Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

thumbs up"Hurray I'm registered!"(use this thread to introduce yourself)

Posted by zeropop 
Hello, hello, everyone! 23-year-old CF woman from Minneapolis here. I'm a writer and a politics enthusiast.

I've been on a variety of different CF boards over the years under a different name, but the forums I used to frequent have been overrun by the PC brigade and breeder apologists. So, after a bit of searching and reading, I've decided to make this place my new home.

I'm newly sterilized (August 1st is my anti-baby anniversary) and so damn excited about it I just had to get involved in the community again.

I'll see you guys around.
Hello, everybody! I'm 18, CF and from New Jersey. I'm still in school at the minute (I'm at lunch as I type this), but working on getting the heck out of this hellhole! Okay, it's not that bad, but after five years of high school, I'm ready to go!

I'm absolutely certain I don't want kids. I like kids - they can be cute and funny - but they're exhausting. The cuteness wears off fast. I'm better with animals. I can be around them all day. I've never been bingoed, but that's because I've only told one person and she's also childfree (and one of the most lovely people I know). Ironically, I like kids more now than I did as a kid myself. Most of them bothered me to no end. I hated the little bastards!

I like drawing and gaming. I treasure my alone time. I have to get some time to myself at least once a day or I'll lose it (seriously; if I don't get some alone time, I could go temporarily mad). After I graduate, I plan on going to college to major in IT.

That's about it. I'm glad I found this thread!

----------
"Be yourself, no matter what. Some will adore you, and some will hate everything about you, but who cares?

It's your life. Make the most out of it."
Re: thumbs upup"Hurray I'm registered!"thumbs upup(use this thread to introduce yourself)
October 21, 2012
Well, I've finally decided to start posting here after lurking a couple of months. It's great that there's a site where I can talk to like-minded people who won't tell me that I'll change my mind when I'm older.
I've been lurking since the old Bratfree board and have posted 3 or 4 times as 'Cantrip' and 'Happy Hermit', so I thought I'd finally register and join in more. I'm more of a 'listener' than a talker but I get my 2 cents in now and then. smiling smiley
Hello. I'm a 21-year-old art student from Scotland. Been adamantly opposed to having children as long as I can remember - and even moreso after reading the horror stories on this forum! I've been lurking for a few months and have finally decided to take the plunge and join.

It's great to know that there are so many other people who have been smart enough to see through society's pronatalist propaganda!
Re: thumbs upup"Hurray I'm registered!"thumbs upup(use this thread to introduce yourself)
October 23, 2012
Welcome lilin unite, brown-eyed diamond, segaface, manticore, and strange aeons!

:1welcome

~~~~~~~~~~~
I miss my little feather baby.
Hello!

I've been lurking here for some time (hence the name) and you may have seen my 'pop-in posts' from time to time.

Well, I was lurking so much - and enjoying the heck out of it - I thought it was time I joined and decided to keep using my 'pop-in poster' username because I thought it was fun ^_^

I'm 25, female and live in Liverpool, UK, with my equally CF fiance - who is 28. We are gamer otaku's who love cosplay, action movies, anything animated and video games (though I stick to the easier ones like Harvest Moon and Tekken).

I will do my best to post decent stuff and not be a pain in the arse, though I may ask your advice on CF-related things on occasion.

lurker-derp x
Hi all,

I'm 25 soon to be married to a 27 equally childfree guy. Living in Ireland, land of the religious and pro-life, fun! I was a member of another CF site but it was all a bit too nicey nicey for me.
Ive lurked here for a few days and enjoy the freedom of speech. Reading all the bingo comebacks has already got me itching to use them!

I might not post an awful lot, but I will definitely be here a lot.
hello everyone. i've been lurking on here for a long time and finally decided to post. i had already created an account but it mysteriously won't let me log into it? ... anyway, not quite sure what to write here besides the obvious "i'm CF" statement. i have always known i did not want kids and it's nice to find a community of like-minded individuals.
I'm not a brand-new newbie, but I'm still newish...anyways, I've decided that Bratfree serves all my needs for when I need a CF-humor fix. I used to go on TCFL but I've grown more and more sick of how people over there (not all, I know some of us are on both sites, and I don't mean you guys) get so touchy, butthurt and politically correct over the stupidist shit. It's one thing to play devil's advocate or voice another perspective, but I got sick of the constant culture of touchiness over there.I'm happy to leave that site behind me and join BF for good, where I can tell it how it is without mincing words and won't have the PC brigade breathing fire down my back.
October 31, 2012
thundergirl- I came here from TCFL a few months ago. I felt the same way as you. I was tired of having to watch what I said, and I never felt comfortable over there. I never knew how awesome and supportive people could be until I came here. We are a close family, and I feel like this is my home. Glad you are here.smiling smiley

~~~~~~~~~~~
Hi, I'm a huge fan of the site and actually spent the last couple of months reading the all of the past posts.

I'm a 33 YO CF female who can't stand kids. Really, I don't like them. I don't like their squeaky, whiny voices or their complete inablitly to calm the eff down and shut the hell up. I dislike their parents, more, however and wish these idiots would get a clue that not everyone finds their stupid kids to be such darling treasures. I'm really hating how society is dumbing down and turning everything and every place into a fucking playland for these shrieking rodents. I would really love to go out of my own house sometime and not have to be accosted by these crying, whining, wailing, shrieking, laughing, running, snotting, drooling, tantruming nuisances every damn time.

Society has GOT to stop catering to the lowest common denominator and expecting some proper public decorum again.
October 31, 2012
I like you already, stillwaters. Welcome!

----------
michaela

"A child will make two dishes at an entertainment for friends, and when the family dines alone, the fore or hind quarter will make a reasonable dish, and seasoned with a little pepper or salt, will be very good boiled on the fourth day, especially in winter." -Jonathan Swift, A Modest Proposal
Hi everyone smiling smiley

I already posted on one thread so thought I should introduce myself. I'm a 39 year old Brit (Scottish) who currently lives in the la-la land of Dubai with my husband and cat. I've been increasingly fed up with the rampant pro-natalism I see all around me, and this site is a breath of fresh air in pointing out the logic-free bitchiness and hypocrisy of it all - I love it!

I need to sometimes get off my chest how DEEPLY TEDIOUS I find it when people go on and on and on about teh baybeez and expect me to be interested, or expect me to want to do kid related stuff or not mind if their brats tag along. I can count on the fingers of one hand the brats that I don't mind being around for any length of time, and that length of time is always as "short as possible".

I'm also tired of the thinly veiled jealousy from so-called friends. Me & the husband are lucky enough to get to do quite a lot of exciting travelling and fun events (I do Ironman triathlons & other endurance type stuff, and they're often in exciting far flung places). Being able to do these things is due in no small part to not having sproggen to drag round hither and yon, and there are a few people who can never restrain themselves from making the "must be nice" type of comment, and until I had my consciousness raised by Bratfree I could never put my finger on quite WHY that pissed me off SO much! :scr

Anyhoo, I like it here. When I first lurked my hair stood on end at some of the terminology, but then I started laughing and I haven't stopped since. Big thumbs up to you, bratfree-ers and I hope I can join your happy gang :jump
Snark Shark
" from making the "must be nice" type of comment"

always reply "Yes! Yes it IS nice!" grinning smiley

I am practising the stupidly huge grin I make when I say it grinning smiley

I didn't understand the subtext of what was being said before, so I'd always just say "yeah, it is nice" (thinking WTF does that even mean, "it must be nice"? shrug). The barely restrained jealousy had absolutely passed me by, which must have pissed them off no end! I see that I have been going wrong by NOT saying "ahhh, poor you, your time isn't your own since the kids, is it, but that's because you're such a GREAT MOTHER, I'm sure you could do whatever you set your mind to with a bit more time", which I now understand is the "correct" answer, justifying their existence and making my achievments smaller in one fell swoop. Ah well grinning smiley not something I'm feeling bad about, not one bit.
Hello Everyone!

I've been reading this board for several years, but I was never much of a poster. You've offered me a safe haven where I can read & sympathize & know that there are plenty of happy, fulfilled people out there from all walks of life that feel the way I do.

This board has also been extremely useful in providing me with intellectual ammunition against people who disagree with my choice to not have any children. So I wanted to register & say thank you & I look forward to reading for a long time to come.

Mr. T: I pitty tha foolhankyou
November 06, 2012
trainwrecked- I love your avavtar!

And welcome! Glad you finally signed upsmiling smiley

~~~~~~~~~~~
Welcome, Everyone! I haven't been very good at checking in on this thread, but welcome one and all! This is a great place to vent, laugh, empathize and enjoy yourself.
Hello everyone, I posted earlier on I got bingo'ed thread and decided to make an account after reading the welcome thread. I'm 18, 19 in about half a month though. I live in canada bc and I have one older sister, in case you were wondering for the only child thing. I hated being a child and hated other children, always hung around the adults while growing up. I despise children, and thankfully to having a bunch of nasty illnesses(which otherwise I'm not too fond of having), they helped me understand that following the life script is an optional thing. I'm currently waiting for my gynecologist consultation re essure, its on Dec 11th wish me luck! I'm a crazy cat lady and have 3 cute tortoiseshells I love them to death, they're not like children more so like best friends/siblings....my cousins are all starting to go baby crazy, well at least they don't have to worry about losing their thin bodies, as most of them are 200-300+lbs. And thankfully they're far far away from me.
Oh and btw saw something awesome on america's funniest home videos(only like the animal parts and where kids get hurt I hate how the kid ones always win) this guy had a life size 4-5yo doll dressed in a costume and used it to get free candy, that was awesome. I've always hated Halloween ever since I was 11 everyone called me too old to trick or treat treat, wouldn't give me candy etc, my sister never had that issue even at 20 -_-" no free chocolate for me sad smiley last Halloween, the kids who keep trespassing onto our yard to skateboard knocked on the door, the lights were off, so they started yelling and kicking the door "I know you're in there come open the fucking door and give us candy" yeah.....this Halloween brought back nasty memories and evil childish sounds and this site brought me great relief. So thank-you all sorry for the rant and nice to meet you guys!
November 12, 2012
mysana
Hello everyone, I posted earlier on I got bingo'ed thread and decided to make an account after reading the welcome thread. I'm 18, 19 in about half a month though. I live in canada bc and I have one older sister, in case you were wondering for the only child thing. I hated being a child and hated other children, always hung around the adults while growing up. I despise children, and thankfully to having a bunch of nasty illnesses(which otherwise I'm not too fond of having), they helped me understand that following the life script is an optional thing. I'm currently waiting for my gynecologist consultation re essure, its on Dec 11th wish me luck! I'm a crazy cat lady and have 3 cute tortoiseshells I love them to death, they're not like children more so like best friends/siblings....my cousins are all starting to go baby crazy, well at least they don't have to worry about losing their thin bodies, as most of them are 200-300+lbs. And thankfully they're far far away from me.
Oh and btw saw something awesome on america's funniest home videos(only like the animal parts and where kids get hurt I hate how the kid ones always win) this guy had a life size 4-5yo doll dressed in a costume and used it to get free candy, that was awesome. I've always hated Halloween ever since I was 11 everyone called me too old to trick or treat treat, wouldn't give me candy etc, my sister never had that issue even at 20 -_-" no free chocolate for me sad smiley last Halloween, the kids who keep trespassing onto our yard to skateboard knocked on the door, the lights were off, so they started yelling and kicking the door "I know you're in there come open the fucking door and give us candy" yeah.....this Halloween brought back nasty memories and evil childish sounds and this site brought me great relief. So thank-you all sorry for the rant and nice to meet you guys!

:1welcome :bal :bal
Hi. I'm new too. This is my first childfree board though I am in several childfree e-mail groups. I adore cats -- have one indoor dear -- and one great childfree husband.
Snark Shark
aquarius
hello everyone. i've been lurking on here for a long time and finally decided to post. i had already created an account but it mysteriously won't let me log into it? ... anyway, not quite sure what to write here besides the obvious "i'm CF" statement. i have always known i did not want kids and it's nice to find a community of like-minded individuals.

is that YOUR picture there?:emoheart

yes sir, that is me.
Hi guys! Like a lot of others I've seen here, I found this site to be superior to the moo pleasing TCFL. I'm twenty-four, married, and just sick of the entitled bullshit I see from breeders and their little crotch droppings. I've known for about 3-4 years that kyds weren't in the cards for me, and I'm really relieved to find a site where I can rant about WIC cunts without hurting any feewings. So, thanks for being truly cf here Mr. T: I pitty tha foolhankyou
November 15, 2012
Wanted to stop in and say hi. Portland, OR area CFer here, I've been lurking for quite a while now. I like how the tone of this site is to not pull any punches and tell it like it is! I'm married - 25 glorious childfree years, 47 y.o., three spoiled rotten cats. Thankfully, I don't have to deal with much breeder bullshit on a regular basis, but I do like to keep my ear to the ground. I'm glad there's at least one sane place on teh interwebs.
November 15, 2012
Welcome everyone!

sarz- we have a lot of TCFL escapees here. I came from there too.

You will all have a lot of fun here:1welcome

~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login