winded sometimes, so don't worry about post length.

The way I see it, your friend chose to pump her uninhabitable womb full of chemicals in an effort to force it to defy nature's clear intent -- with full knowledge of the 'inherent risks' of such endeavors. And, yes, I do think the kid is ugly, but I still think it's terribly sad that she's being forced to suffer for what seems to be purely selfish reasons, and I don't think there's anything about *your friend's* situation (not the kid's) that's heroic, admirable or worthy of sympathy. So even though I didn't actually call your friend a 'cunt', I can't say that I disagree with the sentiment.

And I suppose I could phrase things in a 'gentler' way, but I just don't see how it'd really make all that much difference with a topic like this -- I'd still be saying the same disagreeable thing, just in prettier words. But it seems to me (and I'm sure you'll correct me if I'm wrong) that what you call being 'nicey-nice' isn't just a matter of having more tact, but of not being disagreeable at all so as not to step on any toes by expressing opinions that may cause drama.

But even if we did use all nice words, what 'results' do you think we'd actually get in this particular matter? The only way to end the child's suffering would be to let it die peacefully -- and I can't even imagine how anybody would begin to convince your friend to do that. This thread wasn't created with the intent of getting results, it was made so we could express our opinion about what the kid's being put through and, yes, how she looks.

And while I do agree with you that by not taking steps to prevent referrals, some members are putting this site on other people's radar -- I don't think that gives people a pass to come a-trollin', no matter how offensive they find our words to be. On the other site, some things that would never be considered 'gentle' were said about us -- but none of our members have taken it as an invitation to troll, because we generally do try to 'confine our vitriol' to this site and keep it between our members. The other site's members should do the same.

Your friend being led back to this site was a result of carelessness, not malice. Not that it matters.

(Sorry if this gets double-posted)
March 25, 2008
There is a software thing in place to prevent things from being posted twice.

Can't wait for the trolls to show up on my blog.
March 25, 2008
So troll moo, sinking down to the commonest form of wit, (that was sarcasm if you, dont understand it), so all british people have bad teeth, i am afraid that is actually a racist comment.

And this is a person who thinks they are better, than me than the childfree. I may type differently to you, because i use different rules to you.

You are not the grammar police. Why should i make it easy for you. Perhaps you cant see beyond your pathetic little life. And that you focus on the irrelevant.

(and btw it was 11pm at night, so people do get tired, you idiot) of course this is preaching to someone who is firstly a racist, secondly, for someone who comes and trolls OUR site, when we complain you are trolling, then its our fault for not worshipping at the alter of moohood.

What a good lesson to teach your children, all british people have bad teeth, what about oh i dont know, about all irish are stupid, or other racist comments.

Your attitude is I am better than anyone else, everyone should worship me.

quite frankly, i have heard this kind of racist comment about british people, for so many years. That its not even worth getting bothered about because it just shows you that you are a racist idiot. If you think you can upset me. you cant.

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
March 25, 2008
BINGO!!!!!!

Sorry Sammy baby, we've heard that one before and it's old. Really, really old. And no, it doesn't hurt our feelings. You'll have to do better next time.

sam Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thank god none of you have found anyone to breed
> with. The world is a much better place without
> your evil, psychotic genes multiplying.
March 25, 2008
ANOTHER BINGO! Wow, my card is filling up quickly. How 'bout the rest of you???

I see low-IQ TrollMoo is really original today with her worn-out old bingoes, too. Get a life Trolls and stay on the mommy blogs where you belong.

This is a RANT board NOT a discussion board. If you don't like it, tough shit. Don't come here and ream us out over shit you have no business getting involved in. Shouldn't you be off doing TMIJITW?

TrollMoo Wrote:
> > It's so obvious you have all suffered some kind of
> unspeakable damage in your lives. Was Daddy a
> little too affectionate? Maybe Mommy liked her
> booze more than she liked you? Too bad your
> parents didn't remain childless. But hey, just
> because you guys have had a rotten life (and don't
> you dare tell me you didn't! I won't buy it!)
> doesn't mean that others won't value theirs and do
> whatever it takes to save the lives of their loved
> ones.
March 25, 2008
A superior moo. Isn't that kind-of an oxymoron, like jumbo shrimp???

TrollMoo Wrote:
> You guys crack me up! No really, reading your
> rants gives me a huge dose of superiority.
athena
March 25, 2008
I understand this a rant board...

I understand it is for people who are free of "cunt dumplings, and people who wish to remain free of "womb dragons."

That said, I just have a couple of questions -- just so I can better understand where you're coming from. Though I do not agree with your hurtful remarks, I do wish to understand your platform so as not to be ignorant of your beliefs.

How do you feel about your own mothers? Do you apply your hatred towards those who choose to have children towards your own parents? Do you consider yourselves cunt dumplings as well, and therefore also refer to yourselves as such? Are you a burden to society as well - or are you free from the edicts of the Childfree Manifesto becuase you are already adults and no longer "children?"

Have you been voluntarily sterilized? If not - what happens should your chosen method of birth control fail? Is it then not just as irresponsible as someone else who also gets pregnant by accident but simply makes a different choice?

Oh, and one more thing -- "Troll Moo" wasn't being racist, she was making a broad generalization/stereotype. Though I do not condone such an act - there is a difference between stereotypes and racism. EVERYONE has a stereotype against people different than themselves...not everyone is racist.

March 25, 2008
mercurior Wrote:

> What a good lesson to teach your children, all
> british people have bad teeth, what about oh i
> dont know, about all irish are stupid, or other
> racist comments.

No, that's wrong; it's "All Polish people are stupid" (which is me; I'm of Polish descent). Get your stereotypes straight!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
Phanster
March 25, 2008
Athena, I am going to attempt to answer your questions about the childfree. I used to be a member here whenn I first found this board as a fencesitter (someone not sure of whether to have kids or not), so I feel I am somewhat qualified to reply to your query.

How do I feel about my own mother? Hmm. As the youngest of four, she kind of got tired of playing mommy. But she was a great PARENT. She did not allow me to run nilly willy at all hours of the night and set up boundaries. The fact that I am here and not in some shark's gut off the coast of Aruba is a testament to the old addage of "spare the rod spoil the child". Thanks Mom!

How do I feel about others who choose to have children? I have no problem at all with it, as long as I don't have to directly fund their LIFESTYLE decision to be parents. I love my friend's kids and my friends appreciate the fact that I have taken a few moments to THINK before my dh and I bring a life into the world we may not be able to afford.

And there's the rub.... People don't think before having kids. They don't think about the costs of childcare or how having the wife (if it's a wife and not just a "babymama") being a SAHM means that, OH NO, they might have to scale back on luxuries for a while until the child is in school and mom can go back to work if it is difficult on her DH's (or babydaddy if you will)salary.

I don't hate kids, but I love my husband. We ARE a family. Of two. And I know that we do NOT have the resources to have children. Neither the money nor the ability to have a trusted family member watch them. So we have decided to forego the kodak moments and savor the things we can do WITHOUT kids.

But you know just WHY we're pissed? We have made a decision to not bite off more than we can chew, but WE are the ones that have to subsidize other's decisions to HAVE IT ALL!

My husband and I pay approximately 43 dollars per pay period to cover medical insurance for a Husband and Wife plan. You know what a PARENT (that's parent singular, not parents plural) with CHILDREN (again, children plural, not child singular) pays?

$1.83

Now, you tell me, how the fuck is THAT fair?

Oh, and BTW, we are planning a snip for next year, and everyone at my DH's job knows our stance on kids, and guess what they say?

"You're smart. Kids are a lot of work with very little payoff, if any at all" (this coming from one co-worker who's 15 y/o son has taken to polishing off the scotch in the locked liquor cabinet).

So, yea, I'm comfortable with my decision. Now, I'm tired of paying for everyone's else LIFESTYLE DECISION to have kids and be "parents".

Does that make it a little clearer for you, I hope? (no snark intended there)
athena
March 25, 2008
Yes, thank you.

And I do agree with some of the points you have made. I'm not some hate monger that thinks those who choose not to have children are evil - or somehow missing out...I just disagree with some of the mean and spiteful things that are said on here. I don't think it's in anyone's best interest to just be callous and cruel for cruelty's sake.

morrow
March 25, 2008
I have no interest in trolling, but I do what to provide some factual information. You are all assuming that this mother and father had any right to withhold treatment of their daughter when she was born.

That is false. Hospitals are not allowed to withold care of a child at any age unless the the child is in an irreversible coma or the treatment is "virtually futile". Any child born at or above 25 weeks like this one without any fatal genetic abnormalities, treatment would not be considered "futile". Concerns about quality of life are not valid in withholding care. Treatment is given with or without the parents consent. That's federal law.

This woman wouldn't have been allowed to withhold treatment for her daughter when she was born and she certainly couldn't now. If she tried now, there would likely be a court case, which would probably result in the state taking guardianship and then all treatment would be up to the taxpayers.

And unless we're talking about euthanasia, death for this baby would not be a peaceful end. Removing the ventilator would result in a baby who struggled to breath, and when she couldn't, would panic. What she would feel is probably closest to suffocation, a desperate need and attempt for air without success. How is that humane?

Most IVF babies come out full term and health. There was no way to know this was going to happen.

Although phanster, I have to say I wish I had your insurance plan. My husband and I have paid anywhere from $60 a pay cycle to $150 for employer provided health insurance for just the two of us. On each of the plans we've been on, the cost for employee plus "family" is more than triple the above costs.

Anonymous User
March 25, 2008
According to the blog, that baby has been through bouts of suffocation before (to the point where her mom now considers it to be 'old hat') -- so I do think it'd be more humane to just let it end than to keep putting her through that kind of thing over and over and over again.

And, yes, I do know that lots of IVF babies are born healthy -- but it's certainly not because of anything the mothers have done, it's just luck of the draw. By choosing to do IVF, every single one of those women is making a conscious decision to gamble on their child's quality of life. They KNOW that their child will have a significantly higher than normal chance of being fucked up, but they do it anyway because for them, their dream isn't just to have a child -- if that were the case, they could adopt and get the same experience -- they want to have a baby with their own genes, and experience carrying it in their own bodies, no matter the cost to the child. In my opinion, that is the height of selfishness.

The only truly 'humane' option would have been to not risk this kind of thing happening in the first place -- but for some people, considering the plight their child might end up facing falls to the wayside when it comes to what THEY want.
Amnesia
March 25, 2008
"By choosing to do IVF, every single one of those women is making a conscious decision to gamble on their child's quality of life."

What is this comment based on? I am curious where the risk to a baby is greater if they are conceived via IVF vs. another method...
Peppertree
March 25, 2008
Amnesia--Here's an answer to your question via WebMD:

"IVF does carry major risks, which include premature birth, low birth weight, stillbirth, spontaneous abortion, preeclampsia, placenta previa, and, to a lesser extent, birth defects and cerebral palsy.

What is responsible for these poor outcomes? To find out, Alastair G. Sutcliffe, MD, of the Institute of Child Health at the University College London, and Michael Ludwig, MD, of the Center for Hormonal and Metabolic Illnesses in Hamburg, Germany, analyzed 30 years of data on IVF.

The main finding: Most IVF risks are due to multiple births, and not to the IVF procedure itself. Twins, triplets, and other multiple-birth children are at much higher risk of premature or low birth weight than are singleton children. And premature birth and low birth weight are linked to a host of health risks."
Amnesia
March 25, 2008
Thank you for the information.

"Most IVF risks are due to multiple births, and not to the IVF procedure itself." - this makes sense.
Anonymous User
March 25, 2008
That little blurb doesn't help your cause much, as the IVF procedure increases the chances of a multiple birth -- so, in effect, the procedure itself IS the cause.

But there have been several other studies that provide more information -- do a Google search (you did one to find this site, right?) you'll find several legitimate sources that verify that kids conceived via fertility treatments have a higher chance of having birth defects and assorted problems than kids conceived naturally.
Amnesia
March 25, 2008
Yes, Stephanie, I do know how to do a Google search. What I had asked, and was answered (thank you Peppertree) was which studies / information you were basing your IVF comments on. There are always studies to support a cause - either for or against - so without knowing which ones are being referred to specifically, I am in the dark. Does that make sense?
Nour
March 25, 2008
Stephanie wrote:
**According to the blog, that baby has been through bouts of suffocation before (to the point where her mom now considers it to be 'old hat') -- so I do think it'd be more humane to just let it end than to keep putting her through that kind of thing over and over and over again.**

Well put. I feel very sorry for this baby. I can't imagine the pain and discomfort that she must feel, but I'm sure suffocation isn't old hat to her. sad smiley I just don't get why someone would spend so much time posting pictures online of this poor baby's pain. So many parents use their kids as tools for a number of reasons: to get attention, get a spouse, alienate an ex-spouse, focus on someone other than oneself because self-examination is too painful, etc. It seems that quite a few childfree people care way more about children than some parents. Do you think that because you had sex and reproduced your DNA that it makes you *better* in some way? What a joke. Dogs have done this. It's not that special. I understand that having a baby is a cause for celebration for those who choose to have kids. BUT why make it the end-all, be-all? And as for BS about 'Well, I hope you never reproduce, use 3 forms of BC.' Some people here HAVE had vastecomies and tubals, but I'm sure that blows your mind, doesn't it?

And here are the same old typical responses about the childfree, that we all hate children and had awful parents. The childfree come from all walks of life. Some like children. Some don't. I know we've had folks here posting who are teachers and work with kids. I'm great with kids. They seem to seek me out. Now I don't LOOVe kids; but I sure don't hate them either. I'm more wary of people who go out of their way to profess how much they love children.

If you guys are so secure in your life choices, why are you on this forum? Why aren't you paying more attention to your children?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login